• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Subtitles not showing up on my AnyStream files

whatever_gong82

I've been fooling around with AnyStream via the trial license the last 2-3 days, and I liked it so much, that I just purchased a lifetime license.

However, one thing that I don't like is that whenever I download a file, the subtitles don't show up at all.

For example: I just downloaded 2 episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise, but I noticed that both episodes don't have any subtitles with them at all.

I've attached my AnyStream log for the developers to look at.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.9.3.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Since AnyStream isn't a player, you left out a bit of vital info. What are you using for playback, did you pick embedded or external subtitles (if so what format)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Since AnyStream isn't a player, you left out a bit of vital info. What are you using for playback, did you pick embedded or external subtitles (if so what format)

Sorry, Ch3vr0n, I know better than to not add that bit of info.

I'm using PowerDVD 20 Ultra for playback, I left the subtitles set at whatever AnyStream downloads them at.

Could you explain the difference between embedded and external subtitles?

Thanks.

At this point it looks like PowerDVD had a problem identifying the subtitle track is one. Download 'mediaInfo' and check if there's a subtitle track to begin with.

There's 3 options in AS.

Embedded: adds the subtitles as a separate track INSIDE the mp4. (Note: this is DIFFERENT from hardcoded subs that would be baked into the video which requires recoding. Not something AnyStream can do)

srt and TTMLv2: grabs the subtitle track and places it into a SEPERATE FILE with the corresponding file extension and named identical to the video filename for easy loading by video players and media servers.

I don't think this is the first report of pdvd having problems with loading the embedded subs. It's an excellent dvd/(uhd)bd player but it sucks at the rest/is bloatware.

At this point it looks like PowerDVD had a problem identifying the subtitle track is one. Download 'mediaInfo' and check if there's a subtitle track to begin with.

There's 3 options in AS.

Embedded: adds the subtitles as a separate track INSIDE the mp4. (Note: this is DIFFERENT from hardcoded subs that would be baked into the video which requires recoding. Not something AnyStream can do)

srt and TTMLv2: grabs the subtitle track and places it into a SEPERATE FILE with the corresponding file extension and named identical to the video filename for easy loading by video players and media servers.

I don't think this is the first report of pdvd having problems with loading the embedded subs. It's an excellent dvd/(uhd)bd player but it sucks at the rest/is bloatware.

I just noted with AnyStream that the subtitles are set to download as Embedded, which PowerDVD doesn't seem to pick up.

I'm going to re-download one of the episodes with an SRT file and see what happens.

It looks like by changing AnyStream's subtitle settings into one in which an SRT file is downloaded, and then keep that SRT file with your downloaded file, I was then able to use PowerDVD 20 to play the file with subtitles enabled, if I wished.

Attachments

• Amazon-Tom & Jerry_S01E19_The Truce Hurts.astlog
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Which means it's a PDVD playback problem, not an AS one. Although with time perhaps this identifying problem can be addressed at the AS level.

Just an FYI, i always have preferred seperate set files over embedded ones. For me it's easier to edit them if I need to, cause I use the downloads on a Plex server.

Which means it's a PDVD playback problem, not an AS one. Although with time perhaps this identifying problem can be addressed at the AS level.

Just an FYI, i always have preferred seperate set files over embedded ones. For me it's easier to edit them if I need to, cause I use the downloads on a Plex server.

Thank you, Ch3vr0n, for your tips and pointers about AnyStream.

:)

I hate to disagree, but I use PowerDVD 20 extensively and the subtitle issue is with AS. I have been complaining about this issue for a while. I am still using Ver 1.0.9.1 because the later versions have problems with subtitle lines running together (no line break).

I sometimes have to download the srt file and use handbrake to remux into the video to get it to work properly.

Prospere has noted in another thread:

ProspereRedFox Development Team
We're taking care of this.

PowerDVD is not the issue.

Don't want to start any arguments, it's just the CC titles have been an issue for a little while now.

Last edited:
No hate needed, if it can be fixed from within AnyStream that's even better. There's just been a new version 1100, maybe try that and see if it fixes the problem for both of you.

No hate needed, if it can be fixed from within AnyStream that's even better. There's just been a new version 1100, maybe try that and see if it fixes the problem for both of you.

I certainly hope so, Ch3vr0n, but I'm ripping a Blu-ray with AnyDVD right now, so I'll install the new version of AnyStream in a few minutes, after my ISO is created by AnyDVD.

Ch3vr0n, a question: can you rip a movie with AnyDVD while using AnyStream at the same time?

It was something that just occurred to me right now.

Of course you can, AnyStream doesn't use the ElbyCDIO.dll that would cause anydvd to shut down when you update AnyStream, like what would happen if you update CloneBD for example when ripping with Anydvd.

ElbyCDIO.dll is a dll file processing optical drive communication between drive/os/processing software. AnyStream doesn't access optical drives at all, think of it as simple file downloader like in your favorite webbrowser. (It just has some extra bells and whistles ;))

The newest version allows for subtitles in the video file, with or without the SRT file. However, the video file shuts down about 1-2 seconds before it's supposed too, i.e., a cartoon, for example, shuts down 1-2 seconds before the end of the picture.

Attachments

• Amazon-Tom & Jerry_S05E11_Nit Witty Kitty.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • Amazon-Tom & Jerry_S05E10_Slicked Up Pup.astlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.1.0.0.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
The newest version allows for subtitles in the video file, with or without the SRT file. However, the video file shuts down about 1-2 seconds before it's supposed too, i.e., a cartoon, for example, shuts down 1-2 seconds before the end of the picture.
At the end of the picture or at the end of the credits?

At the end of the picture or at the end of the credits?
At the end of the picture, when the MGM music is supposed to say the end of the picture.

Otherwise, I like that the RedFox people fixed the subtitle issue.

:)

I was trying to download a Amazon title, when AnyStream crashed on me.

I'm attaching the dump file, and a few of the AnyStream logs from some of the files that I've downloaded today after the update.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.0.0_Dump_20210402211313.astdmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Amazon-Tom & Jerry_S05E01_Mouse Trouble.astlog
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Amazon-Tom & Jerry_S05E12_Cat Napping.astlog
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Amazon-Tom & Jerry_S05E15_Tom's Photo Finish.astlog
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Amazon-Batman- Return of the Caped Crusaders.astlog
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Subtitles are still not showing up with the latest update.

And, the video still shuts off right before the end.

Attaching 3 logs to my reply, including the dump file.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.0.2.astlog
  • Amazon-Looney Tunes_S09E07_A Fractured Leghorn.astlog
  • AnyStream_1.1.0.2_Dump_20210405215852.astdmp
    1 MB · Views: 0
Back