• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VobBlanker 2.1.3.0 RC1

I noticed with version 2120 that after blanking, I frequently got a dvd file that wouldn't open - the region code thing got screwed up. I was using it with Dvd43. Didn't have this problem with earlier version of Vobblanker...though it looks like it won't be a "problem" with the new version since you'll have to use other ware to rip a retail dvd first. Btw, is there a place to download other versions of Vobblanker than this latest disabling one?

I suggest that your Give AnyDVD a run as your Decrypter
DVD43 just wont cut it - on it's own
You need AnyDVD's Up-to-Date 'error correction/Magic"

With AnyDVD
You can just drag and drop the VIDEO_TS Folder
- from your Source Drive
- to a Folder on your HDD
When WindowsExplorer is Finished Ripping the Disc to the HDD ( 10 mins +/- )
> Exit AnyDVD
Then ; Use this resulting Folder - as the Source for VobBlanker 2.1.3.0/RC1

All Previous VobBlanker Beta Downloads have been removed
( that came up in a search )

..... maybe someone could email you - beta8 or beta10

;)

Last edited:
VobBlanker 2.1.3.0 RC2

Changelog (versus RC1)

* Added: Refuses to run also if DVDRegionFree is detected
* Change: Defaults: Do not use overlay defaults to true, and NextPGC and PrevPGC pointers modification defaults to false
* BugFix: Info window in preview was broken since beta 9

*sigh*

It's unfortunate that authors need to be scared about the excellent freeware programs they create that aren't even decrypters. :(

:agree: It is indeed. But, do you blame them?

And considering Shrink users now have a free way of ripping the latest protections, VobBlanker's....services...are no longer required. :D At least not for that, anyway. VobBlanker will ALWAYS have a place in my toolbox as it's an amazing program and very well written.

VobBlanker 2.1.3.0 RC2

Changelog (versus RC1)

This is so wrong. Although I can somehow understand jsoto's fear of the evil forces(tm), blacklisting other applications is the wrong approach (and IMHO from a legal aspect not necessary at all). It is not his responsibility if a user has AnyDVD installed. Otherwise the "copy" command from the MS-DOS prompt would be evil. Or Windows Explorer.
What if all applications start to blacklist AnyDVD & Co. because the evil forces(tm) said "boo"? ZoomPlayer? PowerDVD? WinDVD? CloneDVD? 1-click? The operating system itself?
We would need to add nasty methods to stay undetected (as Daemon Tools do it now) and everyone would be back at square one.

Not after fixvts . . .

This is pure speculation, but I have the feeling the *functionality* of FixVTS or MenuShrink was *not* the reason for the takedown.

This is so wrong. Although I can somehow understand jsoto's fear of the evil forces(tm), blacklisting other applications is the wrong approach (and IMHO from a legal aspect not necessary at all). It is not his responsibility if a user has AnyDVD installed. Otherwise the "copy" command from the MS-DOS prompt would be evil. Or Windows Explorer.
What if all applications start to blacklist AnyDVD & Co. because the evil forces(tm) said "boo"? ZoomPlayer? PowerDVD? WinDVD? CloneDVD? 1-click? The operating system itself?
We would need to add nasty methods to stay undetected (as Daemon Tools do it now) and everyone would be back at square one.

I agree. I don't think he personally cares if it's used with AnyDVD, but, given the current climate out there, he's not taking any chances. And who could blame him? But yes, it definitely sucks that he had to do that. It's not the start of a good trend at all.

This is pure speculation, but I have the feeling the *functionality* of FixVTS or MenuShrink was *not* the reason for the takedown.

If you want speculation then I believe it's because they were associated with R4M...

If you want speculation then I believe it's because they were associated with R4M...

You could be right - but - Menushrink had nothing to do with RipIt4Me?
And even FixVTS was no longer linked by RipIt4Me either towards the later releases.
But - there appears to have been some sort of association there that gave a gaggle of entertainment industry lawyers the excuse to attack jeanl.

You could be right - but - Menushrink had nothing to do with RipIt4Me?
And even FixVTS was no longer linked by RipIt4Me either towards the later releases.
But - there appears to have been some sort of association there that gave a gaggle of entertainment industry lawyers the excuse to attack jeanl.

When I say associated, I mean perception wise as well as possibly included. Their initial target was R4M. Then they took out the supporting products, as well. MenuShrink was more of a stretch for them, but, FixVTS was integral to the R4M process. So, even if they aren't necessarily tied to one another, the perception was that FixVTS "belonged" to R4M in a way...

Wild speculation mode:

As the evil forces(tm) seemed to have succeeded in tracking down the maker(s) of RI4M (I have no clue who created it) ... maybe jeanl participated in the RI4M development (or worked closely with the RI4M makers, or helped, or maybe he is the only author of RI4M), so they got him "by the balls" and can demand anything?
Maybe he had to sign to "never do anything copy-related again, otherwise your balls are off" and decided to obey?

FixVTS and MenuShrink (or VOBBlanker) cannot be "attacked" for DMCA (or EUCD) reasons. No way. But more important, there is no benefit for the evil forces(tm) to go after these programs at all.

DVDDecrypter and RI4M are the interesting targets, and there are laws the evil forces(tm) can use: DMCA & EUCD, and for DVDDecrypter copyright infringement. Remember - MacroVision now owns the rights on DVDDecrypter. Maybe they even have a trademark for it. I believe FixVTS and MenuShrink dying is just collateral damage.

(a little more back on topic):
Maybe jsoto is a (or the) RI4M developer and had to sign such a paper, so he must blacklist all on the fly decrypters?
I hope he is, otherwise the "blacklisting" is IMHO not really reasonable.
To say "oh my god, jeanl was forced to remove FixVTS, now I must blacklist AnyDVD" without knowing the background story is foolish. (Maybe he knows more than I do and it isn't foolish at all...)
Anyway, it is his choice. I don't have to understand his reasons, do I?

Well, fixvts wasn't just associated with R4M. Old Fixvts code was also associated, at that time, with Anydvd ripper.
Then R4M gets yanked, and FixVTS is targeted shortly thereafter. Then SamuraiHL feels obliged :)D /duck I'm kidding, SamuriHL) to go on the Doom9 forums and announce that VobBlanker can rip with Anydvd running in the background, which probably freaked out jsoto . . .

Last edited:
And then SamuraiHL just has to go on the Doom9 forums and announce that VobBlanker can rip with Anydvd running in the background . . .
:D /duck (I'm kidding, SamuriHL)
"Oops"?? :D LOL

Then SamuraiHL feels obliged :)D /duck I'm kidding, SamuriHL) to go on the Doom9 forums and announce that VobBlanker can rip with Anydvd running in the background, which probably freaked out jsoto . . .

ok - let's go back over there and declare loudly that Windows Explorer is a ripper with AnyDVD running in the background.
No - wait - let's not - Microsoft would probably blacklist AnyDVD also in deference to the money of the entertainment industry.
But then James would have a good reason to start the cat&mouse game of "will the real AnyDVD driver running in the background please stand up and be identified"?

ok - let's go back over there and declare loudly that Windows Explorer is a ripper with AnyDVD running in the background.
No - wait - let's not - Microsoft would probably blacklist AnyDVD also in deference to the money of the entertainment industry.
But then James would have a good reason to start the cat&mouse game of "will the real AnyDVD driver running in the background please stand up and be identified"?

No, he wouldn't have "good reason"...he'd have a "crappy, ridiculous, stupid reason." :) Let's hope we never get to that point. "I'm seriously."

Back