• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Subtitles only?

Don'tEatYellowSnow

OK, so I made a mistake when first starting to use AS and did not download subtitles for English speaking titles.

Well, for the British titles I have found subtitles help me tremendously since I can have some trouble understanding with the accents.

Is there any way for me to just download the subtitles for videos I have already downloaded or do they need to be done at the same time to ensure they are in sync?

There's not a way if you're using the embedded option naturally. If you're using the external (SRT) option the subtitles are the first thing that downloads. As such, start the given download, then abort the download a second or two later and the external (SRT) subtitles will be sitting there in your download folder. And no, the subtitles don't have to be downloaded at the same time as the video. All you're doing is downloading a file so.

There's not a way if you're using the embedded option naturally. If you're using the external (SRT) option the subtitles are the first thing that downloads. As such, start the given download, then abort the download a second or two later and the external (SRT) subtitles will be sitting there in your download folder. And no, the subtitles don't have to be downloaded at the same time as the video. All you're doing is downloading a file so.

Excellent, using SRT so this will work for me.
I love this product!

You know if this uses up a token?

You know if this uses up a token?
Yes, unfortunately it counts as a normal download, even if you only want the subtitles or a second language. I'm not affectet of this but maybe the devs will think about it again when the other problems are gone.

Yes, unfortunately it counts as a normal download, even if you only want the subtitles or a second language. I'm not affectet of this but maybe the devs will think about it again when the other problems are gone.

Yes, a non-issue for me as well. I don't think I even come close to using 280 tokens a week as it is. Yesterday was probably my busiest day ever and I probably used 30 - 35. Having to use a few extra a week just to fill in subs where needed isn't a problem.
But I can see where others might run into an issue if they screw up like I did and have to go back and fix it. The SRT check box will never be unchecked again for me ... :)

Back