• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual Drive Letter

mdubin

Hi:

I just downloaded Virtual CloneDrive after reading many raves about it on the web.

But it seemed to automatically assign the next available drive letter E:. But this is the Drive Letter I use for my external DVD burner when it is connected.

I also use Drive letters F: and G: for my external USB hard drives (when they are connected).

My question: Is there a way to tell Virtual CloneDrive which drive letter I want it to assign?

Thanks for your help.

go into disk management and assign it in there like you would with any other drive

Do as Adbear stated. Use Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management.

Hi:

I just downloaded Virtual CloneDrive after reading many raves about it on the web.

But it seemed to automatically assign the next available drive letter E:.
Sure. That's a "Windows thing". It behaves as if you connect a real, physical drive (for Windows VCD looks & feels like one).

But this is the Drive Letter I use for my external DVD burner when it is connected.

I also use Drive letters F: and G: for my external USB hard drives (when they are connected).

My question: Is there a way to tell Virtual CloneDrive which drive letter I want it to assign?

Sure. You do the same as you would for a real, physical drive (Computer->Manage->Disk Management)

Thanks everyone.

I did not realize that I could use Disk Management with a Virtual Drive. I just went in and changed the virtual drive letter to "V". I only am working with one virtual drive at this time.

Excellent software.

Back