• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

the expendables

Returned my problem copy and got a new one that ripped out any issues.

Well, that's good at least. I hate the mfg process they use on these discs. In order to maximize profits they use the cheapest disc pressing companies they can find. That leads to mastering errors and just plain old bad quality.

I ripped this movie with no problems using AnyDVD ripper. But after using Clown to remove all the crap except the movie, I eneded up with some kind of mix of the movie, director's comments and 3 pictures within pictures on the screen. Very wierd. Anybody see this in their rip? The rental disk played ok without this other stuff that showed up in my copy

I have been working on this as well with not much luck.

AnyDVD HD
Clown...
ImgBurn

First Attempt: Got the director stuff, looked pretty messed up. It was obvious it had chosen the wrong track, director versus the main movie. File size is over the 25gig limit.

Looked into the files that were copied to my harddrive; particulary the stream folder. I moved a number of files 00415 to 00444 to a backup directory.

Second Attempt: Without the extra files. A few other limitations. The movie looked good; until we got to the part where Sly, Jason and the girl are fighting a group of guys (before the big pier explosion), it stops on Slys face during one of the fight moves. Sound is great. File size with 7.1 is slightly over 20gig.

Third Attempt: Working on it now. Upgraded my AnyDVD to the most recent version. Re-cutting the entire movie to my hard drive after cleaning the disk. I will post an update on my status considering this has yet to be solved.

Last edited:
I just got this disc yesterday. Haven't had a chance to rip it yet.

Check out this thread.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=44674

I had the same problem first. The solution was to select the MPLS 0004 file which is the second largest file.

Read that post. My second attempt would have bypassed that situation by making the 0006 smaller than 0004. My second attempt worked... but... when playing back the file it only got about 33% of the way through before crapping out.

I am attempting a third approach:
1. has ImgBurn first putting out the files to M2TS chapters
2. then using ImgBurn to create the ISO file
3. then use ImgBurn to write the ISO to the BlueRay

It has not completed all the steps. I am currently on step 3.

I eneded up with some kind of mix of the movie, director's comments and 3 pictures within pictures on the screen. Very wierd. Anybody see this in their rip?
Yep, that's what exactly happened to me even though I used BD-RB. And audio was way off too. Really crazy stuff lol.

Anyway, in my case the solution was easy. BD-RB presumed the largest file (director's commentary in this case) was the main movie. All I had to do with was to select "Other Movie-Only Playlist" and choose the second largest file from the drop-down list. Why don't you try BD-RB?

Little system i use:
1) Point BDInfo or HDDVD Bluray Stream Extractor (preferred) at the Bluray.
2) Use Media Player Classic to play mpls files that step 1 says should be the movie. Play a few minutes to make sure it's the movie and not a special track encoded with the movie (it's hard to tell sometimes, especially with Disney)

View attachment AnyDVD_6.7.7.0_Info_E_No Label.zip
You would need to post a log. This would be how:
View attachment AnyDVD_6.7.7.0_Info_E_No Label.zip
Post the Anydvd zip log file to the forums:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

5) This isn't necessary, but it's nice to see:

Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd HD. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.

My english is very bad. I hope i made everthing good

My english is very bad. I hope i made everthing good

Yea, your log is fine.

1.64s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0
1.64s: tries 9 retry 256 to 272
1.79s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0
1.79s: tries 8 retry 256 to 272
2.48s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0
2.48s: tries 7 retry 256 to 272
2.64s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0
2.64s: tries 6 retry 256 to 272
3.32s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0
3.32s: tries 5 retry 256 to 272
3.48s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0
3.48s: tries 4 retry 256 to 272
4.17s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0
4.17s: tries 3 retry 256 to 272
4.32s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0
4.32s: tries 2 retry 256 to 272
4.99s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0
4.99s: tries 1 retry 256 to 272
5.15s: read sectors failed, sense 4:9:0

However, your disc is not. Either your disc is bad (very likely) or your drive is slowly dying.

Back