• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The hunger games is protected, it contains playlist obfuscation

With the 2-Disc Blu-ray retail version, Clown_BD only shows nine playlists. PL 665 is not one, but 76 is.

So to confirm, playlist 76 and 665 are identical? AnyDVD HD does indicate PL 665 as valid, but it is not an option in Clown_BD. I may just run eac3to and tsmuxer in command mode just to extract play list 665.

Okay, this is truly strange. ClownBD and Bluray Extractor missing playlists that should be shown. Is this some kind of additional protection that not only scrambles the playlist that it does show the user, but also keeps the correct playlists (or some of the correct playlists) hidden from being able to be extracted.

And after watching playlists 76 tonight, i'm not so sure that it is not one of the scrambled playlists. It's not as obvious as previous attempts such as Source Code where there is obvious scrambling of scenes, but there are two scenes that just seem out of place. One, where she is on a train, and then the next thing she seems to be watching tv in a hotel room. Then there is the part where she is getting prepared for the games and then she seems to be out in the woods at night before continuing to be trained in the next scene.

I'm going to watch playlist 832 to see if i see the same scene issues and report back.

One, where she is on a train, and then the next thing she seems to be watching tv in a hotel room.

I haven't had a chance to watch 76 all the way through yet, but if it's the scene I think it is, it's right. She and Peeta are talking to Haymitch then it cuts to her curled up on a couch watching past years' games. If you look close, she's still on the train.

The wife and I saw it several times in the theater. We'll watch it through tomorrow and I'll report back if I find any discrepancies in 76.

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to watch 76 all the way through yet, but if it's the scene I think it is, it's right. She and Peeta are talking to Haymitch then it cuts to her curled up on a couch watching past years' games. If you look close, she's still on the train.

The wife and I saw it several times in the theater. We'll watch it through tomorrow and I'll report back if I find any discrepancies in 76.

Yup, false alarm. I clicked through it for those scenes and you're correct. You can see the window of the train if you pay attention.

And for the part where she's training and then out of nowhere she appears to be in the forest. Well, she isn't actually in the forest, but in the spot where two others where previously making a fire. She's now in that same spot trying to make a fire herself. It's a quick scene so it looks disjointed.

So yeah, 76 is a good playlist. Thanks for the confirm though.

By the way, this is a pretty decent movie. I really didn't get in to all the hype, so didn't have any wild expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Which means i probably won't read the books until after i've seen the full trilogy so i won't be disappointed with all the stuff they've probably changed between the movie and the books.

Last edited:
Canadian Release

Interestingly, the Canadian release (from Alliance) does not have this protection. The movie is 1 ~43GB .m2ts file and there is only 1 playlist.

Code:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 24021696 sectors (46917 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_HUNGER_GAMES
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 31
Removed AACS copy protection!

Code:
1) 00800.mpls, 00450.m2ts, 2:22:33
   - Chapters, 16 chapters
   - h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
   - DTS Master Audio, English, multi-channel, 48kHz
   - DTS Master Audio, French, multi-channel, 48kHz
   - AC3, English, stereo, 48kHz

Usually the Canadian releases are just the US release in different packaging.

Last edited:
@PrincipalityFusion

Why don't you test MPLS 17 and see if it looks OK to you, BD Rebuilder claims this is the valid movie only MPLS, most likely angle 1.

VSO media player claims this movie has at least angle 1 and angle 2 movie only MPLS.

Source Region A, Redbox disk
According to post 64, Region A has seamless branching disk and non seamless branching disk( one MPLS and M2TS) of the main movie Hunger Games.

Last edited by a moderator:
@PrincipalityFusion

Why don't you test MPLS 17 and see if it looks OK to you, BD Rebuilder claims this is the valid movie only MPLS, most likely angle 1.

VSO media player claims this movie has at least angle 1 and angle 2 movie only MPLS.

Source Region A, Redbox disk
According to post 64, Region A has seamless branching disk and non seamless branching disk( one MPLS and M2TS) of the main movie Hunger Games.

Playlist 17 does not show up in Bluray Extractor as an available playlist for me to choose. Of course, i can watch it in MPC-HC, but don't know if it's the correct playlist. You'll just have to watch that one to see if it jumps around.
I do find it strange however that playlists aren't showing up in ripping tools even though they exist. For example, playlist 832 is the playlist that AnyDVDHD says is the correct playlist for my copy, yet it does not show up in Extractor. I can navigate to it in MPC-HC so i know it exists, but i can't extract it. When I navigate to it directly in Extractor, it doesn't pull back any streams.

So there is definitely something odd going on here that the dev's may need to look in to.

Just in case this will help some of you, here is the info from a US Redbox disc:

Total size: 20834592 sectors (40692 MBytes)
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 30
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
Java BD protection good playlists: 565
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!
Removed UOPs!

AnyDVD has indicated which playlist it detects is the correct one. When using eac3to, this playlist does not show up if scanning the BDMV structure. You can however, point eac3to to the correct playlist directly.

Code:
eac3to BDMV\PLAYLIST\00565.mpls 1)

Note: I did not see the other playlists mentioned above as correct (17, 665, etc). This seems to have worked for me. :)

Just in case this will help some of you, here is the info from a US Redbox disc:

Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 30
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!

AnyDVD has indicated which playlist it detects is the correct one. When using eac3to, this playlist does not show up if scanning the BDMV structure. You can however, point eac3to to the correct playlist directly.

Code:
eac3to BDMV\PLAYLIST\00565.mpls 1)

Note: I did not see the other playlists mentioned above as correct (17, 665, etc). This seems to have worked for me. :)

yes, you can point eac3to to the playlist directly when the scan doesn't pick it up, but the result is that you get an empty resultset returned. It's as if the playlist has no video, audio, etc. Yet, you can play it using media player so you know it exists.

So my question is why isn't the playlist (or its constituent streams) showing up automatically when you scan the BDMV folder. It's like the playlist is hidden somehow so that scanning tools don't pick it up or when navigating to the playlist directly, don't show the streams that make up the playlist.

I'm not blaming AnyDVD as it's definitely decrypting the disk, but maybe this protection has a new twist that is hiding some of the playlist from AnyDVD depending on which version you have. Luckily, i am able to see one of the correct playlists (76 in my case) so i can back it up.

I just find it odd that BDRebulder, ClownBD, and HDDVD/Bluray Extractor are all missing correct playlists from their result set even though those playlists can be viewed in software players.

Last edited:
FWIW, this is an excerpt from MakeMKV with AnyDVD enabled:
Code:
File 00004.mpls was added as title #0
File 00007.mpls was added as title #1
File 00010.mpls was added as title #2
File 00044.mpls was added as title #3
File 00076.mpls was added as title #4
Title 00093.mpls is equal to title 00010.mpls and was skipped
Title 00108.mpls is equal to title 00076.mpls and was skipped
Title 00109.mpls is equal to title 00004.mpls and was skipped
Title 00110.mpls is equal to title 00044.mpls and was skipped
Title 00145.mpls is equal to title 00007.mpls and was skipped
File 00234.mpls was added as title #5
Title 00247.mpls is equal to title 00010.mpls and was skipped
Title 00257.mpls is equal to title 00007.mpls and was skipped
Title 00262.mpls is equal to title 00007.mpls and was skipped
Title 00277.mpls is equal to title 00234.mpls and was skipped
Title 00289.mpls is equal to title 00004.mpls and was skipped
Title 00292.mpls is equal to title 00234.mpls and was skipped
File 00321.mpls(2) was added as title #6
Title 00326.mpls is equal to title 00044.mpls and was skipped
Title 00336.mpls is equal to title 00010.mpls and was skipped
Title 00347.mpls is equal to title 00004.mpls and was skipped
File 00352.mpls was added as title #7
Title 00364.mpls is equal to title 00044.mpls and was skipped
Title 00376.mpls is equal to title 00004.mpls and was skipped
Title 00381.mpls is equal to title 00010.mpls and was skipped
Title 00399.mpls is equal to title 00007.mpls and was skipped
Title 00447.mpls is equal to title 00076.mpls and was skipped
Title 00462.mpls is equal to title 00076.mpls and was skipped
Title 00523.mpls is equal to title 00234.mpls and was skipped
File 00526.mpls was added as title #8
Title 00534.mpls is equal to title 00234.mpls and was skipped
Title 00540.mpls is equal to title 00007.mpls and was skipped
Title 00565.mpls is equal to title 00076.mpls and was skipped
Title 00572.mpls is equal to title 00352.mpls and was skipped
Title 00590.mpls is equal to title 00010.mpls and was skipped
Title 00597.mpls is equal to title 00004.mpls and was skipped
Title 00621.mpls is equal to title 00007.mpls and was skipped
Title 00645.mpls is equal to title 00044.mpls and was skipped
Title 00653.mpls is equal to title 00004.mpls and was skipped
Title 00665.mpls is equal to title 00076.mpls and was skipped
Title 00685.mpls is equal to title 00234.mpls and was skipped
Title 00686.mpls is equal to title 00234.mpls and was skipped
Title 00703.mpls is equal to title 00007.mpls and was skipped
Title 00716.mpls is equal to title 00007.mpls and was skipped
Title 00723.mpls is equal to title 00352.mpls and was skipped
Title 00726.mpls is equal to title 00352.mpls and was skipped
Title 00735.mpls is equal to title 00234.mpls and was skipped
Title 00760.mpls is equal to title 00044.mpls and was skipped
Title 00778.mpls is equal to title 00352.mpls and was skipped
Title 00785.mpls is equal to title 00234.mpls and was skipped
Title 00808.mpls is equal to title 00044.mpls and was skipped
Title 00810.mpls is equal to title 00352.mpls and was skipped
Title 00817.mpls is equal to title 00010.mpls and was skipped
Title 00821.mpls is equal to title 00044.mpls and was skipped
Title 00832.mpls is equal to title 00076.mpls and was skipped
Title 00843.mpls is equal to title 00076.mpls and was skipped
Title 00876.mpls is equal to title 00076.mpls and was skipped
Title 00894.mpls is equal to title 00044.mpls and was skipped
Title 00951.mpls is equal to title 00044.mpls and was skipped
Title 00964.mpls is equal to title 00004.mpls and was skipped
Title 00971.mpls is equal to title 00076.mpls and was skipped
Title 00973.mpls is equal to title 00007.mpls and was skipped

Don't know if that will help shed some light on the situation or not...

yes, you can point eac3to to the playlist directly when the scan doesn't pick it up, but the result is that you get an empty resultset returned. It's as if the playlist has no video, audio, etc. Yet, you can play it using media player so you know it exists.

So my question is why isn't the playlist (or its constituent streams) showing up automatically when you scan the BDMV folder. It's like the playlist is hidden somehow so that scanning tools don't pick it up or when navigating to the playlist directly, don't show the streams that make up the playlist.

I'm not blaming AnyDVD as it's definitely decrypting the disk, but maybe this protection has a new twist that is hiding some of the playlist from AnyDVD depending on which version you have. Luckily, i am able to see one of the correct playlists (76 in my case) so i can back it up.

I just find it odd that BDRebulder, ClownBD, and HDDVD/Bluray Extractor are all missing correct playlists from their result set even though those playlists can be viewed in software players.

I`ve only done a minute or two reading on this movie. But last night I ripped it to my hard drive with the latest AnyDvd HD beta and the latest BDRB version and sofar it is playing fine, about 10 minutes into the movie. If it helps I can post the log info if needed.

My eac3to picked it up just fine when I pointed it to the playlist.
Code:
1) 00565.mpls, 2:22:33
   [4+509+504+501+512+511+1+505+508+503+510+502].m2ts
   - Chapters, 16 chapters
   - AC3, Spanish, multi-channel, 48kHz

I'm not blaming AnyDVD as it's definitely decrypting the disk, but maybe this protection has a new twist that is hiding some of the playlist from AnyDVD depending on which version you have.

I would think it is more of a limitation of eac3to as I think the latest version was released before this type of protection was in use. I remember Madshi making changes ages ago to lower the number of playlists shown, although I don't remember why he did it.

yes, you can point eac3to to the playlist directly when the scan doesn't pick it up, but the result is that you get an empty resultset returned. It's as if the playlist has no video, audio, etc.
I am not getting an empty result. I was able to extract the streams and mux them together using mkvmerge. Perhaps your disc is different than mine.

US Blu-ray Disc

I have the US Blu-ray disc if anyone needs me to post something let me know how i can help.

Total size: 23432960 sectors (45767 MBytes)
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 30
Java BD protection good playlists: 832
BD-Live deactivated!

My eac3to picked it up just fine when I pointed it to the playlist.
Code:
1) 00565.mpls, 2:22:33
   [4+509+504+501+512+511+1+505+508+503+510+502].m2ts
   - Chapters, 16 chapters
   - AC3, Spanish, multi-channel, 48kHz

I would think it is more of a limitation of eac3to as I think the latest version was released before this type of protection was in use. I remember Madshi making changes ages ago to lower the number of playlists shown, although I don't remember why he did it.

I got the same result when using eac3to on playlist 665 (US 2-disc retail version). The output is identical to playlist 76 and so I just went with playlist 76 in Clown_BD. My guess is that eac3to may be detecting the duplicate playlists and not listing them.

I am not getting an empty result. I was able to extract the streams and mux them together using mkvmerge. Perhaps your disc is different than mine.

Sorry, i should have clarified. I didn't use command line eac3to to view the playlist. I pointed Bluray Extractor directly at the playlist. And for whatever reason, it does find the playlist, but never returns any of the streams.

So i just thought that it was eac3to not finding the streams. I guess Bluray Extractor is not communicating with eac3to correctly then when you point it directly at the playlist instead of letting Extractor find the playlist.

AnyDvd HD is reporting:
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 7.0.7.0, BDPHash.bin 12-08-14)
TSSTCORP DVDWBD SH-B123L SB02 0816
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 30
BD-Live deactivated!
Added speed menus!

speed menus is also referencing playlist 565.

Clown_BD v0.79 is not showing a 565 playlist to chose from :bang:
What am I missing...

thanks

Last edited:
First thing to do is to update to the latest beta (7.0.7.1)

Australian Release:-

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 7.0.7.1, BDPHash.bin 12-08-14)
MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ240ES 1.00 09082800
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23873728 sectors (46628 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE HUNGER GAMES
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 28
Blu-ray disc is region free!
Removed annoying trailers!
Removed UOPs!

Back