• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

This ain't funny

Timo Virtanen

I have bought all three lifetime lisences around year 2008 to these same products. Now you tell mee buy again, maybe next year buy again. I'll take contact to my lawyer.

You do that, but blame the right people MPAA and AACS-LA. And if you're going to try to get money back, good luck finding the CEO of slysoft! You're forgetting the fact that you've received 8 years of updates for a very low price. You bought lifetime, you were given updates for the lifetime of Slysoft. You're welcome to blame someone but blame the right people.

Nobody likes what happened, but if RedFox hadn't taken over your anydvd would have died overnight if February.

I have bought all three lifetime lisences around year 2008 to these same products. Now you tell mee buy again, maybe next year buy again. I'll take contact to my lawyer.
The only product that needs a new license is AnyDVDHD . The other licensing will continue to work. As they don't require the updates or the OPD to work properly. Now about the lifetime issue. It is for the lifetime of the company that sold it not your lifetime. Otherwise no one would ever die and your great,great,great grandchildren would be getting the updates. You should also know this by the fact that you did NOT have to enter a date of birth on the purchase page. Which could be the only way that it could ever be the users Lifetime . And that would be impossible to track as some people live longer than others.

I am sure you will spend more money and time than it's worth to recoup what you spent for those products in 2008, but you are free to try whatever you want. Seems like a fruitless endeavor :unsure::unsure: IJS

That's funny spend 100s of dollars for a lawyer to buy a 100 dollar software

That's funny spend 100s of dollars for a lawyer to buy a 100 dollar software

I've been hospitalized for quite some time due to a motorcycle accident and have been offline for what seems like forever. Consequently I haven't been home nor have I had any new DVDs to back up until a couple of days ago when I got a welcome home gift of the first two seasons of Rick & Morty (highly recommended by the way, Rotten Tomatoes critics rate it at 100%).

Of course the first thing I did was check to see if there was a new version of AnyDVD, as I imagine most users do. Lo and behold, Slysoft is no longer in business and my lifetime updates appear to have ended long before my life. If I'm reading things right, AnyDVD's new owners want me to buy another lifetime license for over a hundred dollars?

The doctors tell me I'm very lucky to be alive, though this whole ordeal has left me deep in debt. So while my actual life has been saved, my lifetime of updates appears to be quite dead. A hundred+ bucks is probably pocket change to most people, but I believe it'll be quite some time, if ever, that I'll have that kind of money to spend on a DVD backup program. Or rather, re-spend.

Am I really without options here?

I've been hospitalized for quite some time due to a motorcycle accident and have been offline for what seems like forever. Consequently I haven't been home nor have I had any new DVDs to back up until a couple of days ago when I got a welcome home gift of the first two seasons of Rick & Morty (highly recommended by the way, Rotten Tomatoes critics rate it at 100%).

Of course the first thing I did was check to see if there was a new version of AnyDVD, as I imagine most users do. Lo and behold, Slysoft is no longer in business and my lifetime updates appear to have ended long before my life. If I'm reading things right, AnyDVD's new owners want me to buy another lifetime license for over a hundred dollars?

The doctors tell me I'm very lucky to be alive, though this whole ordeal has left me deep in debt. So while my actual life has been saved, my lifetime of updates appears to be quite dead. A hundred+ bucks is probably pocket change to most people, but I believe it'll be quite some time, if ever, that I'll have that kind of money to spend on a DVD backup program. Or rather, re-spend.

Am I really without options here?
What goes one in one's life no one here can determine or judge for you that is up to you to decide. To buy or not buy and read the news of what has happened. Your Slysoft works up to 7.6.9.5 and that is the extent of it. Put it this way you ride your motorcycle alot and buy gas for it but regardless of gas price you still buy gas right? The lifetime of gas purchase is far more then you will ever spend and get out of Lifetime license of RedFox. Not to poke at the accident but stating the obvious that seems to be there but most just don't want to see it.

Most likely what you have will back up the dvds , I'm still using the older any DVD version to back up DVDs (not blue rays) and the program has only had one movie it wouldn't backup correctly

Yeah, you're hilarious. :)

On a more serious note, would be nice to know what the life expectancy of RedFox really is. Are they somewhere safe? (Aka, where the RIAA et al. can't shut them down)

There are no assurances on the expected length, due to the nature of AnyDVD. The decryption sector comes with an inherit danger of being possible to get shut down overnight (as you've noticed with Slysoft). No developer of decryption tools is safe for that. The only thing we CAN tell you is that redfox naturally has measures in place to hold that off as long as possible (and hopefully forever) and that there is NO central location where everyone was located, like with slysoft.

There are no assurances on the expected length, due to the nature of AnyDVD. The decryption sector comes with an inherit danger of being possible to get shut down overnight (as you've noticed with Slysoft). No developer of decryption tools is safe for that. The only thing we CAN tell you is that redfox naturally has measures in place to hold that off as long as possible (and hopefully forever) and that there is NO central location where everyone was located, like with slysoft.

Ok, that is good enough for me. :) Thx.

Most likely what you have will back up the dvds , I'm still using the older any DVD version to back up DVDs (not blue rays) and the program has only had one movie it wouldn't backup correctly
That's what will happen going forward newer DVD will not work with 7.6.9.5 and only fix will be to get RedFox v8 to fix the problem.

Yeah, you're hilarious. :)
On a more serious note, would be nice to know what the life expectancy of RedFox really is. Are they somewhere safe? (Aka, where the RIAA et al. can't shut them down)
As Ch3vron said and the Developers told the rest of us they have a plan laid out to stay running long as they can and even if they don't the software will still be there on your computer chugging along. Decryption software is always under attack by the AACS-LA because they are just pure GREED and could care less about the little guy and what the little guy wants.

Back