• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VRO

dbminter

For about a decade, Panasonic made DVD video recorders, from 2002 to about 2012. They allowed for random access editing on DVD-RAM via the .VRO format.

My question is, will AnyDVD running cause a DVD-RAM recorded as a .VRO in one of these recorders to be read improperly if you're copying the .VRO files to HDD from a PC optical disc drive?

My guess is there wouldn't be a conflict because these DVD's aren't in the DVD Video standard, which I would guess AnyDVD would be looking for for DVD. I know AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to Verify discs correctly if you have a DVD Video image you're trying to burn. As I said, though, I don't think it would cause a conflict in the case of .VRO's, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

My question is, will AnyDVD running cause a DVD-RAM recorded as a .VRO in one of these recorders to be read improperly if you're copying the .VRO files to HDD from a PC optical disc drive?
Probably not, but you can post a logfile to be sure. I assume it will treat such a disc as a data disc and disable itself.

Here's the relevant information:

Summary for drive R: (AnyDVD HD 8.4.9.2, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-RAM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-ram (version 6), Layers: 1
Total size: 2236704 sectors (4368 MBytes)

Log attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.2_Info_R_MEI_UDF.ziplog
    30.2 KB · Views: 2
As I suspected, AnyDVD leaves the disc alone.

Which was my theory, too, as the .VRO recorded discs aren't in the DVD Video standard. No VIDEO_TS folder. I think it uses something like something called RATV.

Back