• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion TrakTV: Does it Track YOU?

tyner

For years I've been hoping and searching for a DVD release of this Rod Steiger classic TV episode.

Though some 20 minutes were later added by Universal for a 1967 theatrical release, it's since been only available for viewing by appointment here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paley_Center_for_Media

Now I find that it's apparently available here.

But can AnyStream download it?

AND is Trackt TV safe to use?

I had it on my plex servers once to sync the viewing status.
But since that is now build into Plex ... I got rid of trakt

No AnyStream cannot download it. No plan for it either. ;)

No AnyStream cannot download it. No plan for it either. ;)
Really? I can't believe this? Why can't AnyStream download content from Amazon Prime and not from Trakt?

Because there are other much more important things to work on right now.

Kind of a lame excuse. I should think individual customer satisfaction would rank among those "important things". How difficult can doing so be anyway? And as you said there's no plans to do so anyway that's a whole more like an outright refusal. Talk about an anti-user attitude.

The more important things being worked on are about "customer satisfaction." Such as getting around the nasty bit of DRM going in with NetFlix at this time.

Defeating DRM is a continual process; AS defeats one scheme and the providers throw up another DRM screen and road-block.

Adding new providers means having to stay on top of more DRM. So which DRM should take priority? Eventually there will be too many providers that there isn't enough time to defeat their schemes.

Is TrakTV as popular as Prime or NetFlix? I doubt it.

ETA: FYI, I said my piece, I'm done debating something we users have little to no control over. The devs will do what the devs will do.

Last edited:
I never heard of it, and while that in itself doesn't mean much, we have 36 pages of requests for providers from every country in the world. TrakTV is not a priority.

Has RedFox even tried to defeat TraktTV's DRM? Maybe it's a snap.

I should think individual customer satisfaction would rank among those "important things"
You are the only customer that has ever broached the subject. Yes, customer satisfaction is important, but you are not our only customer. Dont make close this thread.

Uhm, I don't even see where trakt is hosting own content ... when I try to watch something I'm forwarded to providers hosting the content...
1708791147897.png

So that is more like some watch statistics site...

Anyway, that I-don't-get-what-I-want-so-I-pout-attitude won't get you anywhere.

Yes, just signed up for Trakt. Doesn't seem to host anything itself. It signposts where to find content, which I suppose could be handy. I can't see any other benefit.

Back