• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD-mounted BD .iso files wont play in PDVD

I am having serious issues as well. If I mount a DVD, and try to play it in PowerDVD7, PowerDVD just shuts down. I just "upgraded" to a new version of PowerDVD7 tonight, perhaps that is the problem.

A seperate problem I am having is mounting iso's with a command prompt. It says it can't mount the iso. My system is really borked right now, I am considering a roll back.

A seperate problem I am having is mounting iso's with a command prompt. It says it can't mount the iso. My system is really borked right now, I am considering a roll back.

Enlighten me - what "command prompt" do you use? What parameters?

Type

start vcdmount

for help.

Example mount would be

start vcdmount /l=X filename.iso

(X beeing the drive letter)

I guess I should elaborate a little more. I in the process of setting up Mainlobby, which uses a something called a PowerDVD agent to coordinate the file mounting. I have to tell the agent where the mounting software is located. The command line it is using is VCDMount -mount 0, Filename.iso. I know this is not the syntax you help information for the exe file states, but the developer of Mainlobby seems to use VCD himself with no problems.

Just to test the command line mounting, I have tried VCDMount /l=f filename.iso (from MS-DOS) and I get the same Can't Mount error. I have tried several Blu-rays to make sure it was not the rip. We don't have to worry about the .dvd file with the current beta VCD right?

Let me add to that last post. It hit me that I might not have the most up to date version of Mainlobby's PowerDVD agent installed, hence the messed up command line (daemon tools command structure). So I just installed the latest version of the agent, and the command structure is now correct, but I am still getting the Can't Mount iso error.

The majority of my iso's are made with IMG Burn using the two main BD folders, not directly from the discs.

Does VCD have something against iso's made this way ?

No but PDVD might as it expects a proper BD file system layout to be there or it wont play the disk.

Also you mentioned Daemon Tools though not actually saying it was installed so.. DT causes issues, well actually the SPTD causes issues but DT needs it.

The command line it is using is VCDMount -mount 0, Filename.iso. I know this is not the syntax you help information for the exe file states, but the developer of Mainlobby seems to use VCD himself with no problems.
And I can tell you that this will not work.

Just to test the command line mounting, I have tried VCDMount /l=f filename.iso (from MS-DOS) and I get the same Can't Mount error. I have tried several Blu-rays to make sure it was not the rip. We don't have to worry about the .dvd file with the current beta VCD right?
No, you don't.

Well I bricked the computer in question on a BIOS update yesterday. When it rains it pours. I will let you know how VCD goes on the new installation when I get around to it this week.

It has to be an xp x64 problem, as I have a similar issue on my machine, except I get an 'Access Is Denied' error in PDVD 8 and 7.3. I couldn't find a way to fix this, and so now use magicdisc, which works perfectly for me.

And I can tell you that this will not work.

No, you don't.

I figured it out. Since my living room HTPC is out of order, I moved on to the Theater Room PC. I had the same problem where it said it could not mount the file. Turns out VCD doesn't like full network paths.

\\Fileserver\Movies\Cars\Cars.iso doesn't work
S:\Movies\Cars\Cars.iso worked fine (S: mapped to fileserver PC)

I figured it out. Since my living room HTPC is out of order, I moved on to the Theater Room PC. I had the same problem where it said it could not mount the file. Turns out VCD doesn't like full network paths.

\\Fileserver\Movies\Cars\Cars.iso doesn't work
S:\Movies\Cars\Cars.iso worked fine (S: mapped to fileserver PC)

And i can tell you that is not true. I have a cliet server setup using MyMovies and VCD is installed on the client with the ISO on the server and VCD reads it with no problems.

I can confidently say that is not your problem. I use MyMoves running on my server and on the clients and it has to use UNC paths for it to work for my setup. Here is one of the paths for a movie on my server:
\\Media-server\movies\BLADE RUNNER\BLADE_RUNNER_DIRECTORS_CUT.ISO

And it works just fine.

Back