• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

website down for me?

Thank you so much for the help.

A part of me thinks paying for a blu-ray playback video player would be the easiest thing to do, but I hate how players force my videos to up-scale. VLC will let me set the aspect ratio.
Upscaling has nothing to do with aspect ratio. Upscaling is eg going from 576p (DVD resolution) to 1080p (Blu-ray resolution) via software.

An aspect ratio is how the picture is presented on screen, eg 4:3 or 16:9

You can upscale all you want, but a 4:3 AR will remain 4:3 (or rather it should).

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

You can upscale all you want, but a 4:3 AR will remain 4:3 (or rather it should).

It still zooms in. I played with one software, and it would let me set the aspect ratio, but it would not go into full-screen mode without making the video fit the screen. I could not find a choice to stop it.

I hate that. A 4:3 dvd looks terrible when stretched to fit on a HD tv. I'll take the tiny picture over a blurry one.

What player? Haven't seen a standalone do that, but software ones might.

It's called SMPlayer. I was searching for players built in C++, a few came up and I tested them. I did not see the choice to keep the video from blowing up with full-screen mode.

I don't have any 4:3 DVDs but I do have some video files in that aspect ratio. If you want to, you could try PowerDVD. Pretty sure that one upscales to fullscreen 1080p while keeping the aspect ratio as it is.

No, a misunderstanding.

I don't want to upscale my content, the picture looks terrible.

Yeah, my dvds are pretty old. They're Japanese cartoons from the 90s.

Unless there is a program that can auto-detect the aspect ratio, I think I'll stick with VLC or Media Player Classic.

That's your right naturally. If you do get around that ISP issue, do come back and tell us if you went with AnyDVD or not ;)

Back