• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to remove region lock

mimccann

I am able to decrypt the disc fine, but not remove region lock, A. I have attempted to rip to iso, mount that iso, then rip to iso again, both still have region lock, but no AACS. I have patched the drive using LibreDrive as well, though that should have no impact here. I have also tested both AnyDVD HD 8.4.9.0 and 8.4.9.1, both have the same result.

I have uploaded both versions of the log, using the beta release and non-beta. The Third one, drive U, is the log from the final mounted iso after running AnyDVD HD on it twice. I have all the region codes checked under feature removal and proper region selected under default region.

Edit: I tested the iso with DVDFab and it was able to remove the region lock. The work around is fine for this disc, but would still help in the future for any other discs that use the same locking method.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.0_Info_M_A THOUSAND ACRES_BB519625_C6C4A336.ziplog
    123 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_8.4.9.1_Info_M_A THOUSAND ACRES_BB519625_C6C4A336.ziplog
    124 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.4.9.1_Info_U_A THOUSAND ACRES_BB519625_00000000.ziplog
    108.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have uploaded both versions of the log, using the beta release and non-beta. The Third one, drive U, is the log from the final mounted iso after running AnyDVD HD on it twice. I have all the region codes checked under feature removal and proper region selected under default region.
You don't have to use second-rate quality products, just activate region code removal in AnyDVD's settings for Blu-ray discs. It's deactivated according to your log files.

You don't have to use second-rate quality products, just activate region code removal in AnyDVD's settings for Blu-ray discs. It's deactivated according to your log files.
I believe AnyDVD thinks it removed it then, but didn't actually remove it. When I play the ripped iso/folders on both VLC and PowerDVD it treats it as still being region locked, but the one patched by the other software doesn't do that, so some kind of protection looks to be still in play.

VLC would play just the black this disc is intended for region A only, which PowerDVD would do the same thing when it's region is set to anything besides A as well, so it isn't just VLC being strange, which I know does happen.

I am not sure if you are meaning I don't have it set to remove region lock, but I should, unless the settings just don't work for me in the newest version(s). If you meant that the lock was removed, it thinks it did, but didn't actually remove it. The screenshot shows the settings I have set, the only ones I have messed with are the CSS mastering errors and the AI Scanner.

When I play the ripped iso/folders on both VLC and PowerDVD it treats it as still being region locked, but the one patched by the other software doesn't do that, so some kind of protection looks to be still in play.

VLC would play just the black this disc is intended for region A only, which PowerDVD would do the same thing when it's region is set to anything besides A as well, so it isn't just VLC being strange, which I know does happen.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.5 KB · Views: 12
Um, isn't this a blu-ray? If so, you're looking at DVD settings not blu-ray.

Um, isn't this a blu-ray? If so, you're looking at DVD settings not blu-ray.
I see the correct setting now. I didn't realize they were two different places, since under Blu-ray it only had sub options for the speedmenu and the subtitles.

This thread can be closed now, thanks for the help everyone.

Back