• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Total Recall Issues with audio playback

So far all versions are effected.
Mu HMV steelbook UK, USA, Korean, Indian and German all suffer the audio dropout with TrueHD, yes the LPCM option works but should not be needed, demuxing the audio to AC3 640kbps is also an option that works but requires anyDVDHD to rip the film in the 1st place and then freeware like tsMuxer to demux the audio ,

I agree the problem seems to be widespread, but others have commented that they didn't have this problem, from the same regions. And yes, you do need AnyDVD to rip before re-encoding the audio if you want to back it up. But that's a given.

If you don't want to back it up and just play the original, the solution seems to be to set the player to PCM out. I'm just saying that I would not want the defective TrueHD on a backup copy. The simplest solution is to use BDRebuilder to re-encode the TrueHD track to AC3 if you want to do a full backup.

But this is definitely an authoring or manufacturing problem with the original disk. Batch problems can run into the thousands and can be a problem if you try to replace a copy from the same batch. But it has nothing to do with AnyDVDHD. And no doubt, these defective disks were not intentionally released to the public.

Last edited:
Anyone else have problems with audio playback of the latest version of Total Recall? I remember seeing this same exact issue a couple of years ago with Terminator 4 Salvation... basically the audio cuts out for 1 second every time it switches from one mts file to another. Quite annoying. I think I updated to a later release of AnyDVD HD and re-ripped to solve it, but don't recall how/why.

I am running 7.1.2.0 and using rip to ISO image function.

Yes, same problem here using latest AnyDVD HD and image burn.

Posted over at Blu-ray.com
Total Recall 2012 BD Disc Exchange Program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay so a gentleman from Sony called me today and said he will be sending me an email on how to fix this issue.. it looks like they will be doing an exchange program..

heres the information everybody

Quote:
Dear Valued Consumer,

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the sound quality with the release of Total Recall Bluray disk. We are currently in the process of re-producing Bluray disks that will not have these sound issues.

There is a work around available for your current disk. The best way to work around this issue is change your audio output settings on your Blu-ray player. You should be able to change your player's output from "Bitstream" to "PCM". Each player is going to be a little different, but this can typically be done in the player's menu or settings. If you have any questions on this process for your player, please contact the manufacturer of your player.

If adjusting you audio settings does not work, Sony will be offering an exchange for your current disk with the new re-mastered disk. To receive a replacement disk please reply with:

The UPC number from the case:

Your Name:

Address (No PO's):

Contact Phone Number:

You will then receive an email with instructions to return your disk to us.

The exchange process can take 3 to 5 weeks (or longer depending on the date the replacements are available).

Regards,

Consumer Affairs
consumer@sphecustomersupport.sony.com
.800-860-2878
setarip_old is offline Reply With Quote

I rip all of my BD's as folder structure with ClownBD and add the AC3 track. The True HD track has audio issues so I've go to switch to the AC3 track. Location, USA, CA.

Yes we are aware of the audio issue, that's why I posted up the info about the replacement of the discs

Yep, Region A rental has the audio drop out problem, It starts at arround 1:13, had to switch to Dolby 5.1 to resume watching the movie.

Back