• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Haunting new UHD disc does not play.

Paulo Elias

I have the latest version of AnyDVD HD in my computer, version 8.6.4.0, which plays any Blu-Ray disc. Just yesterday, I got the most recent 4K edition of the movie The Haunting, which played normally in my Oppo standalone player. However, when inserted in the PC's drive, namely the LG HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40 1.05, a message pops up and says to try to play the disc later.

In the Status window, it informs the following:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.4.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40 1.05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 44036448 sectors (86008 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_HAUNTING
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 77
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
UHD Blu-ray disc.
Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

This is my first experience ever that AnyDVD is unable to correctly identify and play a 4K Blu-Ray disc. In that release, a conventional Blu-Ray is also included, which plays just fine.

This may be a new protection encoding scheme. I hope that the above information will give a clue to AnyDVD programmers, in order to see which kind of protection this is. The disc was released by the label Shout Factory! You can read the review here: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Haunting-4K-Blu-ray/333742/#Review

It is not supported yet, see this (pinned) thread at the very top.

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't normally follow the forum, and thus I had no idea that such a list already existed. Are you suggesting that I should include this title in that list?

I have just seen that someone included The Haunting as "Haunting" (number 29). Therefore, I presume that there is no need to contribute to the list.

Are you suggesting that I should include this title in that list?
Yes, use the scanner in the second thread and post the result without modifying it. When it says "Unsupported", then you are the first one to post the disc. When it says "Still unsupported", it has been posted already and you will be added as an alternate contact.
Then check the thread every now and then if James posts about having added new keys. Scan it again, it should give you a different message now. Post the result again to remove it from the list. Now you can decrypt the disc.

You can also already copy the disc with the checkbox of keeping the encryption marked, then you don't have to scan the physical disc every time. But you need Virtual Clone Drive installed, so it can mount and scan the .iso. This will be faster, but when the disc is supported and you want a copy without encryption, you have to copy it a second time. So it is your choise on what you prefer.

Therefore, I presume that there is no need to contribute to the list.
No urgend need, no. But as I just said, you will then be added as an alternate contact. So if the original submitter doesn't react anymore, then you can be the one to remove the title from the list.

I ran the scanner and posted the results in the un-supported thread. I hope that it will result in a valid contribution. This UHD disc was released last month., and therefore brand new.

Back