• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VobBlanker 2.1.3.0 RC1

The wierd thing is I used this a few times well the final version to process a dvd and was running anydvd with it without an issue?

The wierd thing is I used this a few times well the final version to process a dvd and was running anydvd with it without an issue?

When you say "final version" what VERSION are you referring to...exactly?

I think it was the final before all the betas and RC's came about? I have reformated since then and don't remember the version.

Right, so, the topic of this thread is VobBlanker 2.1.3.0 RC1 and the change list I posted are the new features added to this particular version.

Well that's weird. I am running it right now without anydvd and there is no other stuff on my machine and it is ripping Thr3e as I speak, so why would one need a decrypter then?

VobBlanker is not a decrypter. It can't decrypt DVD's at all, so, um, that makes no sense at all.

Maybe a flaw in the coding of the program? Yes I do agree that it is weird though but thought I would share the findings so far, and yes it is still going too. I'll post the log here when it is done. :D

Last edited:
VOBBlanker

Certainly quite a few people do I'm sure. As long as you remember it's a beta and it does contain some bugs. But, it really depends on what you want to use it for. I like it for blanking titles that CloneDVD can't touch, for instance. In that instance, there's no reason I can't rip with CloneDVD to remove the majority of the crap, and then use VobBlanker on that to remove the rest before I compress. It's all about using the right tool for the job. Hence I want my toolbox full. :)

The nice thing about VOBBlanker is that it can get at and eradicate screens and titles buried in menus and vts files that:
a. DVDShrink cannot get at unless you are willing to go into re-author mode and scrub them via "start and end frames", forcing you to sacrifice menus
b. CloneDVD2 cannot get at if it is something that is part of a title you want part of, but want to blow away part of, since CloneDVD2 can't get at individual frames for deleting purposes.

DVDShrink is the answer 99% of the time - unless I want to preserve menus in re-author mode - the only real strength CloneDVD2 offers over DVDShrink (along with simplicity for those folks who do not want to invest the time to become familiar with the power of DVDShrink)!

The nice thing about VOBBlanker is that it can get at and eradicate screens and titles buried in menus and vts files that:
a. DVDShrink cannot get at unless you are willing to go into re-author mode and scrub them via "start and end frames", forcing you to sacrifice menus
b. CloneDVD2 cannot get at if it is something that is part of a title you want part of, but want to blow away part of, since CloneDVD2 can't get at individual frames for deleting purposes.

DVDShrink is the answer 99% of the time - unless I want to preserve menus in re-author mode - the only real strength CloneDVD2 offers over DVDShrink (along with simplicity for those folks who do not want to invest the time to become familiar with the power of DVDShrink)!

Exactly. VobBlanker is great for those embedded annoyances. And it's useful for DVD Shrink, too, when you want to keep the menus...blank out the crap you don't want, then compress the whole thing with Shrink...good to go. I really like VobBlanker quite a bit.

Here is the AnyDVD log and vobblanker log and it is now on my hdd, I had AnyDVD disabled and tried with clonedvd2 and it said the dvd is copy protected as well. There were too many characters in the post so I added it as an attachment.

Attachments

• VobBlanker_log.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 8
Version 2.1.3.0 RC1. Starting new process:

=========== STARTING VTS_01 ====================
VTS 01: Opening IFO
VTS 01: Processing VOB (Menus)
--------------MENU VOB PREPARING PHASE-
VTS 01: Keeping Menu LU 01, PGC 01
--------------MENU VOB WRITING PHASE STARTED-
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/01 --> 01/01
Input error: Reached end of VOB too early

PostCommands changed into Precommands in 0 PGCs of a total of 0

Finished with ERROR. Process Aborted and not completed

-------

As you can see, it no workie for me on one of my discs with AnyDVD disabled.

Version 2.1.3.0 RC1. Starting new process:

=========== STARTING VTS_01 ====================
VTS 01: Opening IFO
VTS 01: Processing VOB (Menus)
--------------MENU VOB PREPARING PHASE-
VTS 01: Keeping Menu LU 01, PGC 01
--------------MENU VOB WRITING PHASE STARTED-
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/01 --> 01/01
Input error: Reached end of VOB too early

PostCommands changed into Precommands in 0 PGCs of a total of 0

Finished with ERROR. Process Aborted and not completed

-------

As you can see, it no workie for me on one of my discs with AnyDVD disabled.

Shut it all the way down that's what I had to do.

night at the musem and Deja Vu failed with the same message. I will try it another way a post back for you.

anytime. I knew there had to be a reason I was able to do it. I even tried the generic machinist runnig and it wouldn't work either.

I noticed with version 2120 that after blanking, I frequently got a dvd file that wouldn't open - the region code thing got screwed up. I was using it with Dvd43. Didn't have this problem with earlier version of Vobblanker...though it looks like it won't be a "problem" with the new version since you'll have to use other ware to rip a retail dvd first. Btw, is there a place to download other versions of Vobblanker than this latest disabling one?

Back