• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to open file F:/VIDEO_TS.IFO

tonymuffin

I just upgraded my ANY DVD to ANY DVD HD 2 days ago. I am trying to rip the HD DVD King Kong. ANY DVD seems to show all is well. However, when attempting to rip the Titles with CLONE DVD2 I get the following error:

Unable to read video files from F:/
F:/VIDEO_TS.IFO: unable to open file
The system cannot find the file specified.
Please be sure that all required files are available and try again.
Details: File 0 F:/VIDEO_TS.IFO 2

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and using my XBOX 360 HD DVD drive. ANY DVD HD version: 6.6.0.7. Clone DVD2 version: 2.9.2.1.

I have uploaded the AnyDVDHD log file here.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.7_Info_F_KING_KONG.zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 7
As the name suggest CloneDVD is for DVDs.

You need to read some of the FAQs and threads to get upto speed on ripping Blu-Rays. Not related to your 'problem', but you need to take a look:

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.7)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 7207168 sectors (14076 MBytes)
Total size: 14395840 sectors (28116 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: KING_KONG
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 1
Modified DISCID.DAT!
Removed AACS copy protection!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.6.0.7 ) is up to date.
Code:
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Your region code is not set.

With some DVDs and some drives, AnyDVD cannot decrypt CSS unless your drive's region code is set properly.
You must exit AnyDVD when checking.
  1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit AnyDVD.
  2. Click start. Right click on My computer--->select properties.
  3. Click on the Hardware tab--->click the device manager button.
  4. Open the DVD/DROM branch---> right click on your optical drive.
  5. Click properties.
  6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
  7. Select the region that you're in
  8. Start AnyDVD.
SysInfo

Problematic Filter SiRemFil It's possible that you might need this for a RAID setup.
Click here to see an example of how removing SiRemFil fixed a problem:
Code:
CDROM Class UpperFilters:
SiRemFil (system32\DRIVERS\SiRemFil.sys), Version: 1.1.6.0 (1.0.0.0)
Company: Silicon Image, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2005-2006 Silicon Image, Inc.
Description: Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers.
FileVersion: 1, 1, 6, 0
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
Comments: Filter driver that can mark drives attached to Silicon Image SATA controllers as removable devices.
Problematic Filter PxHlpa64 The process Px Engine Device Driver for 64-bit Windows belongs to the software PxHelp or PxHlpa by Sonic Solutions:
Code:
PxHlpa64 (System32\Drivers\PxHlpa64.sys), Version: 3.0.90.2 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp64
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for 64-bit Windows
FileVersion: 3.00.90.2
Refer here for an list of known problematic filters. Further filter information here

Remove the filter(s):

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so.
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware).
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order...
  4. Select "SiRemFil" & "PxHlpa64". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot.

Whatever programs installed the filter may no longer work properly.
Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary.
It is not recommended that you do so, however, because the problem will likely happen again at a later time

I didn't realize that I could rip the DVD Titles to the hard disk using AnyDVD HD. I have done so however, I am not able to play the movie using MyMovies as I can with the regular DVD titles I have. What is recommended to play the titles from the hard disk?

Cheers.

Folder play or mount and play

I didn't realize that I could rip the DVD Titles to the hard disk using AnyDVD HD. I have done so however, I am not able to play the movie using MyMovies as I can with the regular DVD titles I have. What is recommended to play the titles from the hard disk?

Cheers.

You either need a player that will allow "play from folder" and honor the internal BluRay links for language, etc.

OR

use a player that will allow playing an ISO mounted on our free Virtual CloneDrive - to get that you use the "create image..." option in AnyDVD HD.

Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater 3
Cyberlink PowerDVD 9
CorelWinDVD 2010 pro

those are the 3 market leaders when it comes to software based dvd/blu-ray players

I just downloaded teh 30 day Trial of CyberLink PowerDVD 9. I just tried to open the HD DVD I ripped however, when I go to the folder on the hard disk with the Movie files it does not allow me to select anything. If I drag the folder to PowerDVD 9 it throws the following error.

Error code: 80040265 Internal Error

I can see that a plug in was also installed to Media Center. However, there is no option to select the folder where the movie is stored, only the optical drives.

you don't drag folders into PowerDVD, on the bottom left of the icon bar (bottom) you have an icon to select the drive. One of those options will be, (next to your drives), to play media from folder. Select that one and browse to the folder. I cannot promise it will read hd-dvd's (though i think it will), since i dont own any hd-dvd's but only blu-rays.

Concerning the not selecting anything thats normal. You only browse to the folder where the files are location, upon pressing open PowerDVD does the rest and should start playin

Sure that makes sense but it doesn't work. When I click the button in the lower left hand corner that says SELECT SOURCE and then click on Open Movie File On Hard Drive and then select the folder where the ripped files are located the OK button is greyed out and does not let me select anything.

When opening the plug in within Windows Media Center there is no option to select a folder with ripped files on my hard disk, the only option is to select the optical drive.

I just downloaded teh 30 day Trial of CyberLink PowerDVD 9. I just tried to open the HD DVD I ripped however, when I go to the folder on the hard disk with the Movie files it does not allow me to select anything. If I drag the folder to PowerDVD 9 it throws the following error.

Error code: 80040265 Internal Error

I can see that a plug in was also installed to Media Center. However, there is no option to select the folder where the movie is stored, only the optical drives.

you don't drag folders into PowerDVD, on the bottom left of the icon bar (bottom) you have an icon to select the drive. One of those options will be, (next to your drives), to play media from folder. Select that one and browse to the folder. I cannot promise it will read hd-dvd's (though i think it will), since i dont own any hd-dvd's but only blu-rays.

Concerning the not selecting anything thats normal. You only browse to the folder where the files are location, upon pressing open PowerDVD does the rest and should start playin

Sure that makes sense but it doesn't work. When I click the button in the lower left hand corner that says SELECT SOURCE and then click on Open Movie File On Hard Drive and then select the folder where the ripped files are located the OK button is greyed out and does not let me select anything.

When opening the plug in within Windows Media Center there is no option to select a folder with ripped files on my hard disk, the only option is to select the optical drive.

Powerdvd will not allow HD DVD or Blu-ray to be played from harddrive. That function will only work for DVD only. Also HD DVD is not supported by PowerDVD 8 or 9. Last powerdvd version supporting HDDVD and play from harddrive was 7.3319

Powedvd disable playback from harddrive long time ago for HD media inlcuding blu-ray as well. ALso if you want to play as iso image that will only work for Blu-ray media not HDDVD.

Stick to Arcsoft TMT if you want to play from harddrive and use HDDVD for playback.

Last edited:
hmmmm...that's odd. The PowerDVD 9 website says that it will play from the hard disk. I am not wanting to play from .iso image. I want the ability to rip my DVD HD and BluRay to my hard disk (as I do with normal DVDs) and play them through MyMovies through Windows Media Center.

hmmmm...that's odd. The PowerDVD 9 website says that it will play from the hard disk. I am not wanting to play from .iso image. I want the ability to rip my DVD HD and BluRay to my hard disk (as I do with normal DVDs) and play them through MyMovies through Windows Media Center.

They lied. Anyways Arcsoft has plugin which allow media center to integrate with Player. Last but not least TMT 3 can play from harddrive and iso image as well. I myself have it as well. Give it shot via player itself then we can worry about media center edition.

Ok... well that doesn't work either. I just downloaded the trial version of TMT3 and it also does not recognize the ripped HD DVD folder or files from ANY DVD HD.
Perhaps I need to by the version first? If so, will the Standard version due the deed or would I need the Gold edition? It sure would be nice to confirm this all works prior to purchasing.

Ok... well that doesn't work either. I just downloaded the trial version of TMT3 and it also does not recognize the ripped HD DVD folder or files from ANY DVD HD.
Perhaps I need to by the version first? If so, will the Standard version due the deed or would I need the Gold edition? It sure would be nice to confirm this all works prior to purchasing.

Unless they've changed something in the Platinum trial version it should play SD DVD, HD-DVD, and Blu-rays. I forget if the trial version has X number days usage but it does have the inability to playback Dolby audio and this is a licensing issue between Arcsoft and Dolby.

Ok... perhaps I am going about this all wrong. Here's what I want to do.

I upgraded to ANYDVD HD so that I could rip my BluRay and HD discs to the hard drive just like I do with my DVD collection. I want to be able to play the BluRay and HD ripped movies through Windows Media Center, just like I already do with my DVD collection.

How does one do this?

Cheers?

Ok... perhaps I am going about this all wrong. Here's what I want to do.

I upgraded to ANYDVD HD so that I could rip my BluRay and HD discs to the hard drive just like I do with my DVD collection. I want to be able to play the BluRay and HD ripped movies through Windows Media Center, just like I already do with my DVD collection.

How does one do this?

Cheers?

I've moved the thread to the High Definition Software forum. TMT3 has a media player plugin. I don't know if it will play from a folder on your HDD since I've never tried it. It will play SD DVDs, HD-DVDs, or Blu-ray discs that are ripped to an ISO image and mounted with Virtual CloneDrive.

I am confused then. What is the point of having the ability with ANYDVD HD to rip the BluRay and HD DVDs to a folder on the hard disc if one cannot play them from their like other DVDs. I am not referring to playing an .iso file

I am confused then. What is the point of having the ability with ANYDVD HD to rip the BluRay and HD DVDs to a folder on the hard disc if one cannot play them from their like other DVDs. I am not referring to playing an .iso file

Simple, powerdvd doesn't allow to play from harddrive. Slysoft can't fix this. If cyberlink decide to go that way it's their choice. Also TMT 3 is the one which does allow to play from harddrive. Another thing to keep in mind if audio is True-HD then playing from folder won't work. No matter what player being used.

Last edited:
Thus my previous questions....

I downloaded TMT3 trial per the suggestions here which as far as I can see has no restrictions. However, it has no cluse what the files are that ANY DVD HD ripped. Thus my question... How does one do this?

Back