• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What If Providers No Longer Provide Access Via A Webpage?

Butt_Love

Hi There!

Since AnyStream requires access to the providers content via a website or webpage what happens if the 3 current providers no longer provide a website or webpage portal to their services? Say they only allow access via their official apps (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc.).

Would that not render AnyStream useless?

Thanks

I would say yes, since it currently uses the webpages (even if they have their own solution for NF and D+).
In this case they would have to get access to the app data or manipulate the app or whatever. But this is nothing we can know, only the devs could decide this when it would be the case.

I would say yes, since it currently uses the webpages (even if they have their own solution for NF and D+).
In this case they would have to get access to the app data or manipulate the app or whatever. But this is nothing we can know, only the devs could decide this when it would be the case.
I could give you 100," if" this happened situations, but none of them are going to happen.

Hi There!

Since AnyStream requires access to the providers content via a website or webpage what happens if the 3 current providers no longer provide a website or webpage portal to their services? Say they only allow access via their official apps (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc.).

Thanks

Considering web-based applications are far more common today, I don’t think they’re stupid enough to drop the BROWSER. They’ll just piss of their customers when their “proprietary” app stops working.

Browsers just WORK, and if you take into consideration the amount of time and resources that go into App development across a plethora of Operating Systems and devices, then you might just conclude that this will not be a concern for many, many years.

The App development has to RESPOND to every new change in an OS, and that includes any and all weekly updates, enhancements, etc.

Apps are proprietary and web browsers are UNIVERSAL.

Browser problems? Many people have 2 browsers to try, and can pull another one down if needed.
Using the App… you don’t have any other options unless you switch to a physically different device/computer.
Your APP stops working? You’ll be pissed!

That doesn’t sound like a sound business model…

Browsers just WORK
Also you can open Amz or NF on every Browser unless it has been blocked by your company or something, but it may not be possible for you to install the App when the Admin blocked it or when the owner don't want to get the app on his device, so it is far easier and faster to just open the site in a browser.

Thanks guys... I was just collecting some opinions before pulling the trigger. I'm a big supporter of RedFox and before that Slysoft. Have used AnyDVD for a very long time as well as CloneBD & CloneDVD Mobile back in the day.

With regards AnyDVD I wasn't as concerned with the software potentially becoming obsolete because I knew there really wasn't anything the Studio's could do since Billions of Players (UHD, Blu-Ray, and DVD) were being used and they really couldn't change the spec on the Discs without literally Pi$$ing off the whole world. And 99.9% of the people who they would pi$$ off have never heard of RedFox or Slysoft. So I felt pretty safe that the software was going to be valuable for years, and years, and years to come.

Just didn't have that same warm fuzzy with the AnyStream program since it's fully dependent on the providers websites. I do however believe that they are here to stay for some time for the above reasons and I guess the sooner you buy in the more time you have before whatever may happen…. if anything! Now if July 4th and a potential RedFox Discount will come, I'll be all set!

Thanks

Last edited:
Back