• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

When will 3D be supported?

In the first post are the instructions to configure the helper aps BDRB relies on to work, the program itself can then be further configured (which languages you wish to keep etc, remove temp files,...) through either the internal configuration GUI or by switches added to the bdrebuilder.ini file that are listed in the hiddenopts.txt file.

That's awesome, thanks! I have some playing to do!

As an aside, is there a way to play full resolution 3D in a software player that you are aware of? I do use Plex as a HTPC package, but I am purposely not using any definitive, format terms like SBS, MVC etc because I don't know which apply. I use Plex, but is there a player that is more versatile when it comes to 3D?

Thanks again!

Software player sure, powerdvd however the downside is that with shrunk 3d discs it shows pixellation issues. This is a problem with the player as the same output plays fine on a standalone. I don't have much experience with htpc's. Maby XMBC (KODI) can do that. Technically plex itself isn't a player, it's a streaming software, same for the matching apps. If your TV? has a USB port you could plug a stick in and go that route.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Full sized can be done in movie only mode.
This is for a BD structure

Software player sure, powerdvd however the downside is that with shrunk 3d discs it shows pixellation issues. This is a problem with the player as the same output plays fine on a standalone. I don't have much experience with htpc's. Maby XMBC (KODI) can do that. Technically plex itself isn't a player, it's a streaming software, same for the matching apps. If your TV? has a USB port you could plug a stick in and go that route.

Hmmm.....I think Plex is both a streaming software AND a player. It depends on whether it's the server or client end you are talking about. It also has the capability of transcoding for playing in a web browser. The client plays media independent of what other media players are installed, but my understanding is that it is a much refined fork of XBMC/KODI. Regardless, AFAICT, it can't play any actual 3D files. It can play SBS/TAB MKV files, but those are not really 3D. They are just specially formatted MKV files that have two, half-resolution frames that get recombined by the TV. Even VLC can play them and so can WMP if you have the correct codecs installed.

The benefit of using Plex or another HTPC package is that it is a one-stop shop for all your media and it has a 10 foot interface. PowerDVD can play 3D, but AFAIK only from ISO images of the entire disk. I am trying to rip/play just the main movie. If it can do that I'm unaware of it. I want to get rid of all the menus and such.

The entire scope of my quest is probably outside the scope of this forum, but those are the basics. It is one of the reasons I need CloneBD to handle 3D....;)

It does full definition 3D in movie only mode, with output as ISO into a BD structure
It can create a BD of movie only with ISO as output

It does full definition 3D in movie only mode, with output as ISO into a BD structure
It can create a BD of movie only with ISO as output
Which program are you referring to that can only do this?

BDRB, and it can do far more than just this
So......I installed BDRB. I followed the instructions on the Doom forum. All seemed to go well as far as installing goes. The program runs and appears to complete it's business. I tried it twice last night, both times extracting the main movie only. I need to read some more to figure out exactly what it can do since the video files in the ISO images it creates don't play properly. The video plays, but there is no audio. I know I need to learn about this. I also expected that it can create MKV/MP4 output, but perhaps I misunderstood that.

So....temporarily I went back using Handbrake to rip a simple MKV from a BR disk. It fails. I thought perhaps it was some new copy protection that AnyDVD hadn't broken yet since it's Terminator Genisys, which I just got today in the mail. So I ripped it to full ISO using AnyDVD-HD with no issue. When I try to mount that ISO and rip an MKV Handbrake still fails.

So I pull out another program that I use to rip disks. That fails too.

I'm pretty sure that installing and configuring BDRB has hosed some filter, codec, ripper, whatever that get's installed/configured with BDRB, rendering my other programs broken. I am hosed. None of my programs work right now EXCEPT for CloneBD......which is working.....so far. The rest are broken.

So.....I go to the BDRB forum in Doom9. I figure I can get help to make these program compatible in there. The forum is nearly empty except for the bug report thread, which has over 23K posts in it.

I try to start a thread to ask about this. I am told that I have to wait 5 days before I can start/reply to a thread. That means I'm hosed until at least then.

SMH....

Does anyone here know.....and I get that this isn't the forum for this......if there are any other forums for BDRB support/help? Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks if you can help!

There is only 1 home for bdrb and that's doom9. Any problems with it need to be posted in that debug thread, that's what is there for.

Sorry this is the Slysoft forum and we only support Slysoft products, and I believe if you can wait a bit, it will be supported here in a future version, until then enjoy CloneBD.

Check tot bdrb settings first the program does NOT ask which audio/subtitle tracks you want to REMOVE, but which ones you want to KEEP!! (as specified below the 2 boxes). As such it you UNTICK English you're actively telling it to REMOVE the English tracks.

Sorry this is the Slysoft forum and we only support Slysoft products, and I believe if you can wait a bit, it will be supported here in a future version, until then enjoy CloneBD.
Well, officially my CloneBD doesn't work either. No audio when I used it to rip a disk to MKV....

Check tot bdrb settings first the program does NOT ask which audio/subtitle tracks you want to REMOVE, but which ones you want to KEEP!! (as specified below the 2 boxes). As such it you UNTICK English you're actively telling it to REMOVE the English tracks.

Thank you.

How would this affect every other program I have on my system including CloneBD when ripping a movie?

FTR, I just checked and ALL languages and sub-titles are already selected in the settings.

Also, I took the same physical BD and put it in an alternate (slow, non-HTPC) PC and am able to rip it using Handbrake just fine, including audio. Installing BDRB altered something on THAT PC somehow.

I apologize to this forum. It wasn't my intention to start an entire conversation ABOUT other programs. I did get to BDRB via this thread though and now I am stuck with a broken system including CloneBD because of it so thank you for any help!

It doesn't affect any other program at all, nor do the helper apps. I've been using it for years. You're likely not doing things correctly and/or misconfigured it and/or the helper apps.

It doesn't affect any other program at all, nor do the helper apps. I've been using it for years. You're likely not doing things correctly and/or misconfigured it and/or the helper apps.

I can accept that I don't have a clue about this program really. I can even accept that because of my ignorance I could have misconfigured something.

However, I didn't configure anything other than to experiment with two things: the output size and whether the output is an ISO or not. I didn't change any of the default settings in BDRB nor did I even open any "helper apps" to configure anything.

The only thing that happened when I installed/configured as per the tutorial that was NOT specifically mentioned was that the first time I started BDRB it said that my LAV filters weren't configured correctly. It then gave me the option of doing it automatically from within BDRB. I did that. it took about 2 seconds for the program to "configure it" then it opened as expected.

Again, thank you fro trying to help me!

UPDATE: I can't say what caused the issue. There was audio if I played a physical disk or a previously existing rip, but no audio on anything I ripped in ANY program after I installed BDRB. No idea....

However, I rebooted the system and all is working again. Thank you for the suggestions and help!

Back