• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which BR discs do most use?

TDK Blu-ray discs are great discs, written hundreds of DL and well over 1000 of SL with never a failure. just make sure you buy HTL for the single layer discs. Some people always seem to think that Verbatim are the holy grail but to be honest when it comes to BD-R's I've not been that impressed with them. I've had a higher failure rate on the SL Verbatim BD-r's than I have with TDK or PiiData

I completely agree. It's rare that I've had problems with TDK or Ridata.
I have no experience with Verbatim but bad experiences with Optical Quantum and Digistor.

I don't trust the lower cost LTH disks though, and I think Verbatim invented that. Otherwise Verbatim has been the Gold standard with most consumers from what I have read. Just stay away from Verbatim LTH and probably no problems.

Last edited:
25GB or 50GB Blu Ray Discs

Hey Everyone,

New to the Blu Ray backup and wondering are most Blu Ray movies 25GB or 50GB.

So the question revolves around wether to get the single layer or dual layer Blu Ray blanks.

I assume that to be sure I always have a large enough blank get the dual layer?

Can someone educate me on this one?

First, most discs have more than 25 Gig of data on them. The question is do you need or want all that is on the disc.If so, buy 50G discs. If the answer is no then, there are options, like using free programs like Bdrebuilder or Clowndb, that remove some of the adds for other movies, just copy the main movie. If the file is larger than 25Gig still, the movie itself is shrunk in size to fit. If you are starting out and experimenting, then buying a 3 pack of rewritable disc as well as a few standard 25 Gig discs. Keep the .iso file stored until you check out your attempt. If all works good, use Imgburn another free program to make your standard HD disc. If your attempt was a coaster, or you chose the wrong sections to put to disc, you are just out your time. Format the rewritable disc, try again. There are good posts for you to check out, on the site. Good luck.

Thanks wowszer!

Really appreciate the response. I'm in the process of ripping to the hard disk, both image and ISO then I will experiment with ImgBurn.

What is your favorite program to clone a blue ray disc?

I use Bdrebuilder and ImgBurn, the first to massage the files, if required by size. It works quite a bit faster, if the size is smaller than than the 25 G size. No encoding required, about an hour longer if encoding required. You have the option of automatically burning to bluray as soon as finished (via ImgBurn) or creating an .iso file, to burn at your convenience. Note: You will eventually get a popup saying Bdrebuilder is out of date and have to manually update.

Back