• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD PlayBack & Burner / MDisc Support?

I have the BUFFALO (insert model # I can't remember here) external USB 2.0 BD-R XL/UHD/M-Disc drive. So far it has worked good for an off brand blu ray burner.

The LG Friendly Drive is a bit slower than the Asus. The LG WH14NS40 is also a friendly drive.

Attachments

• 2018-02-20_14-57-42  AnyDVDHD 25mbs sec.jpg
    2018-02-20_14-57-42 AnyDVDHD 25mbs sec.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I have the BUFFALO (insert model # I can't remember here) external USB 2.0 BD-R XL/UHD/M-Disc drive. So far it has worked good for an off brand blu ray burner.

It's likely a rebadged LG drive. I'm speculating but if it has M-Disc support, as well, then it's likely an LG. And the UHD Friendly drives are definitely rebadged LG drives. LG makes decent drives.

The LG Friendly Drive is a bit slower than the Asus. The LG WH14NS40 is also a friendly drive.

Yeah, pretty much every report has been that that model is nice but slower than the ASUS BW-16D1HT which is why many are cross-flashing.

Last edited:
Can you just crossflash it with the Windows flasher from Asus?

No. You have to follow one of the tutorials. Not sure if there is one here for cross-flashing but there is over at Myce somewhere. Somewhere. TeddyRaspin would know. :)

No. You have to follow one of the tutorials. Not sure if there is one here for cross-flashing but there is over at Myce somewhere.
Thanks, if its not a straight up flash with the Asus flasher, I am not going into it, it works, just takes 15 minutes longer. Thats good enough for me. This whole thing has been a good exercise for me, I cleaned out my attic, my garage and computer closet. I found about 6 Friendly drives. Mostly all LG WH16NS40 and one LG WH14NS40, all firmware 1.02 and all Made in 2017 with the NS50 code. This was the drive a lot of the builds I was doing in early 2017 and late 2016 came with. I just put them away and never sent the build with the drive, now none of the new builds even have 5.25" bays in them.

Thanks, if its not a straight up flash with the Asus flasher, I am not going into it, it works, just takes 15 minutes longer. Thats good enough for me.

You're welcome and I don't blame you. Frankly, it's not a necessary hassle to gain all of 15 minutes, IMHO.

This whole thing has been a good exercise for me, I cleaned out my attic, my garage and computer closet.

A plausible excuse to do some spring cleaning a bit early. :p

I found about 6 Friendly drives. Mostly all LG WH16NS40 and one LG WH14NS40, all firmware 1.02 and all Made in 2017 with the NS50 code. This was the drive a lot of the builds I was doing in early 2017 and late 2016 came with. I just put them away and never sent the build with the drive, now none of the new builds even have 5.25" bays in them.

Not bad. Given they were collecting dust anyway it's nice that they can be useful now, at least. If one dies you some spares. :)

Back