• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Holiday too large for shrink

I'm confused. The log matt1981m posted along with him stating the program versions (DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, FixVTS, RipIt4Me)... is he even using AnyDVD?

the Holiday

Anyone having problems copying the Holiday? I use AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 and it tell me to clean the disk, which I have 5 times. I switched to 1 Click Pro and it is reporting bad sectors in title 1 and gets to 68% and quits. I tried Video Vault same problem. Any suggestions? The movie plays fine in WinDVD. :doh:

Anyone having problems copying the Holiday? I use AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 and it tell me to clean the disk, which I have 5 times.I switched to 1 Click Pro and it is reporting bad sectors in title 1 and gets to 68% and quits.Any suggestions?

If you're using Anydvd 6.1.3.2 and Clonedvd 2.9.0.3 and you are not experiencing problems with other movies, then your original disc is bad and you should exchange it, even if it plays fine in Windvd.

Last edited:
the Holiday

No, I am not having any problems copying other movies, in fact this is the first one that ever failed.

I will take your suggestion and rent a new one.

Thanks for responding! :bowdown:

Holiday Backed up

I don't understand the problems that people are having...I wonder if I'm doing something wrong!!!!! I BACKED UP 'Holiday' in 1 pass using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I have the whole movie plus all the extras and even the sub-titles.I don't have any other backup programs on my system. I've been reading most of the FAQS and am amazed at the DVD's that people can't backup and I've already been there and dun that. I've had one bad backup in over a year and that was 'ICON' Since I bought Slyfox programs, I even backed it up successfully. Am I doing something wrong???? Pops

No you're fine!
Most all of the new Sony crap can be backed up entirely using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 (or Nero recode) - in one shot.

The only thing is.... you get all the extras, sub-titles, and about 80 extra files added to the DVD that it doesn't need too. :D

-W

Last edited:
Holiday Backed up

Is this bad??? I have a 32 inch GL HD TV in my bedroom. My backups are every bit as good as my originals. My DVD's that are about a year old play as nice as the originals. I have no idea what the file system on the DVD's look like as I have never had to look at them.My question is: Alot of guys are doing everything that they can to get rid of the extra 80 or so files. Why??? Is this something that will come up and bite me later??? Should I be more fussy in my backups or should I just take the attitude "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I am concerned, cause I read all the problems most guys on here are having.... and thanx to all the guys that arn't treating me like a moron and are really helping me...... Am I supposed to sign my name after a letter??? Pops

The file sizes of the junk are small (and I'm sure most people remove them in Clonedvd2).
what sort of files are we manually looking to remove?
The only thing is.... you get all the extras, sub-titles, and about 80 extra files added to the DVD that it doesn't need too. :D
-W
is there any easy way for people to remove these 80 extra files that aren't needed?

Yes... you can manually deselect them (playing them 1st and determining they are part of the Sony junk) If you're burning to a duel layer DVD they don't really affect you. But if you're compressing to a DVD5 then you really wanna get rid of them.

-W

Yes... you can manually deselect them (playing them 1st and determining they are part of the Sony junk)...
-W
what do you mean by junk for example?
in clonedvd2 when i'm copying the disc,you have the main movie and some other titles below-the boxes checked with a tick.if i click on these, in the preview window it starts playing a particular title/chapter from the film-are these the ones you can leave out?the main movie is checked at the top of the list though.
the only reason i ask is on one film ages ago (i think it was star wars episode 4) i unchecked these 'extra' boxes,and when i watched the copy i made it jumped chapters.like i said before though,the main movie was checked with a tick.

I followed the instructions to backup "The Holiday" using clonedvd2 but even after that, "The Holiday is 5GB large. Even if I reauthor to just the main movie it is still too large....

Any one have ANY suggestions?

Even with first editing/ Processing with VobBlanker first ....
I have received this message from DVDShrink - at times
- with some of these newer titles
... and the same with the "Holiday"

My Solution was to simply ignore it .
It turns out to be a completely "False" Warning

DVDShrink will compress the title to 4.36GB - regardless of what it reads
After the Deep Analysis - 'comparing' the .IFOs in relation to the .VOBs
- DVDShrink handles these titles perfectly : a 4.36GB result

.... and the same - if using CloneDVD2 first ....

;) Just Ignore the Warning

:)

Back