• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Who's using Virtual CloneDrive / Daemon Tools with TSMuxer?

Strange. I'm not sure what to tell you. Do me a favor...next time you try it and if fails, try the new buffered I/O option and see if that helps.

Yep, did it. Nothing.

I've tried many times now, with more than one virtual drive enabled, and only once (with 2 enabled) on the second virtual drive it worked. Only once though, I could not replicate it again no matter what settings I moved around. Tried muxing bluray and m2ts, muxing everything, muxing only one video and one audio, and nothing.

I'm trying two movies right now. Shinobi and Before the Devil Knows you're Dead. The one time it worked was with Shinobi. This movie is giving me a message that it cannot read one stream (the japanese language lossless track), so it doesn't show up in tsmuxer. The English lossless track is detected OK. The time it worked, though, the Japanese track was also detected OK, so this might be related. I don't know what else I can try.

It also fails with AnyDVD enabled with an ISO of There Will Be Blood, but that ISO is unprotected, I accidentally ripped it with AnyDVD enabled. If I disable AnyDVD for that ISO it does mux OK as expected. I'll be ripping it again with AnyDVD disabled just to check another disc, I'll see how it goes.

Frack. I thought this problem was solved. It works perfectly on my system with or without AnyDVD enabled. Protected and non-protected images. This is rather disappointing.

I've had installed at some point Daemon Tools 4.10 and the latest one (4.12 I think) with SPTD 1.50 and 1.56, and also the previous version of VCD (not at the same time of course). I am thinking maybe a registry setting or something from the previous VCD could be the culprit? I am at a loss here, I just tried There Will be Blood and it failed too.

If it's working perfectly on your system, then maybe it is fixed. I'd like to know if it works in other systems too. Do you have another PC you can try? I have another Vista SP1 system at work, but it's my day off. I can't try till tomorrow night.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Hell, I'll just go to the office later tonight. It's just a few blocks away anyway. Nuttin' to do all night.

Last edited:
By the way, just uninstalled VCD, and it gave me a message window "Uninstall Failed". This has happened twice after uninstalling this latest version (uninstalled it twice). I click OK and the uninstaller continues until it says "Completed!" in the last line, so it seems to be OK:

2576379401_1e3878be9b_o.png

Aargh! Definitely something wrong with my PC. I am on my work PC and everything seems to be running fine. Any ideas which files or registry settings from maybe the older VCD or AnyDVD may be causing this?

Not a clue on that one. And DT is not causing the problem as I had both on my machine when testing this issue so that I could do comparisons. Since you're getting those failed uninstalls, though, it sounds like something maybe got corrupt. Boot into safe mode and try uninstalling it from there.

I'm on the verge of doing a System Restore.

I can see that when I first installed Virtual Clone drive (previous version), I have that checkpoint but also one that says "Install: Device Driver Package Install: Elaborate Bytes AG Storage controllers." It seems it installed only that first time, and all subsequent times I uninstalled and installed VCD it didn't uninstall or reinstall that. How can I uninstall that driver package?

Haven't a clue. When you uninstall, do you see anything left over in device manager? If so, remove it.

From what I could tell, I saw the Virtual Clone drive storage driver, but it went away when uninstalling. Is there anything else that VCD puts there? I did the restore, and it's working now, but it seems like a messy solution. I lost my monitor profiles, I'll have to calibrate again, or if I can still figure out how to fix this, I can just reverse the restore, which would be preferable.

Don't know. I've not had too many problems lately with installing/uninstalling VCD. Did you ever try my suggestion of reinstalling it and then attempting an uninstall from safe mode?

Don't know. I've not had too many problems lately with installing/uninstalling VCD. Did you ever try my suggestion of reinstalling it and then attempting an uninstall from safe mode?

Yeah, I did that before. It must be something in the registry, but I don't know what exactly. Do you know any program that monitors what the installer changes in the registry exactly, or something to that effect?

Back