• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.9 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Please try this version:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5429.exe

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.9: 2009 05 18
- New: Added tray icon
- New: Added HD-DVD emulation (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)
- New: Added option to purge history of recently mounted images
- New: Added /p command switch to VCDMount.exe to purge history
- Fix: Mounting failed, if .dvd or .ccd file names contained unicode characters
- Fix: Virtual Sheep on Windows XP64
- Fix: Problems mounting files with some language settings
- Some minor changes and improvements

Can you please show the path to currently mounted image somewhere in drive's right-click menu as well as in the new tray icon's menu (which, I think, is the same as one displayed on right-click). Thanks!

- New: Added tray icon

Thanks for that. Really appreciated. But I think that the icon in the tray could be of better image quality. ;)
Can you please just copy the features from the Daemon Tools Systray Menu? :D

And thanks for changing the label of the Purge history thing.

Last edited:
Buffered IO

What are the advantages/disadvantages of setting Buffered I/O, please (unchecked by default).

Just for good grammar, it should read Purge images that no longer exist from History....

Last edited:
What are the advantages/disadvantages of setting Buffered I/O, please (unchecked by default).

Buffered I/O = use filesystem buffers when reading the image file.
I suggest leaving it off.

Can you please just copy the features from the Daemon Tools Systray Menu? :D

If you want the functionality of Daemon Tools, I suggest you use Daemon Tools.

Can you please show the path to currently mounted image somewhere in drive's right-click menu as well as in the new tray icon's menu (which, I think, is the same as one displayed on right-click). Thanks!
Good idea.

I like the tray icon. I look forward to when it does more than just open the regular options dialogue. I also want to offer a compatibility reports: I still don't get context menus for VCD when rightclicking drive icons in My Computer. This only fails to happen on Windows 2008 for me. I use Windows XP, 2008 and Windows 7 everyday and it works fine on XP and 7

I like the tray icon. I look forward to when it does more than just open the regular options dialogue.
It already does more... :confused:
You can mount / unmount images, and more.

I also want to offer a compatibility reports: I still don't get context menus for VCD when rightclicking drive icons in My Computer. This only fails to happen on Windows 2008 for me. I use Windows XP, 2008 and Windows 7 everyday and it works fine on XP and 7
I have no idea why it doesn't work under 2008. This is basically Vista Server, right?

It already does more... :confused:
You can mount / unmount images, and more.
--------------------------------------------
How interesting ... as of the beta I don't see any of that on the tray icons menu .... perhaps it's missing because I"m on the windows 2008 machine.

I have no idea why it doesn't work under 2008. This is basically Vista Server, right?
--------------------------------------------
Yes, it is basically Vista server... with a year of tiny updates. I don't see why it should be failing on 2008 either. For a free software like this, it might not be worth it to fix for an OS that < 3% of home users are probably using. On a sad note, most companies take that approach which makes sense for them but isn't nice for me :eek:) I kind of wish I could mail you a 2008 CD to goof around with, but I only have once license. If you did want to try it out on 2008 there is a year long trial available here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/trial-software.aspx but that's far beyond what I would expect from a free app developer. Then again, with a year long trial it's almost as good as buying it since most people reinstall their OS about that often due to accidentally clicking yes on an activeX adult photos.

I would run 2008 on vmware player, and use an online wizard to make a virtual machine to host it. This method can let you test on every modern windows version just by having that many virtual machines .... which is overkill to 99.99% of freeware app developers ;-)

32-bit (more text added to this post so the forum will allow me to press submit)

I like the tray icon. I look forward to when it does more than just open the regular options dialogue. I also want to offer a compatibility reports: I still don't get context menus for VCD when rightclicking drive icons in My Computer. This only fails to happen on Windows 2008 for me. I use Windows XP, 2008 and Windows 7 everyday and it works fine on XP and 7

You have drive letters assigned to the virtual drives?

Assuming you have a drive V:\, does this work from a command prompt:

start VCDMount /l=V /b

(try to mount an image)

or

start VCDMount /l=V image.iso

If it doesn't work, does

start VCDMount /d=0 image.iso

start VCDMount /d=1 image.iso

work?

32-bit (more text added to this post so the forum will allow me to press submit)

What drive letters are assigned to VCD?
Does the "Virtual Sheep" option work?
What is the value of

HKCU\Software\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDDriveMask

?

start VCDMount /l=V /b
Works

start VCDMount /l=D C:\Medialib\7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso
WORKS

C:\Windows\system32>start VCDMount /d=0 C:\Medialib\7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso
Works ... and the same results for /d=1

My tray icon app was coded to use the /d=* actually (as crappy as it was).

start VCDMount /l=V /b
Works

start VCDMount /l=D C:\Medialib\7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso
WORKS

C:\Windows\system32>start VCDMount /d=0 C:\Medialib\7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso
Works ... and the same results for /d=1

My tray icon app was coded to use the /d=* actually (as crappy as it was).

What is the value of

?

D and G (F is some other virtual drive driver from the past, that was part of an uninstalled software and never made it out with the uninstall... I doubt this is causing a problem because I didn't have it there last week and I did have this windows 2008 issue last week with my first post.

No. It has worked on other OSes but not 2008 on this PC

What is the value of

Attachments

• hkcu_elaborate_bytes.zip
    532 bytes · Views: 1
D and G (F is some other virtual drive driver from the past, that was part of an uninstalled software and never made it out with the uninstall... I doubt this is causing a problem because I didn't have it there last week and I did have this windows 2008 issue last week with my first post.

No. It has worked on other OSes but not 2008 on this PC

What is the value of

Weird. Try this:
After the system is up and running, kill VCDDaemon.exe with task manager.
Take note of everything weird. (VCDDaemon.exe running in the wrong user account?)
Now start VCD Settings (icon on the desktop). Click ok.

Check HKCU\Software\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDDriveMask
Different value now? If yes, does the shell extension / sheep / tray icon work now?

Back