• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Version 6.3.0.6 and Shoot'em up region 1

UPDATE: OK, I can confirm that a DVDFab Clone Mode does indeed work for this title, but retains the structure protection remnants (like showing 11+ GB of files in VIDEO_TS), as I imagine AnyDVD/CloneCD would in making an image. However I am sure that my DVDFab full disc mode rip is NOT identical to my AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 rip - the sound tracks for the "filmed version" anamatic titles work fine with the AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 rip, but are totally missing on the DVDFab full disc rip. So my experience shows that to get a complete copy that is clean of all structure protection remnants, the only current solution is AnyDVD 6.3.0.1

OK Fordman - I hadn't looked at the burned DVD from Clone mode of DVDFab, but you are correct - structural problem remnants still exist (and since I have 2 DVD drives, I did it direct - though not "on the fly" as it was a 2 task job). However, the Full Disk rip from DVDFab IS identical (at least sizewise) to the rip from AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 and not identical to that ripped from AnyDVD 6.3.0.6. Now, we still have some differences - as I have no problems with Spanish subtitles - they are still there if I want them, and I have audio on the animatic film versions on both rips. Last, you mentioned that you had only 11 ipotential bad sectors on your ANYDVD 6.3.0.1 rip where I had 12.

I checked these rips in both VLC and Media Player Classic. I have yet to burn these rips as the Clone from DVDFab does the trick for a backup.

Just to be accurate in methodology - I DID NOT use Clone DVD2 for the rip - I simply used the Rip to hard drive feature in ANYDVD (but they should be the same if you select all the title sets, I think ...).

A lot of work for this title, to be sure.

fordman

dude2063, if I deciphered correctly what you wrote, you are claiming that 6.3.0.6 worked fine on "Shoot 'Em Up" for you? You say it copied fine. If your measure of success is that it successfully finished the rip without errors, then all the versions copied fine for me also. However, have you tried each and every special feature and trailer? You indicate that a trailer plays 8 times in a row, which didn't happen to me. I've gone through each and every special feature on the rip that I made with 6.3.0.1 with AI set to thorough, and all are working as good as the original, with the possible exception of the Spanish subtitles, but I need to burn that to be sure - might be an issue with PowerDVD running it from the hard drive.

Anyway, please verify that all your features work as intended with your rip. That would be valuable information.

My previous attempts were with CDVD2(2.9.1.2) and ADVD6.3.0.3 optical drive to optical drive. No go with any and all settings. So I tried to the hard drive and was successful (movie only) AI on deep scan. I decided to try ADVD6.3.0.6. Rebooted after the update and tried again, AI on deep scan. Upon removing titles I didn't want on the backup I did notice that all the titles that had no times (all zeros) did have a picture with the update and not with 6.3.0.3. Hmm? looks like protection of some sort and not a bad disc to me. But who am I to say? I'm not the pro here! Just an observation and my own opinion!!! Ok, so I continued with removing some of the titles and thought wow the #23 is on here quite a bit maybe I should remove some of them. I decided not to and continued. Success. I watched the movie shortly after. The title menu worked fine after ffwding through all the previews (#23), watched the movie and that was it. To me it was success. I don't bother (usually) with the special features w/director comm. and or making of the movies. Deleted scenes, bloopers, different endings I sometimes do.
If you need more info or want more tests I'd be more than happy. Just give me directions.

I believe this is a new protection method and not filed within the CSS protection results. I've just updated to ADVD6.3.0.6 rebooted and copied the movie just fine. You should remove #23 trailer or it will play 8 times upon entering the disc. Not a problem.
NERO shows it to be an almost 100 bad disc. And wouldn't copy unless using the 6.3.0.6 update. AI on deep scan. I didn't try the default scan.

I'll bet B U will work now without any problems. WS format that is?????

dude2063, what fordman is tryin to say is, if u have number 23 trailor playin 8 times in a row on your backup copy, then u didnt successfully back up this disc. thats the issue with this disc, and one of the special features. there r actually 8 different trailors on this disc. altho, i thought we had this issue fixed, if u used anydvd 6.3.0.3 with AI scanner on deep scan, it backs up the disc fine. plays all 8 DIFFERENT trailors and plays the special features fine on my backup. of course, i ripped the movie to hard drive first tho. then inputted it into my encoding software.

Yes I really get tired of these posts that say I backed the full disc and no problems but when saying this one really needs to watch the backup etirely before making such statements. I made this mistake a few times in the past myself this is why I respond did you watch the full backup and ensure there is no issues?

OK Fordman - I hadn't looked at the burned DVD from Clone mode of DVDFab, but you are correct - structural problem remnants still exist (and since I have 2 DVD drives, I did it direct - though not "on the fly" as it was a 2 task job). However, the Full Disk rip from DVDFab IS identical (at least sizewise) to the rip from AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 and not identical to that ripped from AnyDVD 6.3.0.6. Now, we still have some differences - as I have no problems with Spanish subtitles - they are still there if I want them, and I have audio on the animatic film versions on both rips. Last, you mentioned that you had only 11 ipotential bad sectors on your ANYDVD 6.3.0.1 rip where I had 12.

Thanks. Yes if you were using 6.3.0.1 on thorough mode and got 12 potential bad sectors, then there is indeed a difference, though perhaps there are two versions floating around out there, like with Ratatouille...

I burned the hard drive output from 6.3.0.1/throrough and the Spanish subtitle selection work fine on all my standalone players, so I fault PowerDVD not following the button instructions correctly (The ability to select it with the subtitle button in PowerDVD was never the problem - the issue was that if I selected Spanish subtitles in the setup menu and then played the film from that menu, the Spanish subtitles were not activated - they would either stay off or on English if I had already selected English.).

I didn't compare the sizes side by side for each file, but I know that the total for my AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 rip could not have been the same as that from the DVDFab (fulldisc) 4.3.0.3 rip, because it left small versions of the higher numbered bogus titlesets, while AnyDVD Ripper deleted them altogether - one reason I prefer AnyDVD.

Just to be accurate in methodology - I DID NOT use Clone DVD2 for the rip - I simply used the Rip to hard drive feature in ANYDVD (but they should be the same if you select all the title sets, I think ...).

I tried it both ways - with CloneDVD and just using the AnyDVD Ripper, and unlike Ratatouille where the CRCs of the files for both rips were identical, the two versions were not identical on Shoot 'Em Up, though I didn't compare the CRCs or compare sizes. For the CloneDVD version, all sound tracks were missing from the "filmed versions" on the animatics menu, while they were there for the AnyDVD Ripper version. The issue found on Ratatouille indicates that there are already some issues with the CloneDVD code, both in the full program and in the engine for AnyDVD Ripper, but on this title the CloneDVD program made things worse. Since the rip speeds seem about the same to me, I'll be defaulting to AnyDVD Ripper from now on, as I am always doing a complete backup anyway...

dude2063, what fordman is tryin to say is, if u have number 23 trailor playin 8 times in a row on your backup copy, then u didnt successfully back up this disc. thats the issue with this disc, and one of the special features. there r actually 8 different trailors on this disc. altho, i thought we had this issue fixed, if u used anydvd 6.3.0.3 with AI scanner on deep scan, it backs up the disc fine. plays all 8 DIFFERENT trailors and plays the special features fine on my backup. of course, i ripped the movie to hard drive first tho. then inputted it into my encoding software.

tebugg, did you play all the special features in the 6.3.0.3 rip you made? In particular, does each anamatic button on the first page of the animatics menu play a unique scene that matches the button description, and do the "filmed version" clips have audio?

No matter how I ripped it with 6.3.0.3 or 6.3.0.6 on two different computers the "anamatic version" buttons on the first animatics menu page played the same clip (carrot kill) instead of the unique clips that were supposed to play. In addition, the audio was missing from the "filmed version" clips if I used CloneDVD instead of AnyDVD Ripper.

I never saw an issue with any of the trailers, but if you have more info I'll look again, because I haven't deleted those rips yet.

Thanks.

yea the animatics is in the special fueatures section. it plays fine. also all the audio is there. the trailors with version 6.3.0.6 wont play right if u try to use that version. it just keeps playin the number 23 trailor over and over again till the trailors r done.

Thanks. Yes if you were using 6.3.0.1 on thorough mode and got 12 potential bad sectors, then there is indeed a difference, though perhaps there are two versions floating around out there, like with Ratatouille...

Fordman - sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but here is my AnyDVD Summary for the disk (note the 12 potential bad sectors):

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.1)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-E60L 1.00 07/05/15 7U02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2027088 sectors (3959 MBytes)
Total size: 3910931 sectors (7638 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SHOOT_EM_UP
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 12 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Back