• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Summer Ghost BluRay crashes AnyDVD HD 8.6.6.0

3D-VR-Fan

regardless of the Bluray Hardware, I tried 3 different BD players.
Log file enclosed.
Anny suggestions?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.6.0_Info_A_SUMMER GHOST.ziplog
    113.3 KB · Views: 2
regardless of the Bluray Hardware, I tried 3 different BD players.
Log file enclosed.
Anny suggestions?
Could you be more specific, what type of players?

Also, have you tried to play with VLC, PowerDVD, etc.?

Please try the beta, which is at the top of the Forum page, or the link below:

If you have more issues, please post the AnyDVD log just like you did up above me.

:thankyou:

Do as it says and update MakeMKV. I could not find the installed version inside the log, so I don't know if it is already up to date.
Code:
Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!

Could you be more specific, what type of players?

Also, have you tried to play with VLC, PowerDVD, etc.?

Please try the beta, which is at the top of the Forum page, or the link below:

If you have more issues, please post the AnyDVD log just like you did up above me.

:thankyou:
Tried the beta. didn´t work either, see error log enclosed with beta 8.6.6.3
Players are: PIONEER BD-RWBDR-S12U 1.01 , second HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.00, third OPTIARC BD RW BD-5750L 1.50
they all work well.
It is an AnyDVD HD-issue, because I used DVDFab and could rip it. Afterwards, CloneBD worked with the ISO file.
This should help you.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.6.3_Info_A_SUMMER GHOST.ziplog
    115.7 KB · Views: 2
Do as it says and update MakeMKV. I could not find the installed version inside the log, so I don't know if it is already up to date.
Code:
Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!
first, thank you for the hint, I did not open the ziplog in the first place. Why should I? We have been told, just post the log---and there was no message displayed.
So. I opened the log, found your hint and updated MakeMKV
after this I stopped AnyDVD HD restarted and it went well, now copying image.

It does not crash. It shows you an elaborate error message. Please do what the message says, "uninstall or update MakeMKV".
First: It does not show anything, neither a message, you have to unzip the log and look into the files.
It worked, but why the hell does MakeMKV affect AnyDVD HD? You should fix such dependencies, at least during installation process, not sending users into the woods.
But hey, thank you, it helped.

I did not open the ziplog in the first place
You just need to take a quick look into the AnyDVD Status window for this one. No need for dealing with the zipfile. I usually always just look there for something I can understand, if there is nothing, I leave it for the Devs or one of the more knowledgeable members.

you have to unzip the log and look into the files
Two things: This message is in the Status window. So as I just said above this, you can also see it there.
Then, a tip on how to view the logs: You don't need to unzip them. In fact, I never do that anymore. Just assign the filetype to 7zFM (7-zip FileManager) or whatever you use (if possible with that program), then you can directly view them and there is no need to unzip it only for deleting these files afterwards.

why the hell does MakeMKV affect AnyDVD HD
As the status window also tells you, the disc wants Bus encryption. AnyDVD can't deal with that on non-flashed drives (like it could with 3.10MK for Asus BW-16D1HT). You have a Pioneer drive, that can't be flashed (currently, officially). So in order to decrypt the disc, AnyDVD uses MakeMKV which can deal with it to disable Bus encryption and then it can decrypt the disc. Without MakeMKV, you would not be able to watch or rip this disc.
This is more advanced knowledge and you are not expected to know any of this, but please always check the Status window first. In your case, it explicitly tells you that the disc wants Bus encryption and that you have to update MakeMKV because something went wrong (maybe it was too old).
And now it will tell you that Bus encryption has been disabled by MakeMKV.

Maybe it should not say or uninstall MakeMKV, as you have a Pioneer Drive and the disc wants Bus encryption. In that case, it should only tell the user to update MakeMKV, otherwise it won't work as well.

AnyDVD can't deal with that on non-flashed drives (like it could with 3.10MK for Asus BW-16D1HT). You have a Pioneer drive, that can't be flashed (currently, officially). So in order to decrypt the disc, AnyDVD uses MakeMKV which can deal with it to disable Bus encryption and then it can decrypt the disc. Without MakeMKV, you would not be able to watch or rip this disc.
Hold your breath. AnyDVD handles this just fine without MakeMKV. This is a Blu-ray disc. Not UHD. Wrong MakeMKV version interferes with AnyDVD.
So again, either UNINSTALL or UPDATE MakeMKV.

First: It does not show anything, neither a message, you have to unzip the log and look into the files.
It worked, but why the hell does MakeMKV affect AnyDVD HD? You should fix such dependencies, at least during installation process, not sending users into the woods.
But hey, thank you, it helped.
AnyDVD shows a message like "There is a problem, check status window for details". In this window it says: "Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!"
The problem is, that MakeMKV LibreDrive patches the drive's firmware on the fly (!), so it can interfere with AnyDVD. So you need either remove MakeMKV or install a version compatible with AnyDVD (the latest).

AnyDVD shows a message like "There is a problem, check status window for details". In this window it says: "Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!"
The problem is, that MakeMKV LibreDrive patches the drive's firmware on the fly (!), so it can interfere with AnyDVD. So you need either remove MakeMKV or install a version compatible with AnyDVD (the latest).
Sorry guys, to insist in things I already did (updating MakeMKV) does not help. Why the harsh tone? It´s solved, so calm down.

But I am not happy with your answers anyway.
And no, I did not see such messages as you described in the first place.
First time it really crashed, (James, hope you could accept this)
Second time I tried another Drive of my 3 drives, and it failed again but I could generate the logfile after another try
Again, I did not see those messages.
I did not see those messages!
If you don´t belive me, I cannot help it.
And I tweaked my system quite a bit, NTLite is like a good friend.

Again, for me it´solved, but... I don´t like to be accused and urged to do unnecessary things.
I wonder how DVDFab solves this, without any flaw, because it did not urge me to remove or update other things.
it´solved ... so far

Hold your breath. AnyDVD handles this just fine without MakeMKV. This is a Blu-ray disc. Not UHD. Wrong MakeMKV version interferes with AnyDVD.
So again, either UNINSTALL or UPDATE MakeMKV.
Even if it wants Bus encryption? That is a bit surprising to hear for me tbh. I thought it always needs to work that way it that case.

I don't see any harsh tones, we (or rather I) just state what I believe to know.

As for DVDfab, I assume it doesn't call MakeMKV at all, so if it works without it as James said (what I didn't know before), then that is the reason.

Even if it wants Bus encryption? That is a bit surprising to hear for me tbh. I thought it always needs to work that way it that case.
No, not with bluray. That's only true for uhd.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

No, not with bluray. That's only true for uhd.
Oh ok, didn't know there is a difference. I just thought Bus encryption means Bus encryption.

Then please forget what I said about the message, to uninstall MakeMKV is a correct message.

I will try to improve non-UHD handling by not using LibreDrive with Pioneer drives, as I believe the problems only occur with Asus/LG.

I will try to improve non-UHD handling by not using LibreDrive with Pioneer drives, as I believe the problems only occur with Asus/LG.
@James , that sounds confusing to me. Right now either drive type will complain about Libredrive, be it a Pioneer or an ASUS / LG. if you want / can fix it you would have to check upfront if it is an UHD and only then invoke Makemkv. I don't know if that is feasible.

Back