Trojan horse in anydvd file

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by 1fldave, Jul 17, 2007.

1. 1fldave

1fldave New Member

Has anyone else found that Symantec Internet Security returned a trojan horse found inside a RAR file 'AnyDVD 6[1].0.8.2 Multilingual By TFT-TEAM'?

2. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

AnyDVD should only be downloaded from the Slysoft website.

3. Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike Well-Known Member

Are you using a cracked copy of AnyDVD. If you google "AnyDVD 6[1].0.8.2 Multilingual By TFT-TEAM"? you get crack sites??

4. calcu007

calcu007 Well-Known Member

That is a cracked illegal version of AnyDVD

5. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

I can't believe you actually posted that question... :rolleyes:

6. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

lol. Drinky, people who use cracks aren't usually the smartest of folk.

7. 1fldave

1fldave New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I don't recall where I got that particular file from but I am running a version that I did download from slysoft and love it. It works great with a media center plugin called My Movies.

It hadn't been installed but just reported by SIS as being inside that file.

8. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

It is nor unheard of for Norton to report false findings. Another good reason not to use it.

9. sheep

sheep Well-Known Member

Norton is crap. Don't use it.

10. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Fact #1 anydvd or any slysoft product for that matter is never and I stress the word never is in a rar file it is always an exe.

11. calcu007

calcu007 Well-Known Member

Don't lie AnyDVd don't come in a RAR file, it come in a .EXE file and it is never detected as a virus or trojan. If you like the program support it and buy a license.

12. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

I really don't like defending the OP but what they actually said was that the version they are currently running was downloaded from Slysoft's website. It's likely that later a *cough* was sought and that's when the RAR file was found bundling an installer and the *cough*.

Regardless, the solution to the problem is to delete the RAR file w/o using any of its contents and then going to the Slysoft website and registering AnyDVD.

AnyDVD really is worth the price and the trial period is more than adequate to see if you like it or not.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  13. 1fldave

1fldave New Member

You're right. I have owned a license for AnyDVD and CloneDVD for quite some time. And I love them both. They are both excellent apps. They both do what they say they do and they do it seamlessly. And if you have a media center PC the AnyDVD and My Movies plugin combo is pretty slick.
    Sorry to have bothered or offended anyone.

14. waxman

waxman Guest

Dohhhhhhhh

Oh I don't think you bothered or offended anyone, at least not me, I got one hell of a good laugh out of how big of a dumb ass you are!!! I am sure there is a trojan in the crack you are using, and then you post here, dude that is truly classic dumb ass syndrome. :clap:

15. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

if he is using an 'illegal' version of anydvd,then he deserves everything he gets.