• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where is CLONE BD/HD?

Bd-r Dl 50 Gb

Hi guys, I think that BD-R DL (and burners) at a lower and honest price will be the final solution.
Simply rip to the Hdd and burn. Sony BD-R 50 Gb lines are producing million of such kind of media with new margins for the future (as shown in different articles).
About the software i will be happy if i have the possibility of reduce the main movie only into a 25 GB disc.

thats blu-ray though, its sony, i dont like sony........but their displays are the best. plus the 360 does not support it.

Good God. Apparently none of you understand the concept of HD video yet. Yea, Clone BD/HD sounds great in theory. Do you have the hardware to run it? What?? You don't understand what I mean??? Yeaaaaaaa. In order to do what you want you have to reencode the video. This currently is an *EXTREMELY* expensive process. In the order of DAYS rather than minutes or hours. If they were to release something now, you'd all complain that it wasn't fast enough and that you needed it to convert the video "as fast as CloneDVD". That, I'm afraid, is not possible. You have _3_ codecs to support now instead of _1_. In order for it to be useful, you'd have to support reencoding from one codec to another. That's just for video. There are quite a few audio codecs to deal with. Also, you'd probably want to be able to convert BD to HD DVD and vice versa. That should be easy, right? After all they use the same codecs. Yea, that's a nice theory, but, the menus are completely different. And extra features? Not a chance if they're written to use HDi or BD+J. Basically the jist of my reply here is that you need to understand what it is you're asking for before you ask for it. It's sounds great in theory to just whip out a Clone XXX program as if it's no big deal. But the reality is that it's a HUGE challenge. It's also something Slysoft is aware of and has been looking into for quite some time already. They will have something eventually. No one will be able to tell you when. We had this conversation 6 months ago and honestly, nothing's changed. If and when something is released, initially it won't be able to do most of the things I've outlined in this post. It will likely only deal with the codec that it's encoded in. Again, search the forum if you want to read more about what was said way back when. In short, we're not likely to see anything on the scale of what you're asking for from anyone for quite some time. And even if we do, you're going to need some incredibly powerful hardware to realistically use it.

That's all quite true... it's a much more difficult prospect than copying a regular DVD. Though MPEG-2 and H.264 encoders are pretty common, I haven't really seen anything with the ability to encode or re-encode VC-1 video. As far as the audio goes, my understanding was that the audio portion was left untouched when re-encoding a DVD with Shrink or Clone... I can't see such relatively inexpensive programs with the capability to re-encode DD, and even more so for DTS. Some of the audio codecs supported by Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are incredibly expensive... Dolby TrueHD uses MLP, I think, and MLP encoders stil go for around $2500.

That's all quite true... it's a much more difficult prospect than copying a regular DVD. Though MPEG-2 and H.264 encoders are pretty common, I haven't really seen anything with the ability to encode or re-encode VC-1 video. As far as the audio goes, my understanding was that the audio portion was left untouched when re-encoding a DVD with Shrink or Clone... I can't see such relatively inexpensive programs with the capability to re-encode DD, and even more so for DTS. Some of the audio codecs supported by Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are incredibly expensive... Dolby TrueHD uses MLP, I think, and MLP encoders stil go for around $2500.

That's a good point about the audio I suppose. I would think that if you were trying to save space you'd cut some of the uncompressed audio formats off the disc, but, you wouldn't need to modify them in any way. Support for all 3 video codecs, though, could be a pain. I don't know of any freeware solutions to that problem like we have with mpeg2. I'm sure we'll get there, but, this is not going to be a situation where we wake up one morning and find a fully featured Slysoft product that does everything right out of the box. I suspect if anything it'll be an evolutionary process to get where we want to go. Hardware support for encoding wouldn't be a bad thing, either. Like, say, tapping into graphics card hardware to offload the encoding processes. That'd be nice. Some day...

And...how did you determine that estimate? :)
Taking into consider a lot of factors. Most people don't even own a standalone player, let alone a computer drive, and let alone a burner. It will take a long time to then develop the program to where it has sufficient features to be released for widespread use. It could be longer. It depends on how quickly HD and BD are adapted for common use by the general public.

Taking into consider a lot of factors. Most people don't even own a standalone player, let alone a computer drive, and let alone a burner. It will take a long time to then develop the program to where it has sufficient features to be released for widespread use. It could be longer. It depends on how quickly HD and BD are adapted for common use by the general public.

Yea, well, I think I'll take what Peer said to heart on this one. Basically he sees it as more of an evolutionary, CloneDVD Mobile style thing. Initially they'll release something that doesn't do a whole lot, but, is at least marginally useful. And it's feature set will grow from there. If they wait until late 2008 to start that process it'll take too long. I suspect we'll see something earlier, but, it's guaranteed not to be what people want at first.

Yea, well, I think I'll take what Peer said to heart on this one. Basically he sees it as more of an evolutionary, CloneDVD Mobile style thing. Initially they'll release something that doesn't do a whole lot, but, is at least marginally useful. And it's feature set will grow from there. If they wait until late 2008 to start that process it'll take too long. I suspect we'll see something earlier, but, it's guaranteed not to be what people want at first.
I also think that idea makes sense to build it and add more features.

It could eventually be released as an optional upgrade to CloneDVD, like AnyDVD HD was. Even if something were released in the relatively near future, I'd imagine these features would be possible to implement without that much trouble:

1) copying a disc with menus and everything while re-encoding MPEG-2 and H.264 compressed video (MPEG-2 is obvously already handled pretty well by many applications, and H.264/AVC encoders are common enough). VC-1 stuff would have to be copied without re-encoding, I guess. Or VC-1 could be left out until re-encoding is possible. There'd undoutedly be a lot of complains about how long the re-encode process takes, though, compared to the same process with DVDs.

2) removing video titles (trailers, extras, etc.) if desired

3) removing audio/subtitle streams

Last edited:
I think and this is just speculation only that the first release would just be a rip of the whole disc only but this is just speculation. I plan on getting a 360 drive soon myself.

I think and this is just speculation only that the first release would just be a rip of the whole disc only but this is just speculation. I plan on getting a 360 drive soon myself.

Charlie,

You won't be disappointed. The drive is quiet, and performs flawlessly.

Couple the drive with PDVD7, awesome!

I'm using Sceptre's 20.1" , 16x9 Wide, High Res LCD and love it.

Oh I am sure but getting new hardware in such a stage in life (format wars) is like pulling teeth to be honest.

Back