• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to open file F:/VIDEO_TS.IFO

Simple, powerdvd doesn't allow to play from harddrive. Slysoft can't fix this. If cyberlink decide to go that way it's their choice. Also TMT 3 is the one which does allow to play from harddrive. Another thing to keep in mind if audio is True-HD then playing from folder won't work. No matter what player being used.
TMT still plays the HD audio when playing Blu-ray from folder. I think you mean playing from file

Simple, powerdvd doesn't allow to play from harddrive. Slysoft can't fix this. If cyberlink decide to go that way it's their choice. Also TMT 3 is the one which does allow to play from harddrive. Another thing to keep in mind if audio is True-HD then playing from folder won't work. No matter what player being used.

I never thought, expected or stated that I think Slysoft should fix something here...

So, I am still not clear what I need to do here to play BluRay and HDDVD titles from my hard drive. I would like to be able to rip the BluRay and HD DVDs to a folder on the hard drive just like I do presently with ANY DVD / CloneDVD2. I use CloneDVD2 to rip the titles to subfolders under My Movies. Then I can play them through the MyMovies Windows Media plugin.

I realize that at this time CloneDVD2 will not rip HD or BluRay DVDs however, AnyDVDHD does. I have ripped the titles of one HDDVD as an experiement using AnyDVDHD to a subfolder under My Movies called King Kong.

My Movies
King Kong
ADV_OBJ
HVDVD_TS (this folder contains a number of .EVO files)

My Movies shows the title but when I try to play it using MyMovies Windows Media Center plug in it says:

NO PLAYER: There were no players detected on your system capable of playing Blu-ray or HD DVD file structures.

I have also tried this using TotalMedia Theatre 3. When I launch TMT3 there is a FOLDER icon on the bottom tray. I assume this is for attempting to play files from the hard drive? When I click on it the options are: D:, E:, Open Disc folder, Open Media file.

If I select OPEN DISC FOLDER and navigate to My Movies and highlight the King Kong folder, the OK button becomes greyed out and does not allow me to select that movie.
If I select OPEN MEDIA FILE and navigate to My Movies and open the King Kong folder, I can now select any of the files in any of the folders. I assume I want FEATURE_1.EVO. When I do it complains that in the trial verion of TMT3 the Dolby Codec is not available which may affect sound playback in titles with Dolby audio. I then click OK to continue and get a message of UNSUPPORTED FILE TYPE.

Windows Media Center also shows a plug in for ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre. However, when I select this and it launches there is no option to select a folder on my hard drive, only the DVD optical drives installed in the computer (one of which is a BluRay DVD burner).

So, what are the steps that will enable me to play HD and BluRay DVD titles ripped to my hard drive?

Cheers!

Back