• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Monuments Men still has Cinavia in WinDVD 11.6

Why would you recommend an external site to freeware that's very good. Http://www.piriform.com that's the only site I trust for cleaner and its companions. Anything else can have crap added to the installer.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
I've always used File Hippo, I click on the green button at the upper right corner and the download appears at the bottom of the screen.

If I remember correctly, the download link from Piriform takes you through a few hoops until the actual download button appears.

Not really click download - takes you to page with free or pages, on same page under free pick 'piriform mirror'. Done. 2 clicks

Not really click download - takes you to page with free or pages, on same page under free pick 'piriform mirror'. Done. 2 clicks

OK what ever, I don't want to get into a discussion about where the best download is, if Cybrsage feels uncomfortable going to File Hippo he can click on your link and go directly to Piriform. :)

I will do all of the above.
If that doesn't work, then I don't think I have any more suggestions left and James will have to find out what's wrong.

If it works for Battle: LA, it should work for Monuments Men and that's the enigma here.

I tried running the trial of Win DVD in my little home theatre and the program doesn't like my frame interpolation feature on my projector.
With that said I won't be purchasing a product key just to find out if I have the same problem with Monuments Men.
I have Power DVD14 and that works flawlessly (touch wood) and I really don't want to spend money on another player that doesn't work.
I already have ArcSoft TMT and it's become so problematic I've stopped using it _ what the problem(s) is/are would fill another thread.

I uninstalled, rebooted, manually removed all the folders left behind, ran CCleaner registry until it found no new items (and went ahead and did the cleaning portion too), rebooted. Installed 11.0, installed 11.6.1 update. Rebooted. All of this with AnyDVD set to not auto launch. WinDVD tells me I might need an update for newer movies, so I downloaded the KeyPack for it, but did not install it yet. So far, the physical disc of Monuments Men is playing fine and I am sure it will go past the 20 minute mark. For completeness sake I will let it do so to prove it is not some strange flaw in my disc (though I already proved this once, a little more time spent will not hurt me).

After I prove it is good without AnyDVD HD, I will start it and then play the physical disc again and hopefully it will work this time. CCleaner did find about 1200 registry entries to remove - is it really so hard to write an uninstaller that removes everything a program installed?

Nope, same problem. The fox is purple but Cinavia kicks in and mutes the audio - but only on The Monuments Men. It does not do it on Battle:LA. I will look for other Cinavia discs I might have, anyone know a good place to find a list of them?

EDIT: I read that Resident Evil: Afterlife has Cinavia on the English track - and I have that movie. I am playing the ISO to see if it triggers or not.

EDIT: It did not trigger Cinavia. Tomorrow I will try it with AnyDVD Cinavia Detection turned off to make sure it triggers.
EDIT: It did not trigger Cinavia with the option unchecked - so it must not have it.

EDIT: The Green Hornet has it (just proved this via testing). I am testing the Cinavia fix with it now - the fox turns purple.
EDIT: No Cinavia triggering in The Green Hornet with AnyDVD HD's fix enabled. I am going to test Men In Black 3 next.

EDIT: Men In Black 3 triggered Cinavia when AnyDVD HD was disabled, but did not when it was enabled. I will test Monuments Men again, just to go full circle.

EDIT: Monuments Men triggered Cinavia when AnyDVD HD was ENABLED. The fox was purple, but it still triggered.

Last edited:
After extensive testing, it appears there is something strange with The Monuments Men, produced by Columbia Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Smokehouse, and Sony Pictures. I have attached the logs for the physical disc - not positive I have done the physical disc yet or only the ISO.

View attachment 24811

I don't think it matters when it comes to a Cinavia problem, but if I'm reading the log file correctly, that disc is not a commercial Blu-ray.
There should be the AACS file at the top of the log file and there is none.
I'm wondering if this has something to do with your problem ???

I'll take a screen shot of what a log file should look like after work. :)

I hope it is commercial - it was bought at Target in a retail case and has the sorta ugly spicy mustard colored label and has the brownish back with all the psychedelic lines in it that move as you move the disc.

My eyes are not all that great, but on the back of the center region it says: BVDL-883850B1 and also has another BVDL number on the lighter (slightly higher) portion but I cannot really read that one.

it could be but not by that logfile, as that's a logfile for the ISO file and most issues require a logfile from the original physical disc.

Hmmm...I must have messed up then, I have the physical disc infront of me and will try it again - ensuring I do not also have the ISO loaded (which is what I must have done last time). Good thing I am not also chewing gum, else I might have set myself on fire doing this!

View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.8.3_Info_D_The Monuments Men.ziplog

There we go, it does have AACS encryption.

CCleaner did find about 1200 registry entries to remove - is it really so hard to write an uninstaller that removes everything a program installed?

I have been complaining about that for years, DVD Fab is really good about leaving dead remains all over your computer.

Be sure to do a clean install of CCleaner and reset all the options you want to use. Another very good registry cleaner I have been using for years, but not freeware is JV16 power tools. Learning curve, but does the best clean-up on your computer I have found.

A lot this and that has been written, to summarize:

AnyDVD Cinavia fix works with (almost?) all discs with WinDVD pro 11.6.1.13, except "Monuments Men".

So, the question is - what is different? Which type of soundtrack (Dolby/AC3, Tru-HD, DTS/DTS-HD?) does "Monuments Men" have? Is it different from the working discs?

Here is the info from inside WinDVD, they are both the same (unless I missed something). Also, as expected, the problem still exists with 7.4.9.0

This is from the ISO:

Windows 8 64
Version:
Navigation:
Type: BDJ
Drive Region: A
Drive: E:
TV System: Unspecified.
Video:
Downstream Renderer: CLSID_DisplayServer
Downstream Renderer
Video/Primary Video Stream
Type: H264
Connection type: DXVA_ModeH264_MVC
Bitrate: 33.000 Mbps
Framerate: 23.976 Hz
Resolution: 1920x1080
Aspect ratio: 16x9
Audio:
Audio/Primary Audio Stream
Hardware:
Audio Device: DirectSound renderer (PUMA: 1300)
S/PDIF: None
Number of speakers: 8
Stream:
Type: DTS-HD Master Audio
Bitrate: 1536 Kbps
Number of main channels: 5
LFE Channel: Present
Sampling Frequency: 48khz
Bits Per Sample: 24
Output:
Type: Linear PCM
Bitrate: 6912 Kbps
Number of main channels: 6
Sample Rate: 48 KHz
Total Movie Time:
01:58:23

This is from the physical disc:

Windows 8 64
Version:
Navigation:
Type: BDJ
Drive Region: A
Drive: D:
TV System: Unspecified.
Video:
Downstream Renderer: CLSID_DisplayServer
Downstream Renderer
Video/Primary Video Stream
Type: H264
Connection type: DXVA_ModeH264_MVC
Bitrate: 33.000 Mbps
Framerate: 23.976 Hz
Resolution: 1920x1080
Aspect ratio: 16x9
Audio:
Audio/Primary Audio Stream
Hardware:
Audio Device: DirectSound renderer (PUMA: 1300)
S/PDIF: None
Number of speakers: 8
Stream:
Type: DTS-HD Master Audio
Bitrate: 1536 Kbps
Number of main channels: 5
LFE Channel: Present
Sampling Frequency: 48khz
Output:
Type: Linear PCM
Bitrate: 6912 Kbps
Number of main channels: 6
Sample Rate: 48 KHz
Total Movie Time:
01:58:23

Just for giggles (and because I could), I re-ripped the movie to ISO with the latest version and tried it again - same result (as expected) where Cinavia mutes the audio while the fox is purple.

Just for giggles (and because I could), I re-ripped the movie to ISO with the latest version and tried it again - same result (as expected) where Cinavia mutes the audio while the fox is purple.
I think you're beating a dead horse here, if you want to watch your movie with WinDVD you're going to have to use the actual retail disc.
Or if you want to play your mounted ISO, you're either going to have to use a licensed player where the Cinavia fix works or an un-licensed player.
If the retail disc doesn't work, creating ISO's/ reinstalling/uninstalling software isn't going to do anything.

But I am sure you know this already _ what you could do is install a pre-Cinavia version of WinDVD.
The trial is pre-Cinavia, but that needs to be updated because when I tried it out "Rio 2" just "black-screened" on it, I had to use "Speed Menu" before it would work with that old version.
It's really stupid on their part, not having the latest version for trial, if a person doesn't have AnyDVD HD how the hell is anyone supposed to play any new Blu-rays on that old version !? :mad: Oh Yah, what great software, all it does it "Black Screen"...

Maybe James will eventually come up with a solution, but I am going to assume that it's not a priority right now _ I think he's busy with Slice. :)

Last edited:
I have downloaded a copy of The Monuments Men with the subs hardcoded into it and am using that. Not being able to play the ISO defeats the purpose of having a HTPC with Media Browser, etc. :) I figure James will eventually find time and / or just want to know what the heck is going on.

Slyce - now you are just saying silly talk! ;)

I have downloaded a copy of The Monuments Men with the subs hardcoded into it and am using that. Not being able to play the ISO defeats the purpose of having a HTPC with Media Browser, etc. :) I figure James will eventually find time and / or just want to know what the heck is going on.

Slyce - now you are just saying silly talk! ;)

Howdy pardner. I've heard tell of this thing called Slyce from some of the old timers 'bout these parts. There are tales of it being so powerful that they dare not release it for fear of stampeding the cattle and scaring the critters. Others say it is just the figment of over-active imaginations deranged by sour mash moonshine and stale baccy. Others say that if you are heard uttering it's name then you'll be taken by the ghost of old Leftie that still roams the tin mines round here. It's not even mentioned in the darkest corners of the saloons anymore even by the old prospectors. I'm minded to say that the legend of Slyce is just that, an old legend dreamed up by the townsfolk to frighten the childerns, so best forget it or it will drive ya mad I'm tellin' ya.

SIGH....I so wish people would get OUT of the habit of ripping every time they want to test something. Or at the very least rip once with keep protection. It puts a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on a blu-ray drive for LITERALLY no reason. Especially in regard to this option because it has nothing at all to do with ripping. Just run AnyDVD on the original disc or a protected image if you want to test new versions.

Back