Technical question ...

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by 2Ksmom, Mar 3, 2007.

1. 2Ksmom

2Ksmom New Member

When I download an update for AnyDVD, do I need to keep the previous updates on my computer? I find that they are taking up alot of room on my computer.

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Keep Updates

No, you do not need to keep the previous updates. I would however, for caution's sake, keep the last update that you had no problems with and remove all earlier. While the Slysoft updates have been very good, there were one or two that had issues and a fix was needed, so..........

3. fivestones

fivestones Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think that you need to keep over one or 2 but ill keep all of mine. You can save them if you like and save them on to a CD or to a floopy disk that is the way ill do it.

4. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

I always select "Run". I never save any older versions. If you need an older version, they are all available for download (Back to 5.9.4.1) at File Hippo.

5. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

I never save any older versions.

-W

6. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I just keep the last update as a backup only but install over the old one when a new update is out.

7. customshopkv1

customshopkv1 Well-Known Member

I have a Slysoft folder on my external hard drive that I keep every update Slysoft has had. Packrat I guess when it comes to computers and software.:p

8. stang05

stang05 Member

can not update new versions

Went to home page and checked for newer version and still says 6.1.2.5. I cleared my cache and doubled checked settings on anydvd and it is checked for automatic updates,but was not notify about the updates. Still cannot get updates. Please help me

9. nwasend

nwasend Active Member

I am the exact same way. I have an external drive with all the updates. The oldest file i have saved is 5.4.1.1 from August of 2005. :eek:

10. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

The download page shows 6.1.3.0 for me.
    [​IMG]

11. stang05

stang05 Member

home page does but not the HISTORY!!!!!!!!!

12. stang05

stang05 Member

Did any one download the new versionand saved it on there harddrive? If so can you send it to me?

13. Charlie

PM me with your email addy and I'll send it just the exe though.

14. fivestones

15. stang05

stang05 Member

went to that web site and the history is still at 6.1.2.5. and it will only download that version

16. Charlie

I beg to differ here is a screen shot of there download page. I also downloaded it when it was released and running it currently too.

[​IMG]

17. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

stang05......Try HERE ......... File Hippo is a very reputable site.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  18. bilbo65

bilbo65 Well-Known Member

I had no problem with the link to down load Ver 6.1.3.0...Or to read the history of the update...

19. fivestones

Thanks for that link oldjoe they have all of them There.

And i cliked on my link and it worked for me for the last update.

20. stang05

stang05 Member

Thanks OLDJOE that site worked very well :clap: :agree: :bowdown: :bowdown: