• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Variables ?

It still would be nice if it would throw the year which was in the description AS was just showing you into the filename. That makes it easier for Filebot to get an ID too, even when it's wrong.
It would also be nice if there were other options beside "overwrite" and "don't download" if two completely different movies share a name... Or a movie and its remake, since the same streaming service often picks up rights to both.
Hell, just letting me manually type it when I'm looking at the description would be nice, so at least I don't have to write it down elsewhere to retype into the filename when it's done a few hours from now. And again to help FileBot, since it doesn't exactly do the greatest job showing you what's the difference between the 7 potential matches it found - (e.g. if 3 of them had a poster, you get a mouse's thumbnail rendering of those.)

It still would be nice if it would throw the year which was in the description AS was just showing you into the filename. That makes it easier for Filebot to get an ID too, even when it's wrong.
It would also be nice if there were other options beside "overwrite" and "don't download" if two completely different movies share a name... Or a movie and its remake, since the same streaming service often picks up rights to both.
Hell, just letting me manually type it when I'm looking at the description would be nice, so at least I don't have to write it down elsewhere to retype into the filename when it's done a few hours from now. And again to help FileBot, since it doesn't exactly do the greatest job showing you what's the difference between the 7 potential matches it found - (e.g. if 3 of them had a poster, you get a mouse's thumbnail rendering of those.)
I doubt we will do this anytime soon, but maybe in the future. Thank you for your input.

This is just my take on it but I think you are requesting AS to do things that AS is not for. AS is not a media management piece of software. It's a tool designed to acquire media from providers. And it does that VERY well. In my mind there is no need to dilute its purpose as a acquisition tool as I see it. There are many pieces of software out there that do these types of things and they are great. Some are free and some cost a little. My personal thought on this is that we should use AS for what it's made for and use other things for other things.

I personally use a number of tools for my collection all designed to do different things. And some I do manually. For example the year thing. Even if AS could pull the year from the provider I would not use it because it's very often wrong. So for movies I always look them up on "Just Watch" and copy the name and year and change the filename based on that. Simple, accurate and works well.

My primary tool for organization and cataloging (which it sounds like you are after) is EMDB. Works great and it DOES auto pull title information and does find duplicates and so on and so forth.

Just my 2 cents man.

This is just my take on it but I think you are requesting AS to do things that AS is not for. AS is not a media management piece of software. It's a tool designed to acquire media from providers. And it does that VERY well. In my mind there is no need to dilute its purpose as a acquisition tool as I see it. There are many pieces of software out there that do these types of things and they are great. Some are free and some cost a little. My personal thought on this is that we should use AS for what it's made for and use other things for other things.

I personally use a number of tools for my collection all designed to do different things. And some I do manually. For example the year thing. Even if AS could pull the year from the provider I would not use it because it's very often wrong. So for movies I always look them up on "Just Watch" and copy the name and year and change the filename based on that. Simple, accurate and works well.

My primary tool for organization and cataloging (which it sounds like you are after) is EMDB. Works great and it DOES auto pull title information and does find duplicates and so on and so forth.

Just my 2 cents man.
Me? No, I'm not after media management or expecting AS to do it for me, it's strictly for acquisition, like you said. I have a pretty good system for management/storage and already it's the first step after acquisition, when I also add DB index #s so that they can't be misidentified later. If AS had a direct place in that, it wouldn't be the top of the AIO chain, it'd just be a good tool to interface with like other acquisition tools -- some kind of API call from the management software when it sees that something told it I want is available for streaming from one of my providers. (Edit: TBH, I'd be happy with it even if it was even MORE single-purpose, and didn't have all the graphical browsing and integrated search function etc., just took a direct request to acquire the stream for a program that was specified and output a file for it-- provided that the capability to browse through catalogs and create that request did exist somehow, e.g. copy-paste a URL from the browser when watching X show at least, with the possibility of developing a more robust client.)

I was only pointing out that the year is basically part of the title for a lot of things, (which I imagine is only going to get worse as they continue to run out of ideas for titles,) and having some way to differentiate those would be good.. especially if it also meant I could acquire two where the only data I'm currently allowed in my filename happens to match; where I mentioned just being able to manually tag it when I select to download would be nice.
Incidentally, sometimes providers get the *title* wrong too, not just the year, and just because I know that when I click "download" doesn't mean I will remember when I actually have the file to manage, so that's another case where I wish my "save as" options for the filename were just a little less limited.

But yeah, that's not really the top of my wish list, that slot is probably for continuing to add other streaming services and the ability to save/resume a queue, (particularly in the event of a crash -- it's taking the time to dump all of memory anyhow, and until I hit OK the window that I'm not permitted to scroll in is still open, so I know the list it's about to flush is there to be saved). Was just seconding that there is a little bit of "nice to have" in that release year tag.

Last edited:
a little bit of "nice to have" in that release year tag.
bro, just use filebot. i also was manually adding year to downloads from AS but you just plop it into filebot and it will rename it to whatever you want and add a year etc. sure, sometimes it gets confused (i have repeatedly ran into problems when adding 20 video and matching subtitle files into filebot), but it works. true its not free (its 6 bucks for a year which IIRC is the route i took, 48$ seems a bit steep IMO), but it works, lol.

bro, just use filebot. i also was manually adding year to downloads from AS but you just plop it into filebot and it will rename it to whatever you want and add a year etc. sure, sometimes it gets confused (i have repeatedly ran into problems when adding 20 video and matching subtitle files into filebot), but it works. true its not free (its 6 bucks for a year which IIRC is the route i took, 48$ seems a bit steep IMO), but it works, lol.
Like I said, I do. 1690678657311.png
That was the whole part about its teensy thumbnails and no description (only a year, which.. isn't in the filename, so I may not remember it,) to help you differentiate between the 7 bad guesses by title only; if you go find a year and type it into the filename then FB actually figures it out without intervention in most of those cases. But yeah, it's possible to eventually figure out, if nothing else by searching IMDB for every name in the credits, just takes significantly longer to do that than if it had the year--which I was looking at when I hit "download"--in the name. And running FileBot later won't stop it from asking me if I want to overwrite the 80's The Fly with the 50's The Fly, meaning I can't actually queue up both of them, at all.

differentiate between the 7 bad guesses by title only;
i know, man. it sucks when fileboting by name only. on the other hand, if AS was pulling the year from providers that would be all over the place since its a 50/50 chance the provider got it completely wrong. now, if it were pulling years from IMDB i think it would end up just like filebot - searching by name alone and thus getting confused. dunnno much about programming, but i think the best thing would be if RF pulled them entire IMDB db (just titles and years) and stored it on their end and thus when downloading the year would be pulled from there, but then again i thiink even then the thing would be confused, like you said, is it the fly from 50s or 80s. dude, i used to manually search and add years, lol. like, goto imdb and manually enter the year, codec, source etc. filebot at least gets it 70% of the time, hahaha. and i can save a preset, so im getting your point but i dont think theres a way of implementing it without ending up like filebot, unfortunately.

but i think the best thing would be if RF pulled them entire IMDB db (just titles and years) and stored it on their end

My 2p: AS is a downloader not a library fixer/cataloguer. It should (continue to) focus on its core strength (of downloading) and not get sidetracked into functionality that other apps already do very well, like Filebot. I find Filbot to be quite accurate and it even seems to remember previous fixes that I make.

My 2p: AS is a downloader not a library fixer/cataloguer. It should (continue to) focus on its core strength (of downloading) and not get sidetracked into functionality that other apps already do very well, like Filebot. I find Filbot to be quite accurate and it even seems to remember previous fixes that I make.
of course, i was just spitballing knowing well my suggestion a) will never happen and b) is pointless. lol.

Thankyou JCH.H. ;)

I fully agree; all the talk about having it pull dates from other places on the provider, from completely different databases, or somehow accurately identify the correct date in an objective way are insane overreach. I was only tacking on that the one which has already been pulled, which was displayed in AnyStream alongside the listing I selected, would be "better than nothing" compared to not even being able to save 2 things that happen to have the same 1-word title.
Being able to queue up downloads with a name I specify instead of whatever the provider mandates would also be better than nothing. In fact, if you're worried about overreach into other management, then having it do *less* to pull wrong data from the provider's listings would be preferable.

Back