VRO

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by dbminter, Sep 16, 2020.

1. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

For about a decade, Panasonic made DVD video recorders, from 2002 to about 2012. They allowed for random access editing on DVD-RAM via the .VRO format.

My question is, will AnyDVD running cause a DVD-RAM recorded as a .VRO in one of these recorders to be read improperly if you're copying the .VRO files to HDD from a PC optical disc drive?

My guess is there wouldn't be a conflict because these DVD's aren't in the DVD Video standard, which I would guess AnyDVD would be looking for for DVD. I know AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to Verify discs correctly if you have a DVD Video image you're trying to burn. As I said, though, I don't think it would cause a conflict in the case of .VRO's, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Probably not, but you can post a logfile to be sure. I assume it will treat such a disc as a data disc and disable itself.

3. dbminter

Here's the relevant information:

Summary for drive R: (AnyDVD HD 8.4.9.2, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
    HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.02
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
    Current profile: DVD-RAM
    Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-ram (version 6), Layers: 1
    Total size: 2236704 sectors (4368 MBytes)

Log attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

As I suspected, AnyDVD leaves the disc alone.

5. dbminter

Which was my theory, too, as the .VRO recorded discs aren't in the DVD Video standard. No VIDEO_TS folder. I think it uses something like something called RATV.