• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The ultimate guide to setting up a HTPC and configuring to bluray authoring......

gereral1

Come back daily to see if new uploads are up........

In the next couple weeks I will be taking users through a step by step setup of a successful home theater and the interface I use to view all my movies from anydvd hd. For advanced users you might learn a thing or 2 but this is for the guy who is wet behind the ears. I Have been using this system for 9 years and still works like a charm. You can spend days on the message boards learning or watch my visual videos. Head over to my youtube channel and click on home theater 101 weekly to see posted videos on these tutorials. Just trying to help you guys out.....Good luck...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL6zS_8A86Kgj-Kp8kZ-dNdZu9rOI2aIP

Just check this link from time to time . I try to get a video up every week time permitting

Last edited:
Looking forward to your new video. My only advice is to edit out the mistakes/re-do's as they can be very confusing. Keep up the good work! :)
PS: And shorten the intros.

Last edited:
From this point if your new to this you will be able to do the following:

1. Setup compression software and tools and codecs
2. Download Mpc and set correct settings
3. Set you Ati card for correct color blending RGB 4:4:4
4. find a correct playlist when screen pass is detected
5, extract the correct mpls file out of 100's of files
6. break down the file so you can work on each file separate
7. How to deal with Dolby Atmos with TRUE HD and down converting without errors
8. How to extract the forced subtitles to add using forced subtitles extraction tool
9. How to use Mkv to set forced subtitle flag
10. how to extract xml data off of Imdb with media center master to choose custom covers and backdrops
11. how to setup media browser 2.6.2 with subdued theme and how to change xml data to change what you see in media browser
12...ICM Broadcast 709 color profile for perfect color thru hdmi
13. Klipsch hometheater hooked up to htpc.
14. Deadbolt Banana Plugs 12 pair By Sewell Direct Hookup to a Denon Amp
15. Setup Madvr with MPC Media Player Classic with Haali media splitter and LAv filters
to play any bluray and Dolby Atmos audio. This video is truly a treat for the eyes!
16. Fractal refine R2 XL HTPC computer * A look into gereral1's HTPC
17. Build a custom home theater power management box to hide all your power cords, av cords, and speaker wires!
18. Wireless Mouse lag on desktop? The Fix!
19 DTS-HD MASTER 7.1 decoding to 7.1 LPCM with Media Player Classic
20. DTSHD MA 7.1 test tone files that will work with realtek manager and mpc and pwerdvd
21. HDR in MPC with GPU support.
22. The Kodi HDR Project....

Stay tooned...... More coming....

Last edited:

Deadbolt Banana Plugs 12 pair By Sewell Direct Hookup to a Denon Amp
..Enjoy......

Last edited:
April 6/2015 added a new video:

How to configure media browser 2.6.2 with subdued theme. This version is older than the new offerings but works error free. If it is not broken don't try to fix it! Especially with codecs, graphics drivers, windows. We all know that updating can cause more troubles then just leaving it alone. There are new version of this software available. I will make a system image them mess with the media browser 3 server and client. If something's goes weary I can at least go back to my perfect working interface and Bluray player and codecs.

From this point if your new to this you will be able to do the following:

1. Setup compression software and tools and codecs
2. Download Mpc and set correct settings
3. Set you Ati card for correct color blending RGB 4:4:4
4. find a correct playlist when screen pass is detected
5, extract the correct mpls file out of 100's of files
6. break down the file so you can work on each file separate
7. How to deal with Dolby Atmos with TRUE HD and down converting without errors
8. How to extract the forced subtitles to add using forced subtitles extraction tool
9. How to use Mkv to set forced subtitle flag
10. how to extract xml data off of Imdb with media center master to choose custom covers and backdrops
11. how to setup media browser 2.6.2 with subdued theme and how to change xml data to change what you see in media browser
12...ICM Broadcast 709 color profile for perfect color thru hdmi

Future videos:

Media browser 3 server side and client side setup for windows 7 and windows 8
Getting Netflix to look like bluray quality in your browser!
Backup data onto wdcloud drives, video streaming through network and more...

Where is the video for this? I need to know about setting up compression.

At the top of the thread links you to the Playlist.

How to setup Media Player Classic with madvr with Haali Media Splitter and Lav Filters. All the files are included in the link below the video when you goto the Hometheater 101 playlist and play this video. This is what I use right now for my HTPC. It blows away mpc and fdshow codecs and other players like kodi, vlc,.....

How to setup Media Player Classic with madvr with Haali Media Splitter and Lav Filters. All the files are included in the link below the video when you goto the Hometheater 101 playlist and play this video. This is what I use right now for my HTPC. It blows away mpc and fdshow codecs and other players like kodi, vlc,.....

Thank you gereral1. Your video really helped me to setup MPC-HC. I am going to watch your "Setup compression software and tools and codecs" video next.

Glad to help! Thanks for your kind comment. These tools make a wonderful movie only copy. Just be aware if the movie has Dolby atmos if converting ac3 to 660kbs with avchd coder. Ea3to cannot convert a true-hd unless the tsmuxer is used. This is all covered in the videos.

11-352-030-Z08?$S640$.jpg

11-352-030-Z07?$S640$.jpg

11-352-030-Z01?$S640$.jpg
Yep back at it again adding this hudge case to my htpc. This will give me 8 drive slots and 2 extra rear card ports to run a 4 sata3 port card from my last PCI 1 x slot. Also future room for a game card ( they are hudge these days)

Fractal Design Define XL R2 FD-CA-DEF-XL-R2-TI Titanium Grey Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

When it comes to htpc the less it looks like a computer the better.

Bought xtra fractal fan to add to this case. I will be transferring everything from my htpc over and will film this for those who are interested. Also bought 2 stands and stacked them and put all my stereo components and cloud and live drives into it. The 2 stands look great and gives me great airflow with perfect size shelves for everything including my klipsch center. Got the amp off the sub and did hudge cable management behind the htpc. Bought a GE 9 outlet black power bar with surge protection and some other stuff. The case is sitting in the box awaiting to be used :)

Building a cable box to insert power cords to feed to each shelf so you see 1 cable in and nothing out. All the cables will be inserted into a power box that will hide every cable and the back side will be solid and the side facing the shelves will have slots in each level for cords to come out to feed each piece of equipment. The TV HDMI cables will be hidden behind trim panels. I did a klipsch htpc video and a user said it looked like shit. So just came into 4 grand and am going to up the anti then record another htpc video. The rear speaker is now mounted professionally on the rear wall as the 6th speaker for movies that support 6.1 like Lord of the rings blurays. Gladiator and others. If I wanted to go over kill I could buy a separate amp for each channel and use the preamp on the denon to feed each amp separate. Check back as these videos will be released soon.

Last edited:
New video showing you guys my new computer case transfer and the hardware I use for my htpc. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing, I have the same case on one of my builds - super quiet :cool: heavy though! :D

Cable management! And do I detect 2 different types of ram? For your sake I hope they operate on the same frequency and cas latency. Btw there in the wrong slots, for optimal performance kits need to be in the same color slots. Usually 1&3 + 2&4 :)

It's the same RAM different heat sinks with the same trimmings. Be using this for 4 years. When I had 2 sticks I installed them in certain slots. The memory is same clock trimmings and same product IDs.

Configurations that do not match the above conditions revert to single-channel mode. The following conditions do not need to be met:

• Same brand
  • Same timing specifications
  • Same speed (MHz)
The slowest DIMM module populated in the system decides memory channel speed.

Well if the specs match, that's the main thing. The rest is cosmetic :) yup I know, slowest ram decides speed for all. My build is up in that gfx thread ;-)

Well if the specs match, that's the main thing. The rest is cosmetic :) yup I know, slowest ram decides speed for all. My build is up in that gfx thread ;-)
I searched your name for this thread and came up Mt. You have a link?

Back at it again making your custom home theater HTPC setup looking slick. Today I will show you how to hide all those cables and wires behind your computer and entertainment stand. This is great idea and might give you some ideas with your setup......

Back