• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Video / Audio quality: Set it and forget it!!

Making the highest quality available the default (and allowing a quality selection choice for those who don’t want the highest quality as not everyone always wants the highest quality) makes excellent sense.

I beg you ...!
Read the entire thread from the beginning, then you know that not everyone always wants the highest quality.
Personally, I do not need the highest quality video in the world, it takes up way too much Hard drive space and 720P is plenty good enough, I do not think it should be the default setting, that said, it's only my personal opinion.

Personally, I do not need the highest quality video in the world, it takes up way too much Hard drive space and 720P is plenty good enough, I do not think it should be the default setting, that said, it's only my personal opinion.
Would perhaps the ability to set one's own defaults make more sense? You know, to each his own?

Thats the way it is now, it remembers your last settings and applies them.

Well, I hate to correct you, but right now AS is not

For example Bonanza.....A very old show (so not even close to HD), however also not as crappy as the stream AS picks.
AS defaults the download to 576x432 while a "high resolution" of 640x480 is available when you check the available downloads.
It seems AS remembers the setting AFTER the download for each show, but sometimes picks "random" resolutions for the initial download if its under 1080 .
Trying Knight Rider, same thing....first attempt the crappier resolution preselected.

Note: Any show/movie available in 1080, AS correctly picks the 1080 stream

Well, I hate to correct you, but right now AS is not

For example Bonanza.....A very old show (so not even close to HD), however also not as crappy as the stream AS picks.
AS defaults the download to 576x432 while a "high resolution" of 640x480 is available when you check the available downloads.
It seems AS remembers the setting AFTER the download for each show, but sometimes picks "random" resolutions for the initial download if its under 1080 .
Trying Knight Rider, same thing....first attempt the crappier resolution preselected.

Note: Any show/movie available in 1080, AS correctly picks the 1080 stream
Yes I realize it's not doing it now , but it will so I apologize for bringing it up, you are right. Over and out.

Well, the queue is actually kinda worthless for shows with lower resolution now - Just burned through all my Tokens to download the first few seasons of The little House on the Prairie :banghead:

In short, I set download to "highest" available resolution (768x576) and after the queue had finished (aka ran out of tokens) I realized that there was a huge size difference between the first Episode and the rest.
Checking the codecs, only the first Episode was downloaded in 768x576 and for all consecutive Episodes AS decided to grab 448*336 which is only slightly better than the old Motorola Razr phone used to record videos.

I understand there are more pressing issues right now, so I will just give AS a break until those issues are fixed before wasting more time and tokes on downloads I have to redo anyway.

Back