• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What version of DirectX does CloneBD install ?

C

cholla

The title says it .
I would like to know what version of DirectX is installed by CloneBD .
Any other information about the DirectX install would be appreciated .

Just to note I opted not install the DirectX offered by the CloneBD installer.
This cause CloneBD to not even start in Windows 7 HP .
dxdiag shows I have DirectX 11 installed & "No problems found" under all tabs.

I did get CloneBD to start by downloading & installing :dxwebsetup.exe which is the DirectX 9.0 Web setup file version 6.0.2600.0
This was from MS.

CloneBD will now do Complete Copy or Partial Copy .

The conversion to .mp4 or .mkv don't work.
What is created is a small corrupted file that doesn't play.
I get a warning to "Close the program".
I believe this is a file in the CloneBD Program Files folder.
This one: Drone.libav.exe
That isn't working & wants to close the program.

I will leave my problems using my Vista OS for another post .

You have not given us any information.

1. DirectX11 is fine.
2. What is the size of you bluray file?
3. What is the name of your bluray file?
4. Is it a complete file that AnyDVDHD can decrypt?
5. Post an AnyDVDHD log file
6. Exactly what type of Bluray BDROM are you using?
7. What are the exact specs of your computer?
8. Most time if the file is not complete it can be corrupted, that will result in an error.
9. No one here has said that the DirectX version installed by CloneBD doesn't work in Windows 7? So you may have a computer issue.
10. What is the extention on the file you are trying to make an .mp4 or .mkv out of?
11. Have you tried any other files? Complete files. Movies files, video files? What is the outcome?
Post all of this information and please do not leave anything out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response SlyFox 1 .
I did give the information for my main question.
Which is : What version of DirectX is installed by the CloneBD installer ?

Or what DirectX file or files are installed by CloneBD if the DirectX option is selected ?

I unchecked the DirectX option . The reason is the DirectX 11 I already had installed reports "No problems found" in all Tabs.
It was this way before & after the CloneBD install.

9. No one here has said that the DirectX version installed by CloneBD doesn't work in Windows 7? So you may have a computer issue.

Since I didn't install this I can't say whether it would have caused problems or not . I opted to keep the version that reported itself to be working.
However with that way CloneBD wouldn't even start .
I got this error:
CBDerror02.jpg
I then downloaded & installed :dxwebsetup.exe which is the DirectX 9.0 Web setup file version 6.0.2600.0
This was from MS.
dxdaig still show my shown my version of DirectX as 11 after this. The download must have added something because after that I could start & use CloneBD as described in the first post.

I will be more than happy to answer your questions but I think posting the other issue confused the main question.
I would like it answered first.

The program makes .mkv and .mp4 files all day on my computer and I am using DirectX11, so does that answer your question? You can install the version with the program, it will update your DirectX if needed or it will over write what you have with the correct version.

Last edited:
I understand that CloneBD works on some computers & some of those have DirectX 11.
However CloneBD doesn't work on my computer . Whatever the reason is I'm trying to find it.

I'm trying to give feedback as well as maybe fix the problems I'm having .

For now I want to fix the problems with Windows 7 .
The problems I'm having with my Vista os are different.
On this computer I actually have 3 different OS's all on their own hard drives.

This is the error I get on Windows 7 when I attempt to convert to .mkv or .mp4 :
Error05.jpg

Looking through some of the older threads it appears it installs Dx9 files. Many older games require 9 and DX11 may not have backward support for the features required.

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?62048-CloneBD-Install-File-D3DX9_43-DLL-Missing

This was why it was included in the installer in the second public release.
You can install older versions of DX, Windows just ignores the files if they aren't required.
I suspect it is required for something in the conversion process as some of the code is open source and possible built on older versions of DirectX??

Last edited:
Please tell me the name of Bluray file or disc you are trying to make an .mkv or. mp4 file of. I also want to see an AnyDVDHD log file of the movie. You didn't answer most of my questions, so until I know if you have tried other discs or bluray files and what this particular files extention is, I cannot help you. Please upload the AnyDVD .log file.

I understand that CloneBD works on some computers & some of those have DirectX 11.
However CloneBD doesn't work on my computer . Whatever the reason is I'm trying to find it.

I'm trying to give feedback as well as maybe fix the problems I'm having .

For now I want to fix the problems with Windows 7 .
The problems I'm having with my Vista os are different.
On this computer I actually have 3 different OS's all on their own hard drives.

This is the error I get on Windows 7 when I attempt to convert to .mkv or .mp4 :
View attachment 25906

Re-run the installer and include the directX, it will install the require files, even if it is a older version. It will not interfere in your computer

@ gmac1701 , Thanks for the link.I had already found that thread & I have the D3Dx9_43.Dll file.
So that should not be the problem.

@ calcu007 , I uninstalled CloneBD & rebooted.
I then made an Acronis backup just in case I wanted to return the OS to before I let CloneBD install it's DirectX files.
I then did a fresh install of CloneBD with the DirectX option checked.
This made no difference . The error is still the same.

@ SlyFox 1 , Do you want just a copy of the status from the scan of this blu-ray disc or do you want the "AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info_I_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.ziplog" . ?
I didn't create one the first time but I'm doing the rip a second time with AnyDVD HD.
I have been using the .iso from that rip in CloneBD .That should work or it is my understanding it will.
I didn't see any log options in CloneBD.
If it is the "AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info_I_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.ziplog" you want I will upload it .
I only ask because it is almost 1MB.

@ gmac1701 , Thanks for the link.I had already found that thread & I have the D3Dx9_43.Dll file.
So that should not be the problem.

@ calcu007 , I uninstalled CloneBD & rebooted.
I then made an Acronis backup just in case I wanted to return the OS to before I let CloneBD install it's DirectX files.
I then did a fresh install of CloneBD with the DirectX option checked.
This made no difference . The error is still the same.

@ SlyFox 1 , Do you want just a copy of the status from the scan of this blu-ray disc or do you want the "AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info_I_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.ziplog" . ?
I didn't create one the first time but I'm doing the rip a second time with AnyDVD HD.
I have been using the .iso from that rip in CloneBD .That should work or it is my understanding it will.
I didn't see any log options in CloneBD.
If it is the "AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info_I_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.ziplog" you want I will upload it .
I only ask because it is almost 1MB.
Posted by cholla
AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info_I_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.zip log" . ?
I want a zip log from AnyDVD 7.5.7.2 , thank you. This seems to be more of a computer issue on your end because of all the issues we have received log files for none have reflected your issue with DirectX and the drone.libav.exe You can create a log file if the program crashes or if its a successful file with an error you can press the alt button on your keyboard and two buttons for submission will appear. Please upload or submit the log file here or to bugs@elby.ch

@ SlyFox 1,
This is the "AnyDVD_log.txt". It is the closest I can find to the name you asked for.
I had to split it because of forum size limits.
View attachment AnyDVD_log01.txt

View attachment AnyDVD_log02.txt

If what you need instead is the "movie.ziplog" Let me know .

I also tried disconnecting my internet connection & turning off all my anti-virus & anti-malware software .
The results are the same.

I get the error I posted above . I'm now using the latest version 1.0.2.7 .
On the "Data rate" tab I can see data on the graph for a short time .
Then none. Then CloneBD continues to count "Elapsed time" but does nothing.
I can click "Abort" indefinately & it has the pop up asking for Yes or No .
When I "close" CloneBD it eventually "freezes" & has to be "ended" with Windows Task Manager.
The .mkv file it creates is 10 seconds long instead of the 5 minutes selected to test with .

EDIT: SlyFox 1, I was working on the post when you posted. I was a bit slow so I didn't see your last post before I posted this.
I usually don't install the AnyDVD HD betas but I will get one this time. Install it & test again . then post the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need the entire ziplog, which he did specifically ask for. And no, at 1MB it's not to big to attach to a post.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

@ SlyFox 1,
This is the "AnyDVD_log.txt". It is the closest I can find to the name you asked for.
I had to split it because of forum size limits.
View attachment 25927

View attachment 25928

If what you need instead is the "movie.ziplog" Let me know .

I also tried disconnecting my internet connection & turning off all my anti-virus & anti-malware software .
The results are the same.

I get the error I posted above . I'm now using the latest version 1.0.2.7 .
On the "Data rate" tab I can see data on the graph for a short time .
Then none. Then CloneBD continues to count "Elapsed time" but does nothing.
I can click "Abort" indefinately & it has the pop up asking for Yes or No .
When I "close" CloneBD it eventually "freezes" & has to be "ended" with Windows Task Manager.
The .mkv file it creates is 10 seconds long instead of the 5 minutes selected to test with .

I want the ziplog, its not to big to upload, the one from AnyDVDHD. Use AnyDVDHD 7.5.7.2. Right click on the Fox head in your taskbar and choose create logfile.

As I explained in the edit of my last post I was writing it when SlyFox 1 posted.

Heres the AnyDVD_7.5.7.2_Info_I_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.ziplog :
View attachment AnyDVD_7.5.7.2_Info_I_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.ziplog

This is the CloneBD error report .
The only way I could get CloneBD to complete was to mount the EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.iso I got from the AnyDVD HD 7.5.7.0 rip of this disc.
I haven't ripped on with 7.5.7.2 & doubt that is necessary for this . I mounted it in Virtual CloneDrive.
If I try to create a .mkv strait from the disc or mount the EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.iso with the CloneBD Iso feature it never comepletes.
The data just stops. I can't generate an error report that way . Even by hitting the "Alt"key.

This isn't a big deal but CloneBD won't send the error report by e-mail . I get a no e-mail client warning & then a "failed to send e-mail" error.
I've sent a couple to the e-mail address a couple of weeks ago manually.
So I'm including the latest one here:
View attachment ESB02.zip

As I explained in the edit of my last post I was writing it when SlyFox 1 posted.

Heres the AnyDVD_7.5.7.2_Info_I_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.ziplog :
View attachment 25929

This is the CloneBD error report .
The only way I could get CloneBD to complete was to mount the EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.iso I got from the AnyDVD HD 7.5.7.0 rip of this disc.
I haven't ripped on with 7.5.7.2 & doubt that is necessary for this . I mounted it in Virtual CloneDrive.
If I try to create a .mkv strait from the disc or mount the EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK.iso with the CloneBD Iso feature it never comepletes.
The data just stops. I can't generate an error report that way . Even by hitting the "Alt"key.

This isn't a big deal but CloneBD won't send the error report by e-mail . I get a no e-mail client warning & then a "failed to send e-mail" error.
I've sent a couple to the e-mail address a couple of weeks ago manually.
So I'm including the latest one here:
View attachment 25930

Hello cholla: Please disable your Avast anti virus both protection and firewall, and run the program. This might have a severe reaction in some systems to the program.

Works just fine here using avast internet security

Works just fine here using avast internet security

He is using a 32 bit computer, it acts differently than 64 bit. I am trying my best to help him, let him try what I ask, thank you.

Ofc, but doubt avast will have anything to do with it. But then again, it does love to perform a deep scan on the drone exe file here too. Other than that, no issues.

Ofc, but doubt avast will have anything to do with it. But then again, it does love to perform a deep scan on the drone exe file here too. Other than that, no issues.

That's where his issues are, so my thoughts went right there first. Just a shot in the dark. The version of Avast he is running might have corrupted a Windows system file that was not needed until CloneBD was installed.

@ SlyFox 1 , I replied to your PM but nothing showed in sent . Just letting you know I didn't ignore the PM if nothing shows up.
I will try the suggestions & report back.

Back