• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AACS 2.1

bipolarbear

sorry quick question. my UHD drive died and i need a new one. i'm being told anydvd doesn't support aacs 2.1 and i should get a drive with a makemkv specific bios instead, but which probably won't work with anydvd. is this correct? i've got a lifetime anydvd license, i've never really had a problem with it and i'd rather carry on using it.

I read something about a sleep bug which the friendly drives have the the official ones don't, but the official ones only work with makemkv. but i don't really care about the speed as long as it works, and i would rather have the cross-compatibility.

Hi, quick follow-up question - I got a new Asus BW-16D1HT and patched it to 3.10MK as per the instructions above. Ripped a disc to test and it all seems fine. AnyDVD is reporting the drive region as 0 (not set), as did my previous drive. But I see a lot of drives reporting as having all regions 1-8. Should I do this, is it better than leaving it unset, and if so how do i go about it?

To set the drive region you have to exit AnyDVD and open Device manager. Go to DVD / CD drive and set your region (1= NA, 2=Europe) according to your country. It is essential for decrypting DVDs. For BDs and UHDs it doesn't matter. For DVDs AnyDVD sometimes fails to decrypt the discs if not set. Don't worry. If AnyDVD is running you can also play dics from other regions. So don't hesitate to set it.

How do I set it to all 8 regions though? in device manager i only get a list of countries to choose, i don't think it will let me select multiple.

All UHD discs are region free, the spec. has no provisions for region partitioning.

Code:
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00029369

There are four UHD releases that are region "locked":

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=334606

Quite likely just a manufacturing cock up where they took a BD compliant BD-J and copied it across to the UHD making the latter non-compliant with the spec; not the first time copy-and-paste cock ups happened on the disc production line and it won't be the last time, it's just they are more transparent on the BD side...

Quite likely just a manufacturing cock up where they took a BD compliant BD-J and copied it across to the UHD making the latter non-compliant with the spec; not the first time copy-and-paste cock ups happened on the disc production line and it won't be the last time, it's just they are more transparent on the BD side...

They did use code, but it's believed it was intentional. Here's is a snippet of the BD-J jar start.properties files:

disc.regions=a
disc.regions.rental=a
disc.episode.count=-1
disc.episode.commentary=-1
disc.parental=-1
disc.is_uhd=false
disc.title.region_error=11
disc.title.feature=5
disc.title.vam=6
disc.title.top_menu_disabled=7
disc.title.top_menu_enabled=8

Code:
disc.is_uhd=false

is a glaring indicator that some inept moron just copied and pasted instead of thinking what they were doing...

Code:
disc.is_uhd=false

is a glaring indicator that some inept moron just copied and pasted instead of thinking what they were doing...

Regardless of your opinion, these discs do behave in a region-locked way.

Yes he's saying the same thing. Just that they aren't supposed to be because the uhd standard didn't include region coding.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

That's his point. UHD discs don't have regions by the standard. Those discs are non-standard compliant and one reason of is is the "out of spec" java code that sais those UHD discs arent really UHD with that flag, while in reality they are

Back