• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Monuments Men still has Cinavia in WinDVD 11.6

cybrsage

Running either 7.4.8.0 or 7.4.8.2 beta, at the 20 minute mark the Cinavia pop up appears and sound vanishes. This does not happen on any other movie. I cannot remember what version I was using when I created the ISO.

Here is an info log file.
View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.8.2_Info_G_The Monuments Men.ziplog

EDIT: Captain Phillips has this same problem.

Last edited:
Running either 7.4.8.0 or 7.4.8.2 beta, at the 20 minute mark the Cinavia pop up appears and sound vanishes. This does not happen on any other movie. I cannot remember what version I was using when I created the ISO.

Here is an info log file.

I have no explanation. According to your logs, this should work.
Sorry.

I am going to find where I put the original and rip it to ISO again, just in case something funny happened during the rip. I will do it by Monday and let you know.

I am going to find where I put the original and rip it to ISO again, just in case something funny happened during the rip. I will do it by Monday and let you know.

Before ripping, just try the original disc.

Definitely will. Would it help if I put the ISO file in my OneDrive for you to test with? I rebooted my HTPC and tried it again, same thing. I am now trying it on my gaming machine (which has 7.4.8.0 and WinDVD 11.6 on Win8.1 - the HTPC is Win7) and will find out in about 18 more minutes. The fox is purple on this machine as well.

EDIT: Happened on my gaming machine too (using the same ISO), so it is not the PC itself...though both of them used WinDVD 11.6

Last edited:
It's either an issue with the fix or the player is unsupported

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I was curios to see if I could duplicate this situation and I couldn't _ strangely the trial of Win DVD Pro is old and appears to be pre-Cinavia. 11.0.0.342.521749.

I tried to trigger the Cinavia message and no luck and no purple fox.

Testing with Physical Disc Failed - Found Reason Why.

I got to test sooner than I thought since I returned from a family vacation a few hours early.

I looked up the exact version number, 11.6.1.13, and then searched the forum to see if it was supported. It became supported back in 7.4.7.0. It also works on all my other movies.

7.4.7.0 2014 05 14
- New: WinDVD up to 11.6.1.13 is now supported by AnyDVD's

I just reached the 20 minute mark with the physical disc and there was a Cinavia stoppage...it blocked audio even with the physical disc in. HOWEVER, after stopping playback with the physical disc in, a pop up appeared saying I needed an update to WinDVD and would I like to go to the web page and get it. Turns out it is a Key update...which could easily explain all the Cinavia errors. Interesting that it needs the physical disc to get the new keys - something I never expected nor would think is needed with AnyDVD HD turned on.

I downloaded and installed the new keys and am doing another 20 minute test with the physical disc. If this fails, I will test the physical disc with AnyDVD HD turned off. If it does NOT fail, I will test the ISO again...though that might have to wait until tomorrow.

EDIT: Nope, failed again even after the key update. I am now running the physical disc with AnyDVD shut down.

Last edited:
I got to test sooner than I thought since I returned from a family vacation a few hours early.

I looked up the exact version number, 11.6.1.13, and then searched the forum to see if it was supported. It became supported back in 7.4.7.0. It also works on all my other movies.

7.4.7.0 2014 05 14
- New: WinDVD up to 11.6.1.13 is now supported by AnyDVD's

I just reached the 20 minute mark with the physical disc and there was a Cinavia stoppage...it blocked audio even with the physical disc in. HOWEVER, after stopping playback with the physical disc in, a pop up appeared saying I needed an update to WinDVD and would I like to go to the web page and get it. Turns out it is a Key update...which could easily explain all the Cinavia errors. Interesting that it needs the physical disc to get the new keys - something I never expected nor would think is needed with AnyDVD HD turned on.

I downloaded and installed the new keys and am doing another 20 minute test with the physical disc. If this fails, I will test the physical disc with AnyDVD HD turned off. If it does NOT fail, I will test the ISO again...though that might have to wait until tomorrow.

EDIT: Nope, failed again even after the key update. I am now running the physical disc with AnyDVD shut down.
The disc will work WITH OUT AnyDVD HD running in the background.

Update to the latest AnyDVD HD build (7.4.8.3) and create a log file with the problem disc.

If indeed there is a new version of WinDVD Pro11, James will need to see the log file.

I just wanted to make sure the disk worked without AnyDVD HD running - just to rule out other issues. You are correct, it worked. I ripped the disc to ISO again, using 7.4.8.3 and played the ISO - Cinavia protection popped up again. It happens on more than one PC, one running Win8.1 and one running Win7 (both 64 bit).

Other discs do not have this problem, just as a note. I have also attached the log file for the physical disc.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.8.3_Info_D_The Monuments Men.ziplog
    251.2 KB · Views: 4
I just wanted to make sure the disk worked without AnyDVD HD running - just to rule out other issues. You are correct, it worked. I ripped the disc to ISO again, using 7.4.8.3 and played the ISO - Cinavia protection popped up again. It happens on more than one PC, one running Win8.1 and one running Win7 (both 64 bit).

Other discs do not have this problem, just as a note. I have also attached the log file for the physical disc.
You don't have to keep creating ISO's to test Cinavia enabled discs.
Just use the original disc with AnyDVD HD enabled, with the Cinavia box checked of course.
With the AACS protection removed, the original disc acts like an ISO to test and see if the Cinavia works.

Do you at least get the purple fox when you play the movie or does it stay red ?

It should stay Red if James' Cinavia solution isn't working. (and certainly it's not working)

Strange why it's only happening with this one disc and all other Cinavia discs don't have any problems.

When you play an ISO that is Cinavia enabled, does the fox turn Purple ?

Last edited:
It turns purple, which is why I was surprised. It worked on Battle:LA, though I am going to try it again tonight just to be sure there was not a slipstream change to WinDVD's patch level...since I have reinstalled WinDVD after I played Battle:LA last.

I am currently testing The Monument's Men on TMT 6 (latest patch .199) to see if it has the same problem on a third machine. The fox is purple while playing so it should work.

I made the new ISO in case something funky happened when I made the first one - I figured I would remove that variable at least. Same reason I did the other testing even though I knew what the results should be - remove variables. Tests only take 20 minutes, after all.

EDIT: The Monuments Men works on TMT6, latest rev. It has to be a problem in WinDVD. I will test other movies when I get home from work tonight. I fear Corel slipstreamed a change into their revision - so the number is the same but it is actually different.

Last edited:
It turns purple, which is why I was surprised. It worked on Battle:LA, though I am going to try it again tonight just to be sure there was not a slipstream change to WinDVD's patch level...since I have reinstalled WinDVD after I played Battle:LA last.

I am currently testing The Monument's Men on TMT 6 (latest patch .199) to see if it has the same problem on a third machine. The fox is purple while playing so it should work.

I made the new ISO in case something funky happened when I made the first one - I figured I would remove that variable at least. Same reason I did the other testing even though I knew what the results should be - remove variables. Tests only take 20 minutes, after all.

EDIT: The Monuments Men works on TMT6, latest rev. It has to be a problem in WinDVD. I will test other movies when I get home from work tonight. I fear Corel slipstreamed a change into their revision - so the number is the same but it is actually different.
What version of "Battle: Los Angeles" do you have _ there are several in which all have the Cinavia logo on the box except this one ?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Battle-of-Los-Angeles-Blu-ray/21660/

Boot up and uncheck the box in AnyDVD HD to prevent the player from detecting Cinavia _ reboot.

Go into the control panel and find "Auto Play" and choose to do nothing for a Blu-ray disc.

Make sure AnyDVD HD is enabled (Cinavia box should be unchecked)

Insert your "Battle: LA" disc and let AnyDVD HD scan the disc, open Win DVD and play the disc _ you should get the Cinavia message around 20 minutes into the disc now.

(the fox should be red, now that you have unchecked the Cinavia box)

I want to make sure that in fact that Battle: LA is in fact Cinavia enabled, it makes no sense why one Cinavia disc works and the other doesn't.

What other Cinavia discs do you have ?

My curiosity is going to get the best of me, I just know I'm going to blow 60 bucks to see if my Monuments Men ISO works with WinDVD 11.6.

Last edited:
It does have Cinavia (Battle:LA - region A), it is the test disc I use to make sure Cinavia detection is defeated - and the first one in which I ran into the problem. I am testing it now.

I just crossed 20 minutes on the machine without AnyDVD HD running and it gave me the audio muted Cinavia error. The other machine, the one where the fox turned purple, did not get an error. I ran it for 25 minutes to be sure.

Very odd indeed.

It does have Cinavia (Battle:LA - region A), it is the test disc I use to make sure Cinavia detection is defeated - and the first one in which I ran into the problem. I am testing it now.

I just crossed 20 minutes on the machine without AnyDVD HD running and it gave me the audio muted Cinavia error. The other machine, the one where the fox turned purple, did not get an error. I ran it for 25 minutes to be sure.

Very odd indeed.
Not really odd, the computer that gave the Cinavia warning behaved correctly as the Cinavia solution was UN-ticked.
I just wanted to make sure that in fact that Battle: LA was Cinavia enabled.

Go back to the machine where the Cinavia option is UN-checked and CHECK the box to enable the Cinavia feature in AnyDVD HD and reboot.

Insert the Monuments Men (the actual disc) _ let AnyDVD HD scan the disc and when you are sure it's done try playing it again. (and of course the fox should purple)

Also be sure and set AnyDVD HD to default settings in the Blu-ray section _ leave all the trailers/FBI warnings and other annoying things in tact when testing the Cinavia solution.
As the disc goes through the trailers and FBI warnings the fox will toggle from purple to red.
It shouldn't make a difference, but one never knows.

Last edited:
I set everything to default, verified Cinavia is checked, rebooted, let it scan the disc, and now am testing playing it.

EDIT: Fox turned purple.
EDIT: Cinavia popped up almost instantly.
EDIT: I am going to install WinDVD 11.0.0.342.521748 and then update again just to see if anything changes.

Last edited:
I reainstalled WinDVD without the SP3 patch (which turns it into 11.6) and of course it ran fine - 11.0 is not Cinavia aware. I then decided to scour the Internet for a download of the SP3 update to see if it would be different from my current version. I found one, installed it, and my version number is 11.6.1.13 LOGID301045 - which is also what the other machine has (and I downloaded that SP3 from Corel itself). Also, I am running the Pro version of WinDVD - but always have been.

I am running another test with the physical disc, to see if the uninstall, cleanup, reboot, and reinstall fixed anything. The fox is purple again...but it always is and still fails on this one movie anyway.

EDIT: Failed again.

Last edited:
I set everything to default, verified Cinavia is checked, rebooted, let it scan the disc, and now am testing playing it.

EDIT: Fox turned purple.
EDIT: Cinavia popped up almost instantly.
EDIT: I am going to install WinDVD 11.0.0.342.521748 and then update again just to see if anything changes.
Honestly I don't think that will make a difference, but what I do think will make a difference is once you uninstall it, run CCleaners registry cleaner as many times as necessary until it finds nothing, then reboot.

Install the latest build, assuming you can do that with out a previous version on the hard drive, and try again.

When you install a WinDVD again, make absolutely sure that AnyDVD HD is disabled and the auto start option is unticked, then reboot and then install WinDVD.

Just for your information, WinDVD didn't add Cinavia until version 11.5.

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

I'm not a big fan of registry cleaners, but this one works well with out damaging anything.
One of the worst ones is Reg Cure, it starts removing things from the registry and pretty soon things stop working properly in Windows.

Why would you recommend an external site to freeware that's very good. Http://www.piriform.com that's the only site I trust for cleaner and its companions. Anything else can have crap added to the installer.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back