• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question (UK) ITVX / Channel 4 / Channel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only support ITVX. C4 will not be possible. ( I think) I am not in that region. ;)
Asking for new channels at this point is beyond entitled, so I won't (what, the devs aren't working 24 hours in a row? WHY NOT?)
But at some point in the future I'd love to see Channel 4 added.

Last edited:
ITVX is UK (ITV Channel)
Sounds brilliant that you support it, I couldn't find it in the app.
Hopefully in the future Channel4 can be added
Go to "File" in the upper left corner of AS, select that, then select "settings" and then select the "providers" tab - ITVx is the fourth one from the bottom.
And yes, it is brilliant!

Last edited:
I use ITVx from the US successfully with a fixed residential IP address in the UK using AnyStream, but it's a slow downloader via VPN (but it works). I can't subscribe to the paid tier because I don't have a UK-bank issued credit card tied to a UK address. BBC iPlayer content I get using Internet Download Manager which works fine except Plex doesn't like the resulting files unless I remux them (only an issue if you are using Plex to watch stuff). I'd love to grab Channel 4 and Channel 5 content, but you need the VPN in the States and they insert commercials and AS doesn't support either service at the moment.

how to we ask AnyStream to add Channel 5 and Channel 4?
You can ask, but asking for a new streaming component/service isn't even remotely at the top of the devs' list of things to do. Staying on top of current providers as they change protocols (lookin' at you, APV!) as well as fixing the on-going Netflix DRM issue is an "all hands on deck" situation. Priorities, priorities, priorities.

It isn't as if others haven't already asked for those streaming services to be added.

Its already been asked along with over 500 other channels the world over.
Yeah but those other channels are boring. LOL. We want Channel 4 and 5 so we can watch the world's most polite traffic cops giving up if a car chase is going over 50mph or watch them request "a sample of breath" when idiots are pulled over for driving while intoxicated. It's almost the exact opposite of American shows like Cops where the Arkansas State Police will chase you at 130mph until your wheels fall off or they drive you off the road into a ditch and drag you out of the car window. You won't get that on ARD or RAI or TV New Zealand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back