video_RM folder

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by slayer0969, Apr 8, 2008.

1. slayer0969

slayer0969 Well-Known Member

I recently recorded a movie (from television) with my Philips standalone DVD recorder.
    On the PC the DVD-5 (+R) has a video_RM and video_TS folder and plays normal with PowerDVD.
    I wanted to copy (backup) it with CloneDVD but i got an error someting like "invalid dvd structure".
    Any suggestions about copying this disk?
    Hail Slysoft !

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Slysoft products do not officially support discs produced by dvd recorders as they do not use the dvd-video format.
    Anydvd and Clonedvd support commercial dvd movies.

That said, try updating to Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 and disable Anydvd when using those discs.

3. slayer0969

Did that with 2916beta. Same thing !
    any 3th party tips?
    thanks

4. Webslinger

Okay, try this: click red fox icon-->navigate to "video dvd"-->"settings"-->"Always enabled (not recommended)"

You will able to use Clonecd, if you want (that's a 1:1 sector copier).

5. odd_function

odd_function Guest

Can you please provide the model number of the Philips DVD Recorder that your using?

To see if I can duplicate your error...

It could be that Philips is at it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  6. slayer0969

It works on 2 other DVD's with AnyDVD 6407 (AI automatic) and CloneDVD 2916.
    CloneCD 5310 with AnyDVD (AI automatic) also worked on the 2 new DVD's.
    Thanks Webslinger !
    Perhaps it was a bad burn or a multisession DVD or a not-finalised disk or ...???
    I'll ask my father-in-law for his details of that dvd (+ recorder) odd-function so I'll be back!

7. Webslinger

Alright, so just for the A.I. scanner on when using discs recorded by dvd recorders. Otherwise, keep the A.I. scanner at default.

8. slayer0969

to odd_function : Philips DVD R 3305
    greetingzzz