• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What about if a user wants a 1:1 iso of a DVD with no remastering wanted or needed

nebostrangla

No, please use CloneDVD. It remasters and creates an iso.
I started a new thread to not go further off topic.
Like the title suggests what if no remastering is wanted or needed (a 1:1 copy) wouldn't it be better to use CloneCD over imgburn or something else entirely . As that's what sabertooth was talking about with the DVD's. And only because I always explain that when using the built-in ripper of AnyDVDHD to rip BD to ISO and DVD to files and that was where it got off topic. I myself do 1:1's as much as possible. And have used CloneCD to do that for years and have had no issues doing so. I value your knowledge and opinion greatly along with the rest of your team.

Last edited:
Use AnyDVD's Rip to HD option and create an ISO from the resulting output files. I personally would use ImgBurn to create the ISO.

That will give you as close to an original copy as possible. I've done that on occasion when I wanted as close a duplicate as possible with DVDs.

There is some remastering going on, AnyDVD removes the protections. AKAIK it is not possible to create a protected DVD copy as can be done with a Bluray disc.

Use AnyDVD's Rip to HD option and create an ISO from the resulting output files.

Just plain NO, it's NOT advised to use the AnyDVD image ripper on DVD's which is what this topic is all about. AnyDVD gives that warning for a reason. If you want DVD iso's use CloneDVD's image function. It'll let you remove the redundant file structure and output to iso all in 1 go.

This was directed to James about 1:1 copy's. There are times when myself and others want to keep a dual layer exactly the same minus the CSS of course. I use CloneCD for those but I was just questioning why he would want someone to remaster something when they don't want to remove anything and want to keep the layer break where it's at. There's also the times where I do 1:1 of single layers as well. I don't remaster unless I need to compress it.

Just plain NO, it's NOT advised to use the AnyDVD image ripper on DVD's which is what this topic is all about. AnyDVD gives that warning for a reason. If you want DVD iso's use CloneDVD's image function. It'll let you remove the redundant file structure and output to iso all in 1 go.
Again you didn't read what they posted

Use AnyDVD's Rip to HD option and create an ISO from the resulting output files. I personally would use ImgBurn to create the ISO.
This recommendation is the correct way.
Rip to file not image . Then they were building a iso from the files using imgburn. Now it would be simpler to do this with cloneDVD and I need to compress then I will use it. BUT some people do not own it as they prefer other software. ie DVDShrink .

Last edited:
you don't want to do that either. If you rip to HD first you lose the layer break info. The best options are either 1:1 with cloneCD or CloneDVD's image option

I said Rip to HD, not ISO. Rip to FILES/FOLDERS.

you don't want to do that either. If you rip to HD first you lose the layer break info. The best options are either 1:1 with cloneCD or CloneDVD's image option
ImgBurn can recreate the layer break information, and give different layer break options as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Options I have used:

ImageBurm -> rip to iso
CloneCD -> rip to iso

both with AnyDVD enabled.

I have always used AnyDVD HD's right-click 'Rip to Image...' for 1:1 DVDs and Blu-Rays to mount with Virtual CloneDrive. Why is 'Rip to Image...' not advised for 1:1 .ISO?

An ISO with anydvd is always 1:1, there's no such thing as not advised for 1:1. What is said is that the image ripper is not advised to be used on dvd's only! It's fine for Blu-ray, for Blu-ray is even the recommended method.

For DVD's one of the main reasons it's not advised is that among other things, structural protection is kept intact which may cause issues when used for playback.

If you want dvd iso's, use the CloneDVD image function. That way you have your ISO and structural protection is gone.

We talked this topic to death in the German forum section.
Conclusion: Creating *.iso files with CloneDVD and AnyDVD enabled is the best way to go for a 1 : 1 copy, even if a remastering process takes place.
Some files are just bloated with unnecessary data (0s) that are getting removed thanks to CloneDVD.

Last edited:
I started a new thread to not go further off topic.
Like the title suggests what if no remastering is wanted or needed (a 1:1 copy) wouldn't it be better to use CloneCD over imgburn or something else entirely . As that's what sabertooth was talking about with the DVD's. And only because I always explain that when using the built-in ripper of AnyDVDHD to rip BD to ISO and DVD to files and that was where it got off topic. I myself do 1:1's as much as possible. And have used CloneCD to do that for years and have had no issues doing so. I value your knowledge and opinion greatly along with the rest of your team.
In theory using "rip to image with additional dvd file" and burning with CloneDVD or using CloneCD (both methods preserve the layer break position) should do what you want.
The question is - do you really want this? With DVDs there is a popular thing called "structural protection". It stretches the DVD standard a lot, so that copy programs struggle, but players are still able to play it.
But I have seen many discs which played in player A but did not in player B. The discs are filled with garbage, invalid files, wrong filesystem pointers, ....
Sure, if you create an .iso with CloneCD it might play. But will it play with the new player you will buy in one year?
If you use CloneDVD instead, you will get a clean copy with perfect layer break position which is likely to play on every player you throw it at.
So, my advice is to always use CloneDVD, so you don't have to worry. Ever.

Thank you for your time James. You answered the question asked perfectly.

Back