• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The hunger games is protected, it contains playlist obfuscation

Australian Release:-

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 7.0.7.1, BDPHash.bin 12-08-14)
MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ240ES 1.00 09082800
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23873728 sectors (46628 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE HUNGER GAMES
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 28
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc is region free!
Removed annoying trailers!
Removed UOPs!
Not sure, what you are trying to tell us... :confused:

OK there seems to be issues with this disks protection ect playback on pc ect. if its producted from a original and played back as a backup

but what about the backup running on standalone region free bluray players ?
will the protection popup or playback as normal ect ?

im only wondering this untill anydvd brings out a working protection removed solution ? for pc playback of backup bd .iso ect.

No, there's a problem with some of the discs, some of them have been fixed and will play back fine if ripped from the original using the latest build of AnyDVD HD (7.0.71). Those that work will play back fine on a PC or on a settop player, those that don't won't play back properly on either. It's not a PC play back issue, just a general playback issue no matter where you try to play it back

How can a company get away with this diabolical shamble.... some versions ok some broken some working lol some damaged some ******.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you mean, the original disc play back fine, it's only when removing protection that it causes issues which Slysoft have already fixed now unless a new version is released with a different version of the protection on it.
Also you might want to edit your post as bad language is not allowed in this forum

First thing to do is to update to the latest beta (7.0.7.1)

OK, D/L'd and installed 7.0.7.1. This time ran it against the retail version of the disk. Both AnyDvd HD status and the speed menu reports playlist 665 but Clown_BD v0.79 with eac3to v3.24 does not list playlist 665 as a option.

Does not seem to be a AnyDvd issue or at least AnyDvd is being constant between what is being reported in the status and the speed menu. Additionally, playlist 00665.mpls is in the BDMV\PLAYLIST folder so AnyDvd is doing its part.

For some reason Clown_BD v0.79/eac3to is filtering out the playlist as a option. I see many responses that redirect playlist questions back to speed menu or the status logs from AnyDvd but if they are reporting something that is not a option to use it is of limited benefit.

I found the recommended playlist posted here so that is not a problem. What I am trying to understand is how to determine which playlist to use without lurking in the forums or begging for information.

Bottom line AnyDvd, and Clown_BD make a awesome tool set. The problem seems diffidently, PEBKAC related. Any additional suggestions on how to determine the correct playlist that does get reported in Clown_BD would be greatly appreciated.

OK, D/L'd and installed 7.0.7.1. This time ran it against the retail version of the disk. Both AnyDvd HD status and the speed menu reports playlist 665 but Clown_BD v0.79 with eac3to v3.24 does not list playlist 665 as a option.

Does not seem to be a AnyDvd issue or at least AnyDvd is being constant between what is being reported in the status and the speed menu. Additionally, playlist 00665.mpls is in the BDMV\PLAYLIST folder so AnyDvd is doing its part.

For some reason Clown_BD v0.79/eac3to is filtering out the playlist as a option. I see many responses that redirect playlist questions back to speed menu or the status logs from AnyDvd but if they are reporting something that is not a option to use it is of limited benefit.

I found the recommended playlist posted here so that is not a problem. What I am trying to understand is how to determine which playlist to use without lurking in the forums or begging for information.

Bottom line AnyDvd, and Clown_BD make a awesome tool set. The problem seems diffidently, PEBKAC related. Any additional suggestions on how to determine the correct playlist that does get reported in Clown_BD would be greatly appreciated.

The playlist reported by AnyDVD is the correct playlist - the one that is being played by a player when playing the original disc.
AnyDVD sees it, the players see it, Explorer sees it, the players play it after AnyDVD processed the disc, play it with speedmenu enabled.

So if the tools you're using don't list it, you should contact the authors of those tools.

The Correct playlist of the US Redbox Rental:
55) 00017.mpls, 2:22:33
[511+6+507+503+8+7+9+3+501+4+505+502].m2ts
- Chapters, 16 chapters
- h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
- AC3, English, multi-channel, 48kHz
- AC3, Spanish, multi-channel, 48kHz

This I can confirm. My Redbox rental, this was the only correct playlist. The two disc Blu Ray + digital copy I bought at Wal Mart had only one correct playlist and it wasn't this one. The copy my son bought was Target has a totally different correct playlist. What I've found so far is that there is generally only one correct playlist per disc. Using one of the other correct ones makes the movie skip around content.

Just an observation from an old amateur at this

Use BDinfo for playlists if they are not showing in ClownBD

It looks like ClownBD does not show all the playlists, maybe it's filtering duplicates. You can use BDinfo http://www.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/tools/bdinfo to show all the playlists.

I used AnyDVD to give me a good playlist (565 in my case) and used BDinfo to find an identical one (00017) which DID show up in ClownBD. 8)

Yes, I would agree with post 5, depending on what disk you have and where you got it, and what region, determines what playlist MPLS is the correct one.

In region A, you also have seamless branching disks and non seamless branching disks.

BDinfo gives you all the information on the source disk. But can't identify the correct movie only playlist for that disk.

It looks like ClownBD does not show all the playlists, maybe it's filtering duplicates. You can use BDinfo http://www.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/tools/bdinfo to show all the playlists.

I used AnyDVD to give me a good playlist (565 in my case) and used BDinfo to find an identical one (00017) which DID show up in ClownBD. 8)
Perhaps you should just use it to find a playlist that runs 2:22:33, has 16 chapters, and shows up in your weapon of choice. Multiple posts back to the OP suggest that's the valid playlist, regardless of edition (bold underlined italics in each post is my emphasis):

9) 00076.mpls, 2:22:33
[4+509+504+501+512+511+1+505+508+503+510+502].m2ts
- Chapters, 16 chapters
- DTS Master Audio, English, multi-channel, 48kHz
- AC3, English, stereo, 48kHz

9) 00076.mpls, 2:22:33

All of those produce the same (correct) 2hr 22min 33sec feature.

The Correct playlist of the US Redbox Rental:
55) 00017.mpls, 2:22:33
[511+6+507+503+8+7+9+3+501+4+505+502].m2ts
- Chapters, 16 chapters
- AC3, English, multi-channel, 48kHz

For some reason Clown_BD v0.79/eac3to is filtering out the playlist as a option.

IIRC, ClownBD can be directed to open a specific mpls rather than working it out itself. So, as long as you can determine the correct mpls with AnyDVD, BDinfo or a forum post, ClownBD should be able to open and process it.

I guess my point (admittedly not clear) was that using the combo of AnyDVD and BDinfo we will be able to handle ANY disk where the playlist called out in AnyDVD does not show in ClownBD. We won't always know the feature length and number of titles. For Hunger Games that came from this board.

OR as YaniD suggests we could use command line to direct ClownBD to the playlist AnyDVD calls out.

Hunger Games - 2 disc retail, USA Region A

Some info I hope folks find useful:
It appears to me that all the playlists on my retail "The Hunger Games" blu-ray with times of 2:22:33 & 16 chapters are identical and valid. I actually ripped playlist #76, then processed it to 25gb with BDRB and watched it - and it appears to be fine. Playlist #832 on my disk appears to be an invalid file, as it crashes BDInfo. I had to change the extension on that playlist on my hard disk so BDInfo would ignore it - then all was well.

Devs,
Does AnyDVD provide an interface where an app such as ClownBD can query AnyDVD for the "Java BD protection good playlists" programatically, and select or force (if not shown by eac3to) that playlist during operation. I am using a custom perl script for my ripping needs, and I would like to exploit such an interface. Thanks.

Hunger Games not working for me

I have a Vidabox player and I cannot even get the AnyDVD software to read the Hunger Games BluRay disc. It is giving me an error message of "Windows Media Center cannot detect a video. Insert a video DVD into the drive." The disc is brand new. I am currently using the latest version 7.0.7.1 beta. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have a Vidabox player and I cannot even get the AnyDVD software to read the Hunger Games BluRay disc. It is giving me an error message of "Windows Media Center cannot detect a video. Insert a video DVD into the drive." The disc is brand new. I am currently using the latest version 7.0.7.1 beta. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Please read this and provide the logfile http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=45785

Hunger Games not working for me

I cannot create a log file because AnyDVD is not even able to scan the disc.

Back