• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TV not switching into 3D automatically

mr-me

I created a small 3D test file with 1.0.7.9. I put the file on a USB stick and plugged it into the TV. The video played with a side-by-side image. The TV did not automatically switch into 3D. I was able to manually select "3D side-by-side" and the image merged into a normal looking 3D image.

Should a 3D TV be able to detect the 3D-CloneBD file as a 3D video and automatically switch into 3D or is manual intervention required?

Should a 3D TV be able to detect the 3D-CloneBD file as a 3D video and automatically switch into 3D or is manual intervention required?

My LG TV will automatically switch to 3D when playing a 3D Blu-ray,

But when i play a 3D SBS mkv i must manually switch tv to 3D mode

I created a small 3D test file with 1.0.7.9. I put the file on a USB stick and plugged it into the TV. The video played with a side-by-side image. The TV did not automatically switch into 3D. I was able to manually select "3D side-by-side" and the image merged into a normal looking 3D image.

It depends - hardly any TV actually READS the flags set in the MKVs, for whatever reason, I can't say. Would be too easy, probably.
Many actually try to determine automatically whether it's sbs (by analyzing the decoded video, checking whether it "looks" like sbs) and then switch to 3D after a few seconds.

.. hardly any TV actually READS the flags set in the MKVs ..

Do you know if 3D Blu-Ray players work the same way with the MKV flags or will 3D players send a combined 3D image to the TV?

3D bluray players all send out video in one format, so TVS use that format as the auto standard to display. At least they added a manual selection so sbs works. Mkv is not a bluray standard, for example I use a hard drive to send the sbs video to the tv. Sort of like comparing apples to oranges. Hope that helps.

Back