• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Weathering with you uhd

joeypong

Hong Kong version disc cannot use anydvd

Attachments

• 20230424_073437.JPG
    20230424_073437.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 9
You have to provide more detail than that and a log file is also needed.

I estimate that your disc isn't supported yet. Then use the scanner from this thread.

No one is going to click on that out of general principal. Just upload it to the forum it allows you to attach log files.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_I_Weathering with You.ziplog
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
The US version is region locked, wouldn't doubt if the HK one is too.

There is no region lock on UHD.

There are several UHD discs with region lock. Weathering With You is one of them, Greenland (German?), Deathwish (Finland), Planet of the Vampires. I think the list is around 10 titles now.

I just double checked, the list grew.

I'm not even sure how that works as region coding wasn't even in the UHD spec from what I understand. There's no Region A, B, C like there was on blu-ray.

I'm not even sure how that works as region coding wasn't even in the UHD spec from what I understand. There's no Region A, B, C like there was on blu-ray.

I think they somehow enforce it with the java scripts, at least that's what I understand when Shout released Weathering in the US.

I think they somehow enforce it with the java scripts, at least that's what I understand when Shout released Weathering in the US.

That would make sense if the UHD player was able to tell the script what region it's playing in....but I have no idea how that works given the player doesn't have any region coding at all. They just love wasting money on stupid nonsense like this. Maybe if they put money into making better quality discs instead....

That would make sense if the UHD player was able to tell the script what region it's playing in....but I have no idea how that works given the player doesn't have any region coding at all.
As UHD players usually play regular BDs as well, I assume they just read the player region register and hope for the best. If the player throws an exception, they assume region match. Or they haven't thought of that and the code on the disc crashes. Who knows. It may indeed work with most players using the BD region.

As UHD players usually play regular BDs as well, I assume they just read the player region register and hope for the best. If the player throws an exception, they assume region match. Or they haven't thought of that and the code on the disc crashes. Who knows. It may indeed work with most players using the BD region.

Jesus....remember HD DVD when we had a set spec that didn't change on the fly at the whim of morons? SMFH.

There are reports coming in that Shout Factory's release of The People Under the Stairs 4K release is also region locked via some manner. I'm assuming it's via the same method as Weathering with You, but I don't have my copy yet.

It was talked about in this thread a few years ago.

At the moment AnyDVD will not even try to remove a region lock with UHD. I feel uncomfortable to just turn on the BD region processing with UHD.

There are reports coming in that Shout Factory's release of The People Under the Stairs 4K release is also region locked via some manner. I'm assuming it's via the same method as Weathering with You, but I don't have my copy yet.

It was talked about in this thread a few years ago.

Yup...
And @James, the java is typically not needed for the video right?

Back