• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD-mounted BD .iso files wont play in PDVD

Cannonfodder

I've seen this topic touched in a few other threads, however i couldnt find a solution.

When I try to play back an .iso image of a BD (the iso has been created with AnyDVD HD) with PowerDVD I get this error message:
"There is a disc with an unsupported format in $drive".

What I have:
- XP64 SP2
- UDF2.5 driver from this thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=22907
- latest AnyDVD HD
- VCD 5.4.1.3

I tried PowerDVD build 2021, as well as an old version (7.3), same error.

I can navigate the image with the windows explorer, i can even start .m2ts files with VLC (as long as they are mpeg2), however i was unable to play any .iso whatsoever, tried 10 different ones.

I also tried to re-image the previously VCD-mounted image with imageburn, mount the new one, same error.

Any hint? I'm desperate, since the new powerdvds can't play back media files from disk anymore :mad:

I've seen this topic touched in a few other threads, however i couldnt find a solution.

When I try to play back an .iso image of a BD (the iso has been created with AnyDVD HD) with PowerDVD I get this error message:
"There is a disc with an unsupported format in $drive".

What I have:
- XP64 SP2
- UDF2.5 driver from this thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=22907
- latest AnyDVD HD
- VCD 5.4.1.3

I tried PowerDVD build 2021, as well as an old version (7.3), same error.

I can navigate the image with the windows explorer, i can even start .m2ts files with VLC (as long as they are mpeg2), however i was unable to play any .iso whatsoever, tried 10 different ones.

I also tried to re-image the previously VCD-mounted image with imageburn, mount the new one, same error.

Any hint? I'm desperate, since the new powerdvds can't play back media files from disk anymore :mad:
Did you mount the .dvd file or the iso? I believe there was an issue with .dvd files created with earlier versions.

The previous versions of PDVD still work with mounted images (eg 4402 for 7.3). No reason to update them until you get an unplayable disk, it seems like the new version main function was to break iso mounting. Other users report no problems with mounting iso and new PDVD versions (eg 4617 for PDVD 7.3) with VCD (Daemon Tools does not work).

If rolling back does not work, you should uninstall PDVD and completely clean out the registry before re-installing the "older" version - or you will have traces of the "newer" version possibly still around.

You might have to re-rip original disk with latest version of anydvd HD if you used earlier version to create iso in order to use latest PDVD. Reimaging an unplayable image is not likely to work, although it worked in this thread
tmt problems

Last edited:
Did you mount the .dvd file or the iso? I believe there was an issue with .dvd files created with earlier versions.

The .iso.

No reason to update them until you get an unplayable disk,

That's why i was upgrading, the newer stuff does not seem to work with 7.3, all it does is whine about needing an update and then stop.

it seems like the new version main function was to break iso mounting.

But it seems loads of people are able to use mounted images and PDVD8?

You might have to re-rip original disk with latest version of anydvd HD if you used earlier version to create iso in order to use latest PDVD.

I was under the impression that an iso is an iso no matter what ;) and just a 1:1 representation of what was on the disc. Obviously i was wrong.

Thanks anyway.

I was under the impression that an iso is an iso no matter what ;) and just a 1:1 representation of what was on the disc. Obviously i was wrong.
This depends if you have created a protected or an unprotected .iso.
I recommend creating protected .isos.

on unprotected ISO's PDVD seems to expect there to be a full Blu-ray structure (Certificate folder, BDMV folder (including the 8 folders inside that)) I've found that when I put back in all the folders (even if they are empty) then I don't get the message

That's what came to my mind, too, because i had tried unprotected isos in the past.

However, my current testfiles are protected isos, ripped with the latest AnyDVD HD Image ripper.

And they refuse to work, no matter what i do :mad: It's really a 1:1 duplicate.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue ?

I'm having the same problem, but I"m using the most up to date 7.3 on VISTA 32bit. Some iso's work fine, including HD DVD's, but others, like "The Mist" kick me with the " A disc with an unsupported format is in drive X". All iso's were made the same way with IMG burn, I can't see why some will work and not others ???

Try ripping the BD moviewith protection kept with anydvd hd then mount the .dvd which loads the ISO.

Try ripping the BD moviewith protection kept with anydvd hd then mount the .dvd which loads the ISO.

Just tried that, doesn't work either. Same error message. Besides: I recall having read in several threads now that the "new deal" of VCD 5.4.1.3 would be not to use the .dvd thing anymore?

Besides: I recall having read in several threads now that the "new deal" of VCD 5.4.1.3 would be not to use the .dvd thing anymore?

Your memory serves you right.

On one VISTA 32bit box I've got PowerDVD8 ReLoaded, PDVD7.3 completely up to date, and a brand new installation of TMT. The ISO's I have are virtually all made with IMG Burn from the original disc folders. All have played in the past at various times with VCD and any of the three players, but now, while I can play all ISO's, few of them will play with all players. PDVD8 Reloaded plays most of them, what it won't play can be played with TMT, but the most up to date PDVD7.3 pretty much won't play any of them...

It looks more like a PDVD problem to me, but I'm just a point and click user, not a computer engineer.

I have no problems with the 100+ ISO's I have using 7.3 4617 and 8 2217

Aaah, now we're talking business.

Please, Adbear, share the gory details ;) What operating system do you use? Any UDF-drivers?

Vista business 32 (doesn't need any other UDF driver), or XP Pro SP3 with Toshiba UDF driver. Latest VCD. I don't have any ISO's using the .dvd file as I've never needed them, so I just mount the ISO file then play back.

One thing you may need to do when you make the ISO is to add back in the full folder structures for the Blu-ray disc even if they are empty as PDVD needs them to recognise the discs properly

root folder should contain

BDMV
------AUXDATA
------BACKUP
-------------BDJO
-------------CLIPINF
-------------PLAYLIST
------BDJO
------CLIPINF
------JAR
------META
------PLAYLIST
------STREAM
CERTIFICATE

Last edited:
Vista business 32 (doesn't need any other UDF driver), or XP Pro SP3 with Toshiba UDF driver. Latest VCD. I don't have any ISO's using the .dvd file as I've never needed them, so I just mount the ISO file then play back.

One thing you may need to do when you make the ISO is to add back in the full folder structures for the Blu-ray disc even if they are empty as PDVD needs them to recognise the discs properly

root folder should contain

BDMV
AUXDATA
BACKUP
BDJO
CLIPINF
PLAYLIST
BDJO
CLIPINF
JAR
META
PLAYLIST
STREAM
CERTIFICATE

If this is the ROOT :confused: folder then what should the BDMV folder contain ? :doh:

And what do you use to create the ISOs ?

Last edited:
it took the spaces out after I posted, have fixed it now.
I use Imgburn to make ISO's just set UDF to 2.5

I'm starting to suspect that it has something to do with xp64. I'll check on 2 other machines i have around. Unfortunately xp64 is the only thing i got right now..

Ok guys.

On every xp64 machine i tested, i got my error and it won't work.
I set up vista32 just for the fun of it. And guess what: my exact same software setup as before works. I have some glitches here and there, but these are unrelated to my original problem.

So I guess the solution is: xp64 + iso-watching = not a good idea.

Thanks for your time everyone.

It may work for you for now, but my VISTA is X86, not 64 bit and I'm getting the same issue. Also I use IMG Burn and use the folder to iso and put the two needed folders in the root, yet they do not necessarily play back with any player(ie. some play with Pdvd8, some with TMT, some with Pdvd7, all latest versions...).

It may work for you for now, but my VISTA is X86, not 64 bit and I'm getting the same issue. Also I use IMG Burn and use the folder to iso and put the two needed folders in the root, yet they do not necessarily play back with any player(ie. some play with Pdvd8, some with TMT, some with Pdvd7, all latest versions...).

I've had no issues with Vista x64 and playing mounted images. I have PowerDVD7, PowerDVD8, WinDVD9 Plus BluRay, and TMT. Use the AnyDVD ripper via the Rip to Image method. Unless the disc is one of the new BD+ discs or one that a specific player has a problem with then there should be no problems.

Back