• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The kids are ALL Right us

I come here to help by uploading files / or receive support .
not to be attacked , made a joke of or smart snide remarks .
It doesn't help to be attacked about where I get the disc , Ive explained more than once that I get it from a source similar to a place all or many of you would get your from .
I have had what you considerd a " real " disc and discs you've labeled as " boot " .

as mods or supporters or developments I would think better , or would trust being able to speak with you or got to you guys for support ..... just like my dvd retailer .

Dood. Unbunch your panties - no one is attacking YOU.
However, the source that's giving you your disks - has somehow been corrupted.
Him (it?).... we can attack... with certainty.
He's selling you poor quality BOOTS - please get mad at him not us.
Don't shoot the messenger. (And eliminate any denial you have left.)
You need to give that boot - the boot.

No one is making fun of you. But if you insist on defendiong the scammer that bites you - the humor of pathos will surround you.

-W

Last edited:
Dood. Unbunch your panties - no one is attacking YOU.
However, the source that's giving you your disks - has somehow been corrupted.
Him (it?).... we can attack... with certainty.
He's selling you poor quality BOOTS - please get mad at him not us.
Don't shoot the messenger. (And eliminate any denial you have left.)
You need to give that boot - the boot.

-W

no one is mad for one , I am expressing my self , as is you are , if that is the case then while you are expressing yourself , you are mad .
there is no need for attacking , don't you think when asked , to simply answer something is wrong with your disc , take it back , all the " extra " stuff , really not needed .
just like my supplier , in which i pay for service , in alot of your eyes I am paying for service that I am not getting or i am having a hard time getting the proper service .
just like here , I paid my program which came with support , not sarcasm not snide remarks . if I wanted entertainment I would watch a movie or go to a comic relief . not here !
and not shooting the messenger , I ask something I expect an answer / response ,, I don't play with any of you or clown or say smart things , I expect the same . I come for help I should receive it without the added . this is a business not a personal venue

This is a free public help forum - even the moderators are unpaid. No one is here just to service you and then shut up when told to. No one has to give advice to any particular standard of "dryness".
You get the best advice money can't buy here - for free even!
When you come in here with a boot - you don't get told "there is something wrong" - you get told it's a boot. The whole unwashed truth.
When you come in with yet another boot... of course you get told some more truth.
Your supplier is selling you boots - period.
No one is mad. And I'm sorry, but there's an element of humor in how many times you're going to go back to him for (yet another) beating and then poke at us for commenting on it.
Mike-R's comment was both funny and spoke to the heart of the matter. I can't add any more. Take the disk back - again.

-W

Last edited:
This is a free public help forum - even the moderators are unpaid. No one is here just to service you and then shut up when told to. No one has to give advice to any particular standard of "dryness".
You get the best advice money can't buy here - for free even!
When you come in here with a boot - you don't get told "there is something wrong" - you get told it's a boot. The whole unwashed truth.
When you come in with yet another boot... of course you get told some more truth.
Your supplier is selling you boots - period.
No one is mad. And I'm sorry, but there's an element of humor in how many times you're going to go back to him for (yet another) beating and then poke at us for commenting on it.
Mike-R's comment was both funny and spoke to the heart of the matter. I can't add any more. Take the disk back - again.

-W

And it might be free to you , but it IS sponsor and paid for by people who purchase their products thus this company !
I give respect so I deserve to get it . I would hope you wouldnt kick someone coming to you for help .
Al the discs I get are not boots , some have been as its been pointed out .
I still have a hard time believing a place with such reputation would have boots and if it is , this site / company has uncovered what fbi / government / and other departments have not been able to yet . and if that is true then I suggest you guys write in to these departments to bust such name brand places that are selling such boots .
No one said anything about telling someone to shut up directly , like I said I did not come here for peoples smart remarks , if this is not the area I should come to get help with out the comic comebacks then I am in the wrong area .

Let's step back and regroup

Can we drain the emotion out of this issue and stick to the facts at hand?

We really don't care where you got the disc and it has been implied often enough you got cheated. Amazon also offers "used" stuff so maybe that's the reason. That won't change anything, however. It's unfortunate if you took this personally and I do not think that is the intent of the comments here by the mods.

If you had come to me in Support I would have told/asked you the same thing as to the source and the position of SlySoft pertaining to support.
I would not have helped you past your initial inquiry.

The DVD is not from a studio, period. We can not offer any support for problems with such a disc.

This is not the first bootlegged DVD I've seen and it won't be the last. Feel free to report this disc to the site owner or even the studio. Up to you.
You should immediately do a charge-back on that purchase or use the refund option offered by the Internet retailer. And stop buying your movies there.

Further discussion is non-productive, in my opinion.

I still have a hard time believing a place with such reputation would have boots and if it is , this site / company has uncovered what fbi / government / and other departments have not been able to yet . and if that is true then I suggest you guys write in to these departments to bust such name brand places that are selling such boots .

The place your dealing with is probably reputable - you seem sure of that.
OK - Let's take that as a given. This means that the individual your dealing with (you know, the guy letting discount disks out the back door before the street date?) - I submit to you that he just might have his own little racket going - and it involves boots.

You may well have an actionable law enforcement issue there, but it certainly isn't up to us routine forum contributors to do your work for you. You have the evidence in your hand - so go be a good citizen and shut the boot down.

-W

PS: Email support at Slysoft will always give you "sanitized support" with no extra lip. But they'll still tell you a boot when they see it.
Edit: I was typing this when Frank was typing his...

Last edited:
Can we drain the emotion out of this issue and stick to the facts at hand?

We really don't care where you got the disc and it has been implied often enough you got cheated. Amazon also offers "used" stuff so maybe that's the reason. That won't change anything, however. It's unfortunate if you took this personally and I do not think that is the intent of the comments here by the mods.

If you had come to me in Support I would have told/asked you the same thing as to the source and the position of SlySoft pertaining to support.
I would not have helped you past your initial inquiry.

The DVD is not from a studio, period. We can not offer any support for problems with such a disc.

This is not the first bootlegged DVD I've seen and it won't be the last. Feel free to report this disc to the site owner or even the studio. Up to you.
You should immediately do a charge-back on that purchase or use the refund option offered by the Internet retailer. And stop buying your movies there.

Further discussion is non-productive, in my opinion.

I am not taken by the " its boot " loop , I am fine with that , I WANT to know if its a boot so I can take it back and let them know .
I am bothered by all the extra smartness that comes in after , " its a boot " by people who should be helping and not attacking .in a " help support forum .

The fact is disks with no protection at all can be copied without AnyDVD. There is no support needed.

Read errors cannot be resolved here, you need to return the disk to the place you bought it. The fact your 'retailer' is supplying you with bootlegs needs to be taken up directly with them. You should be happy that we helped you identify this bootleg again. You really should consider changing supplier.

Keep focused on the right target....

I am not taken by the " its boot " loop , I am fine with that , I WANT to know if its a boot so I can take it back and let them know .
I am bothered by all the extra smartness that comes in after , " its a boot " by people who should be helping and not attacking .in a " help support forum .

What I tried to tell you is this particular DVD is a clear "no-go" situation. Perhaps in an actual Support ticket you would have reached this point a little faster and it is unfortunate if some chemistry got in the middle from both sides of this issue, but I'll tell you for the last time and pick up on what Clams added at the same time I did my previous comment.

1. Do an immediate "fraud" charge-back on that transaction. Call your credit card provider. Selling copies of DVDs is outright theft, is a misrepresentation and is Internet/wire fraud. Period.

2. Inform the sales/security/fairness/whatever unit at that site and blow the whistle on this individual. They will be grateful. We do this all the time when we discover idiots/clowns/freeloaders selling stolen or cracked licenses on ebay, for example.

3. If you want to create a real stir then inform the studio that someone is selling copies of their DVDs on site www.xxxxx.zzz, etc. Maybe even send them the link. You don't have to mention anything else. Just put the spotlight on that person. I doubt he'll do this again anytime soon.

Tip for the future:

if the price for such a thing is too good to be true, it usually is. ;)

I'm a bit curious...if the place you get your dvds is so legit, why won't you name them? the fact is that I copied The Kids are All Right on a computer that doesn't have anydvd installed, I used the old dvdshrink, no problem at all.

Back