• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.9 beta

I did what you said and noticed nothing strange about the vcddaemon process. I end processed it and opened the vcdprefs.exe or whatever and it reopened vcddaemon for me but no changes were observed. One thing that is different ... the initial instance of vcddaemon is running with /s commandline parameter. The one that appears after end processing vcddaemon and opening vcdprefs does not have /s as a cmdline parameter.

The beta works like a charm on my 2 systems and the reason I am posting is only to say thanks for making the tray icon selectable.

Since VCD works like a charm without any user disturbances ( like all good software should ) I do not need to manage it and thereby the tray icon is redundant for me.

Once again thanks for a great piece of software!

I did what you said and noticed nothing strange about the vcddaemon process. I end processed it and opened the vcdprefs.exe or whatever and it reopened vcddaemon for me but no changes were observed. One thing that is different ... the initial instance of vcddaemon is running with /s commandline parameter. The one that appears after end processing vcddaemon and opening vcdprefs does not have /s as a cmdline parameter.

Just did a test install on Windows 2008 32bit - works fine... :confused:
It must be something specific to your setup....

Spectific to my setup sounds right ... and I guess that makes it more difficult to figure out at this point. I think without some debugging on my system itself (which isn't going to happen unless you move to NJ, USA) we have hit a dead end with this problem. I want to thank you for making an extraordinary attempt to solve my problem, and I'll continue to use it with that other guys tray icon program to make the drives mountable in the absence of the features my PC isn't working with.

Spectific to my setup sounds right ... and I guess that makes it more difficult to figure out at this point. I think without some debugging on my system itself (which isn't going to happen unless you move to NJ, USA) we have hit a dead end with this problem. I want to thank you for making an extraordinary attempt to solve my problem, and I'll continue to use it with that other guys tray icon program to make the drives mountable in the absence of the features my PC isn't working with.

update: I was at work brainstorming and I have another idea to fix this. It seems that my problems are all a lack of context menus appearing. Perhaps the context menus are OK, but the method of installing them to my machine is failing because of some weirdness of my setup. To diagnos where the failure is occuring I think back to when I was trying to add context menus like yours... I had to write a DLL which acted as a context menu explorer extension plugin, and was installed into explorer by use of registry settings and a GUID. If you are using a similar approach, perhaps I can verify the location of that DLL (you can tell me what dll to look for) and the location and existence of all necessary registry settings such telling me the name of the GUID. I guess I can use an installer monitor to watch it install on windows 7 and see where it changes the system, and then try manually checking for each of those changes on my system. Maybe I will try this if I get time today.

Last edited:
update: I was at work brainstorming and I have another idea to fix this. It seems that my problems are all a lack of context menus appearing. Perhaps the context menus are OK, but the method of installing them to my machine is failing because of some weirdness of my setup.
Unlikely, 'cause VCDDriveMAsk beeing 0 suggests otherwise.
Try to set it to 0xFFFFFFFF. I assume the drive/file context menus will appear (in case of the file menu a lot of drives, A-Z, it is a bit mask with one bit per drive letter)

Back