• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

the divergiant series alligiant from redbox USA with anyDVD-8031

Slippery when wet

I get only a black screen. log file provided.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_D_ALLEGIANT.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Not sure if its the same with BluRay, but with CloneDVD there are 2 movies noted in the Video Titles. The one that is 2 hours is the correct one. But there is Cinavia to deal with. The other is 2hrs 34 mins and is one where a segment of this movie is replaced with a blank. However, that segment is at the end of the movie after the credits. Not sure how to move around the latter, but with CloneDVD you simply choose the 2 hr version and it works.

cinavia has nothing to do with playlist recognition, please do not bring CloneDVD into this as a blu-ray structure is completely different.

FWIW, the Redbox rental wouldn't play properly using just PowerDVD 16.0.1713.60. It would load and sit at a black screen even when AnyDVD wasn't running. Since then PowerDVD 16.0.1907.60 was released. It might possibly resolve playback issues but I can't test since the rental had already been returned before the update was released.

FWIW, the Redbox rental wouldn't play properly using just PowerDVD 16.0.1713.60. It would load and sit at a black screen even when AnyDVD wasn't running. Since then PowerDVD 16.0.1907.60 was released. It might possibly resolve playback issues but I can't test since the rental had already been returned before the update was released.
I'm not sure if you meant DVD or Blu-Ray. CyberLink probably updated the playback encryption keys for PowerDVD for Blu-Ray. They constantly have to do this to get Blu-Ray to play. Almost every single time I rent Blu-Ray, I have to do some kind of update for PowerDVD to get them to play. It's gotten so bad, I'm wondering if I should even bother renting Blu-Ray and just stick to DVD. It's simpler and faster.

PDVD9 played it just fine with AnyDVDHD running of course and displaying the correct playlist in speedmenu and the status window.

I'm not sure if you meant DVD or Blu-Ray. CyberLink probably updated the playback encryption keys for PowerDVD for Blu-Ray. They constantly have to do this to get Blu-Ray to play. Almost every single time I rent Blu-Ray, I have to do some kind of update for PowerDVD to get them to play. It's gotten so bad, I'm wondering if I should even bother renting Blu-Ray and just stick to DVD. It's simpler and faster.

I meant Blu-ray as this is the Blu-ray discussion area. As for the regular updates, yes, I'm aware. I just found the timing interesting given the fact that PowerDVD wasn't able to play the disc as it should.

AnyDVD exception! Please send this AnyDVD dump file to bug@redfox.bz

With a short description how to reproduce this error!

Click OK to open the file location

Attachments

• Error Message.jpg
    Error Message.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 22
This is for USA RedBox Allegiant BD. I'm still getting a blank screen as reported by 'Slippery when wet' with the SpeedMenu disabled. See first logfile below. If I enable SpeedMenu I get 9 Features all using the wrong playlists(not 838 the correct one). See the second logfile below. How can I make a BD that uses playlist 838?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_F_ALLEGIANT.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_F_ALLEGIANT.ziplog
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
You can't 'make' one. It seems you've encountered an as of yet previously unseen version. Now that you've provided a logfile the developers can update the opd, and with some luck speedmenu won't be needed at all. For the record, you've attached 2 identical logfiles. Both with speedmenu enabled.

Two things to note:
  1. I rented the Redbox version sometime last week and the OPD gave the proper playlist: 838. I've never seen Redbox use more than one "version" of a disc release before but I suppose it's possible. That said, while I was shown the proper playlist playback was not successful due to a black screen which is likely caused by my next point...
  2. Pete has noted an issue with bus encryption and at least one of the Allegiant Blu-ray versions released:
    Sorry, folks, there appears to be a bug in AnyDVD bus decryption that has impact on handling this disc.
    If your drive doesn't support bus encryption, there's no problem, if it does, the workaround would be: create a protected ISO, mount that and THEN remove the protection.
    Next version of AnyDVD will have this fixed.
Obviously, as Ch3vr0n noted, post log files.

This is for USA RedBox Allegiant BD. I'm still getting a blank screen as reported by 'Slippery when wet' with the SpeedMenu disabled. See first logfile below. If I enable SpeedMenu I get 9 Features all using the wrong playlists(not 838 the correct one). See the second logfile below. How can I make a BD that uses playlist 838?

Just repeat again, this disc has been added.

Pete has noted an issue with bus encryption and at least one of the Allegiant Blu-ray versions released

Yes, but this should no longer be true. The problem would occur with all Allegiant discs if your drive supports bus encryption.
But a workaround has been added to the OPD for the time-being that appears to fix this issue.

Yes, but this should no longer be true. The problem would occur with all Allegiant discs if your drive supports bus encryption.
But a workaround has been added to the OPD for the time-being that appears to fix this issue.

I apologize, Pete. I was unaware this issue could be fixed through the OPD. I was under the mistaken belief that an updated release of AnyDVD would be required. :oops:

I'm not getting a black screen but I am getting a message saying that a copy was detected even when I'm using the original disc. AnyDVD correctly reports track 838 as the correct one and my drive supports bus encryption. As a test I did get the newest beta 8.0.3.1 and it didn't seem to change it.

Happens at 10:30 on the disc.

EDIT: Took a watch at process monitor with Media Player Classic. Found that Screenpass was redirecting to playlist 493 which is a fake list. The detected one in AnyDVD is correct and works when I point at the mpls file directly but it isn't getting used during ripping or playback. Seems that Screenpass is still trying to redirect during normal playback.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_D_ALLEGIANT.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
How do you put logfile in anydvd

Put in AnyDvd, no. Create using AnyDvd, then copy and post here, yes. Follow nebostrostrangl's advice to create the file.

Back