• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD discs are no longer supported on latest Intel CPUs

From what I understand, it is still possible to play "normal" bluray discs? 1080p? Or is this also impossible?
Kind regards

standard 1080p is fine. SGX only affects UHD

I think this only affects powerdvd. Other players like jriver don't require sgx. Is there something I am missing?

I get that sgx must be used by "legal" players like powerdvd, but to say that intel dropping sgx is the end of uhd on the PC seems to me to be a stretch. People will just have to use players that have not been blessed by the movie producers. Now that I will not be able to use powerdvd for uhd playback, I can toss intel to the trash heap and use an amd cpu with a graphics card and play my uhd movies on Jriver, or the monkey player, or some other free player that has UHD playback.

Last edited:
I realize this thread is somewhat old, but this Intel chip development only relates to playback of UHD content on the computer with the new Intel chip? It does not prevent the ripping of and network playback on other devices of UHD content? For example, playing a UHD rip made on a computer with the new chip on a networked device like an Oppo 203. I ask as I'm in the market for a new laptop and I want to make sure the one I purchase will be able to at least rip the UHD disc and possibly to stream it via the LAN to another machine for playback.

Thanks

This issue has nothing whatsoever to do with ripping. Only trying to play a protected UHD on an official player. IOW, move along, nothing to see here.

Samsung and other manufacturers are also stopping the production line on the players, which might have some effect. Although there are most probably plenty on the shelf to last a lifetime. This was reported in 2019 so they may have changed their course I have no idea.

Back