• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

the expendables

youngdog56

anyone having troble ripping the expendables with anydvd hd? it only will rip uptp 32% and the i gey an error.

You would need to post a log. This would be how:

Post the Anydvd zip log file to the forums:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

5) This isn't necessary, but it's nice to see:

Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd HD. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.

I had problems with it.

I feared that I might have a bad disc as I tried the ImgBurn test and it failed with CRC errors, which point to a bad disc or bad drive.

I tired a couple of other Blu-rays and they rip fine, so I know it's not the drive.

Did you try disabling AnyDVD and creating an ISO using ImgBurn?

I wonder if there is a bad batch of these out there?

I wonder if there is a bad batch of these out there?
Possibly. I had to open and close my BD burner's tray (Pio BDR-205) three times and finally the drive recognized the disc. It took way longer than usual to rip it onto my hard drive. Ripped movie played just fine on my PC, but I got occasional audio pops and clicks. Has anyone actually watched the entire ripped movie and encountered the audio glitches?

anyone having troble ripping the expendables with anydvd hd? it only will rip uptp 32% and the i gey an error.

I have the same problem. Ripped another movie just now and no problem so my equiptment is OK. Tried the expendables 3 times. Most I got was 50%.

Hmm, so four different people having same or similar problems ripping "The Expendables" with one person saying they had no problems? Sounds like a pattern or a bad batch.

I guess I'll go back and create a log to post. Would encourage others having problems to do the same.

No problem on this end with the Blu-ray version in region A.

Seems to be a seamless branching disk as MPLS 0004 is the main movie approximately 1 hr and 40min and quite a few M2TS files that make up the main movie.

MPLS 0006 is NOT the main movie (as identified by Clown_BD BD copier thru streaming) even if it is approximate 2 hrs in duration, and also has quite a few M2TS files that make up MPLS 0006. No compression needed for main movie only, approximately 16gb with the audio I selected.

AnyDVD HD
Clown_BD (loaded MPLS 0004)
Imgburn

Last edited by a moderator:
There can be multiple causes to read problems with Blu-Ray discs including but not limited to:

• A badly pressed original (aka defective).
  • A damaged disc.
  • Problematic filters and/or problematic drivers.
  • A flakey Blu-Ray drive be it dying or just cheap junk.
  • A thin film on the disc that may need to be carefully cleaned off. It's a result of the manufacturing process. This film can be virtually invisible to the eye.

In order for any help to really be given we need to see log files. People should definitely follow SamuriHL's bad disc guide.

Last edited:
26 files to make up a movie I think.

It's OT, but BD-RB failed to make a movie only BD25 backup. I got looks like a director's commentary instead.

Alright, we have some people saying they had no problem with this Blu-Ray release and some people who are having problems. I would politely request that we see logs from both people who did and did not have problems. I don't have any suspicion or belief that this is an AnyDVD issue but let's get all on the same page so we know if we all are dealing with the same exact Blu-Ray disc.

I rented this movie to see if I liked it and if it was worth buying. No issues at all. I need to return it today, actually:

Summary for drive U: (AnyDVD 6.7.3.1)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-205 1.09 10/06/04PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 24228320 sectors (47320 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: EXPENDABLES_THE
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 19
Removed AACS copy protection!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.3.1_Info_U_EXPENDABLES_THE.zip
    311.6 KB · Views: 6
Here is mine. I was able to rip it.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.7.3.0)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-205 1.09 10/06/04PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 24228320 sectors (47320 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: EXPENDABLES_THE
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 19
Removed AACS copy protection!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.3.0_Info_E_EXPENDABLES_THE.zip
    290.1 KB · Views: 2
Disk plays fine. Ripped with out any problem. The rip however does not play with TMT3 or MPC-HC. I guess I'll just have to play this one with my player instead of streaming it from my server.

[*]A thin film on the disc that may need to be carefully cleaned off. It's a result of the manufacturing process. This film can be virtually invisible to the eye.
[/list]
I was able to rip it, but that was a very slow process (froze several times...). So, I tried that method above and am ripping it again right now. Now, it's ripping very smoothly as usual.

Thanks for the tip!

BTW, I was able to watch it using TMT3.

You guys that are having ripping problems can also try slowing down the rips to 1x. Will take longer, but, might be more successful.

I tried cleaning the disc twice with no success. I took the disc back to the rental store and got a exchange. The second disc does the same thing. 40 to 50% and it gives me a error reading disc. If you look at the time left counter it will go from say 48min 32sec to 5915min 30sec. When it shut off it was up to over 9000 minutes to go. I wonder why some of you don't have problems and others do. I also tried using imgburn which also shut down around 40%.

It would definitely seem to indicate a bad batch of discs are out there. Often times when you get a bad batch, exchanging it at the same source will just yield another disc in the same batch.

I watched my second dvd on my HTPC and about half way through it locked up. I restarted the movie and dragged the slider past where it froze and watched the rest with no problem. Is half way or so where it changes layers? If that in fact is what it does.

Back