• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

This 100 vs 280 thread thing...

mikelee999

I don't get it. Can somebody explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old?

You start out with 100 tokens (downloads). Every time you download anything one is removed, but immediately after the download starts the clock starts ticking, it will be added back in 36 minutes. This will continue for one week, then it starts all over. The maximum you can download in one week is 280. You will never have more than 100, if you use the whole 100 you will most probably get more than that because they start adding back every 36 minutes, and I doubt you can download 100 of anything in 36 minutes. If you do, you will have to wait until the 36 minutes have gone by and you get another. Even as you sleep downloads get added back every 36 min. until 100 is reached. 280 movies or episodes is more than enough for anyone. We didn't put this in the program to hurt you, we did it to protect you from being blocked by your provider. It will not change.

A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week.

Last edited:
This 5 year old humbly thanks you for the excellent explanation. :banghead::thankyou:

Just FYI, I am downloading TV shows on Hulu (example, Malcolm in the Middle), which downloads lightning fast (in just a couple of minutes). Doing that I run out of quota very fast. I'm not asking to have the quote changed, just reporting the phenomenon.

you can burn a 100 tokens within a 36 minues by quing up one of those kids shows with 3 min long episodes and do unlimited speecd :)

lol ;)

you can burn a 100 tokens within a 36 minues by quing up one of those kids shows with 3 min long episodes and do unlimited speecd :)

lol ;)

This is a valid point. I did this accidentally by pulling down a season of an old cartoon. Kicked it off and assumed there were like 20 episodes in that season. Came back to see there were over 50 episodes , I was like holy hell man!

I'm still ok with the 100/280 limit. Perhaps it could be changed to a per-minute, instead of per-show, limit. But it's fine because Anystream just pauses and waits for you to continue after your limit is reset.

And congratulations to the dev team for all the awesome user improvements they've made in the most recent versions. Anystream is terrifically easy to use and to add items to the queue. Great information during rips, wonderful multi-threading...you guys have some serious talent. Eve thought about going to work for Microsoft? Just kidding! Just kidding!:bowdown:

I'm still ok with the 100/280 limit. Perhaps it could be changed to a per-minute, instead of per-show, limit. But it's fine because Anystream just pauses and waits for you to continue after your limit is reset.

And congratulations to the dev team for all the awesome user improvements they've made in the most recent versions. Anystream is terrifically easy to use and to add items to the queue. Great information during rips, wonderful multi-threading...you guys have some serious talent. Eve thought about going to work for Microsoft? Just kidding! Just kidding!:bowdown:
Thanks Mike, I think its going to stay as is, no offense but " if it ain't broke don't fix it" you know what I mean bro.

Since I read about this so much, I'll insert my 2 cents. First, I don't mind the token limit as it stands. However, I do think something is not quite right. Let's compare user 1 who downloads, for example, a lot of cartoons - 10 minutes per episode. Even at highest resolution, he is downloading only a fraction of user 2, who downloads only HM 4K content at 25 gig per token. I would think user 2 consumes more than 10x the bandwidth of user 1. And, user 2 could come under much more scrutiny than user 1. Yet user 1 will bump the token limit much more often than user 2.

I too feel the grave injustice of cartoons 'costing' the same as feature length films. Then I (usually) regain control of the instant gratification-hoarding monster and decide to do something else for a while and suffer in virtuous silence. Until the next time.

BTW, isn't that new batch download a great way to get rid of any excess tokens that might have accumulated?

I too feel the grave injustice of cartoons 'costing' the same as feature length films. Then I (usually) regain control of the instant gratification-hoarding monster and decide to do something else for a while and suffer in virtuous silence. Until the next time.

BTW, isn't that new batch download a great way to get rid of any excess tokens that might have accumulated?

"Excess tokens", "Accumulated" - :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, first time I used it, the batch ended and I looked at tokens available ... need to learn to pace myself.

"Excess tokens", "Accumulated" - :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, first time I used it, the batch ended and I looked at tokens available ... need to learn to pace myself.
Its not that bad, come on guys, over 1000 downloads a month, I guess I am just old and have to sleep more than you younger folks. Enjoy the program.

Its not that bad, come on guys, over 1000 downloads a month, I guess I am just old and have to sleep more than you younger folks. Enjoy the program.

I'm old too. I need my sleep (I would say my "beauty rest" but that ship sailed a LONG time ago).

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no issue with the token system.
It just happened so quickly and now I can actually see the token count where as before I would need to do them one at a time and I would forget about it while I was working so it wasn't something I worried about.

Cheers!

me 6 months ago: seriously? no batch download?? unbelievable. btw, im ok with token limit.
me 6 months later: well, batch is finally here. its nice. but that token limit... not so sure anymore.

hahahahaha. saul good, tho.

me 6 months ago: seriously? no batch download?? unbelievable. btw, im ok with token limit.
me 6 months later: well, batch is finally here. its nice. but that token limit... not so sure anymore.

hahahahaha. saul good, tho.

Same here. But I have plenty of shows to watch while I wait for the tokens to regenerate. So not much of an issue to me.

Back